PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk/Pats Statement on latest Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the statement where he said he was cleared by independent doctors?

You are looking too hard for something that isn't there.
Its the Patriots internal huddling after the Carucci story that caused it.

Yeah I need more than some NFL insider saying it happened against the Seahawks especially after having the opposite confirmed via press release.
Carucci has reported injury stuff on Gronk in the past.

I'm pretty confident hes getting his info from Team Gronk.

Its the Patriots internal huddling after the Carucci story that caused it.
What is 'internal huddling'? They made an announcement. Big deal.
If Carucci is right and he was injured in the Seattle game, and aggravated it last week, what is the issue? He was cleared to play and chose to play.
Its the NFL players get injured. Its the Patriots, injuries don't get explained in detail, so after the fact things come out.
Nothing to see here.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm not. But again, I don't care.

Could be Rosenhaus, his family or anyone really. The same tweet also said 8 weeks and not season ending so could have also been someone medical. Doubt that the Gronk family would leak something about a timeframe.

"Gronkowski family"

If it were "Brady family" it would be his wife and kids. For Gronk it must mean his mom and dad.

I don't really get how a 27 year old multi-millionaire would still be beholden to his parents about his job. It sounds strangely infantile.

Could be Rosenhaus, his family or anyone really. The same tweet also said 8 weeks and not season ending so could have also been someone medical. Doubt that the Gronk family would leak something about a timeframe.
Carucci was on the Playbook with John Rooke yesterday and confirmed he gets his information from the family as he has known them forever. Apparently Gronk's older brother frequently visited Carucci's house when he was growing up as the brother and Carucci's kid were in the same class and friends. Its where he first met Gronk who told him "some day you will be writing about me". Carucci has the inside track to the Gronk Clan that is a simple fact.

Carucci was on the Playbook with John Rooke yesterday and confirmed he gets his information from the family as he has known them forever. Apparently Gronk's older brother frequently visited Carucci's house when he was growing up as the brother and Carucci's kid were in the same class and friends. Its where he first met Gronk who told him "some day you will be writing about me". Carucci has the inside track to the Gronk Clan that is a simple fact.

So his family leaked a potential 8 week timeline?

"Gronkowski family"

If it were "Brady family" it would be his wife and kids. For Gronk it must mean his mom and dad.

I don't really get how a 27 year old multi-millionaire would still be beholden to his parents about his job. It sounds strangely infantile.
If there were truth to that you may have a point

"Gronkowski family"

Or business savvy.

Conrarily, your jabs at Gronk seem rather... childish and petulant.

Just waiting for some to suggest that little Gronk is only on the psquad as a favor to the Gronks..

Just waiting for some to suggest that little Gronk is only on the psquad as a favor to the Gronks..

Oh it's coming because litle Gronk just got released yesterday. I'm sure someone will read into it as a "f**k you" to Team Gronk

Agreed.

When Brady gets hurt, you don't hear a peep.

When Gronk has a papercut, its on CNN, Fox News, ABC, Lifetime, BET and PBS.

TBH, I do blame Gronk for this. He needs to tell "Team Gronk" to stop leaking his side of the story and work with the team to collaborate better on how to message his medical issues to his fans and sponsors. These leaks to the Buffalo Town Crier just puts the team and Gronk in a bad spot and needing to go into PR damage control is a waste of time and totally preventable.

You would think by now they have learned. Just amateur hour stuff.
he's got to put it out there so all his hoes know he speaking true to them.

Oh it's coming because litle Gronk just got released yesterday. I'm sure someone will read into it as a "f**k you" to Team Gronk

And got resigned to PS today. "Must be an apology from the team to the Gronks"

"Gronkowski family"

Not to hold anything against Gronk, but would have to agree if true. Still, there are people out their using family members as publicists, managers, etc. to positive effect, and this might be nothing more than some semblance of that.

What is 'internal huddling'? They made an announcement. Big deal.
If Carucci is right and he was injured in the Seattle game, and aggravated it last week, what is the issue? He was cleared to play and chose to play.
Its the NFL players get injured. Its the Patriots, injuries don't get explained in detail, so after the fact things come out.
Nothing to see here.

If you don't think Stacy James got together with BB and members of the training and medical staff to craft that presser you are kidding yourself.

I'm sure it was something BB was looking forward to collaborating on after Team Gronk leaked his medical concerns to Carucci.

I could care less about the presser also but just because I don't care, doesn't mean I'm not to acknowledge that this kind of PR spin control regarding medical status and injuries for Gronk does not exist.

Team Gronk which could certainly include Rosenhaus, Goon or his best friend from high school.

If you don't think Stacy James got together with BB and members of the training and medical staff to craft that presser you are kidding yourself.
OK, you know everything that happened. :rolleyes:
But who cares? NFL teams have PR staffs and medical staffs who do their jobs.
You act like they took a day off football to have a series of 3 hour long meetings struggling over how to say player got hurt, player having surgery we hope for the best.

I'm sure it was something BB was looking forward to collaborating on after Team Gronk leaked his medical concerns to Carucci.
I'm sure BB doesn't give a crap. This team gronk stuff of yours is childish. It amazes me how we have one of the best players the NFL has seen in years, and guys like you run around like a 7 year old trying to find a way to knock him.
I guess we should not let players on our team if they have a brother who is friends with a sportswriter, because MY GOD we may have to write a press release. Then whatever will we do?

I could care less about the presser also but just because I don't care, doesn't mean I'm not to acknowledge that this kind of PR spin control regarding medical status and injuries for Gronk does not exist.
It is completely and entirely irrelevant. There is zero reason to care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes