PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk/Pats Statement on latest Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bad the injury is when they open it up? Imaging tells you the type of injury, but until you get in there you can't tell the full extent.

While some orthopods do spine surgeries, I do not. So I am making a generalization above.

Hey, wait a minute..I don't want no damn arthropod doing anything remotely resembling "surgery" around me...:eek:

Hey, wait a minute..I don't want no damn arthropod doing anything remotely resembling "surgery" around me...:eek:

Haha.

You prolly know this but orthopedic surgeons are sometimes called orthopods for short.

Has there ever been a player in the BB regime other than Gronkowski where the team issues joint statements with the player's family? How strange. And this wasn't the first one.
I was thinking the same thing. Strange and I guess I do wonder how much longer BB will put up with all the extra baggage. This is an issue for next year though, in my mind.

They're also called "he'll be out of the office the next 3 weeks...would you care to make an appointment in two months?"......
With your broken arm, no less. I had this happen with a 12 year old...

I was thinking the same thing. Strange and I guess I do wonder how much longer BB will put up with all the extra baggage. This is an issue for next year though, in my mind.

Agreed.

When Brady gets hurt, you don't hear a peep.

When Gronk has a papercut, its on CNN, Fox News, ABC, Lifetime, BET and PBS.

TBH, I do blame Gronk for this. He needs to tell "Team Gronk" to stop leaking his side of the story and work with the team to collaborate better on how to message his medical issues to his fans and sponsors. These leaks to the Buffalo Town Crier just puts the team and Gronk in a bad spot and needing to go into PR damage control is a waste of time and totally preventable.

You would think by now they have learned. Just amateur hour stuff.

Agreed.

When Brady gets hurt, you don't hear a peep.

When Gronk has a papercut, its on CNN, Fox News, ABC, Lifetime, BET and PBS.

TBH, I do blame Gronk for this. He needs to tell "Team Gronk" to stop leaking his side of the story and work with the team to collaborate better on how to message his medical issues to his fans and sponsors. These leaks to the Buffalo Town Crier just puts the team and Gronk in a bad spot and needing to go into PR damage control is a waste of time and totally preventable.

You would think by now they have learned. Just amateur hour stuff.
What difference does it make?
Its just something for people who like to ***** to ***** about.

he is now a guaranteed bargain for a while with super human skills

Which is why all this "trade time" nonsense is just so mind-numbingly dumb. You don't trade a superstar player on a very favorable contract at close to his lowest possible value. I would be more concerned about him being traded away if he had another monster season this year than I am now.

Which is why all this "trade time" nonsense is just so mind-numbingly dumb. You don't trade a superstar player on a very favorable contract at close to his lowest possible value. I would be more concerned about him being traded away if he had another monster season this year than I am now.
I don't seem them trading him even if he plays 19 or 20 games next season... especially not frankly

What could change the situation after the surgery? What would they need to wait or look for?

The surgeon would be able to see what's going on under the skin and see how bad it is.

I'm totally guessing - I'm a stranger on the internet making up things.

One thing I was curious about is whether his recent lung injury will make the surgery more complicated since he is going to need general anesthesia. Any medical expert out there who can allay my concerns?

Don't know if he'll ever play for the pats again

Despite the disagreement tags you got, you may be right. Ruptured disc ain't no joke. Sciatica pain is no fun and unrelenting. Also, I keep hearing how back surgery is not so effective, even these days.
I hope I'm wrong and I hope medical technology has advanced past what I
know/knew it to be.
So yeah, he may not play for the Pats or anyone else, for that matter, again.
Sucks!

What difference does it make?
Its just something for people who like to ***** to ***** about.

Clearly it makes a difference to BB team. Thus why the need to scramble to do damage control every time Team Gronk goes rogue with injury news.

Clearly it makes a difference to BB team. Thus why the need to scramble to do damage control every time Team Gronk goes rogue with injury news.
I don't see it that way. I don't see scrambling and damage control.

One thing I was curious about is whether his recent lung injury will make the surgery more complicated since he is going to need general anesthesia. Any medical expert out there who can allay my concerns?

I'm not very familiar with anesthesia, but it depends on if his lung is back to normal or not. Regardless, they may take extra precautions just in case. But since it seems like he healed up without any respiratory issues (as far as we know) it shouldn't affect much.

I don't see it that way. I don't see scrambling and damage control.

Team Gronk implied that the NEP rolled him out there when they knew he was injured.

That forces Stacy James to get BB, the medical team and others to get their internal story straight, huddle with Team Gronk to get their external messaging aligned.

That entire exercise is a colossal is a waste of time.

Team Gronk implied that the NEP rolled him out there when they knew he was injured.

That forces Stacy James to get BB, the medical team and others to get their internal story straight, huddle with Team Gronk to get their external messaging aligned.

In the statement where he said he was cleared by independent doctors?

You are looking too hard for something that isn't there.

Where did they imply that?

That's because of 2013 when Brady was throwing to Edelman and 2 rookies for most of the year. Take that year out and there is minimal drop off in Brady's numbers without Gronk

also mulligan as the TE...not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back