PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk needs an off-season chaperone

Status
Not open for further replies.
23 year old "Fricken Vikings" don't snap bones blocking at the line on a "fricken kick". (pssst, overuse of 'roids can cause bones to become brittle, just sayin')
Mr. Physical Specimen can't stay on the field during the most important time of the year.
Not some joe schmoe is making 50 million dollars from the NE Patriots and is currently under medical supervision by his 50 million dollar employer for his TWICE BROKEN ARM left arm. You know, that same arm that was in the black cast he was wrestling with on stage in Vegas. Schmoe also has a history of back surgery. Only a matter of time before that flares up.
Along with the beers and those "protein shakes" of his perhaps Gronk also needs to stop making a fool of himself and actually become a man and a professional.
Sorry but Gronk's inability to stay on the field has cost this team championship hardware.
I don't find Gronk's personna cute and cuddly at this point. The novelty of Gronk is OVER. He's showing himself to be quite immature and an outright moron who's heading in one of two career directions. Meet the next Kellen Winslow or a future spokesman for Planet Fitness.

screaming-baby-2.jpg

"In the video posted on TMZ.com, Gronkowski is shown slamming one of his acquaintances to the ground in a WWE-like wresting move, which causes his broken left forearm, which is still wrapped in a cast, to bounce off the stage."

Except that you can't actually SEE it bounce off the stage in the video.

We'll never know, but I cannot believe that someone on the coaching staff wasn't on the phone to Gronk suggesting that he knock it off. I doubt it would be BB making that call, however.

Personally I think it's got to come from his peers. You just wonder if there are enough tough love leaders on that team. In the good old days a Willie or a Kevin would be telling this kid to get his act together.

IC, you possess the same level of maturity (and intellect??) as Gronk. :D

I couldn't come up with anything to say and that's only picture that seemed to work with your incredibly stupid points.

kudos to gronk for enjoying life

Personally I think it's got to come from his peers. You just wonder if there are enough tough love leaders on that team. In the good old days a Willie or a Kevin would be telling this kid to get his act together.

Gronk grew up grappling with and fighting with his brothers. This is what he is. MAD DOG He plays like this and lives like this. We're lucky to have him and I doubt there is a fan base in the league that wouldn't welcome him with open arms on their team exactly as he is.

Gronk grew up grappling with and fighting with his brothers. This is what he is. MAD DOG He plays like this and lives like this. We're lucky to have him and I doubt there is a fan base in the league that wouldn't welcome him with open arms on their team exactly as he is.

Amen! There would be 31 other teams killing each other for the chance to sign this beast.

We must learn to embrace the Gronk. Hes more like a mythical creature than a human being, and hes on our team!

I suggest you go back and look because the LEFT ARM disappears behind people, you can't see what it does. So you have no idea if he landed hard on his arm or if it was just TMZ sensationalizing a piece. I mean, they NEVER do that and they ALWAYS tell it like it is... :rolleyes:

BTW, that wasn't a body slam. That move is a DDT. Huge difference between the two. Do yourself (and everyone else) a favor and stop with the tabloid nonsense.

The only evidence that I see mounting is that you are the Gossip queen of this board. You are so quick to damn other people, yet your **** stinks just as much as everyone elses.. If not more...

You're not only blind, you're willfully ignorant. Never mind that this piece of "gossip" regarding Gronk led Patriots news today on CSN, and also was on 98.5-FM and NFLN. But being an info-averse ostrich you wouldn't know any of that now, would you? That's not my shyte you're smellin' there, it's your quivering upper lip. Take a running jump. (Or a waddling jump, as you're among the horizontally challenged.)

Tom E Curran made a really good point tonight on CSN. Potential NFL great Gronk always seems to have these behavioral problems when he's hanging with his "NFL scrub" brothers. Curran's point is that Gronk is in a different stratosphere talent wise and $$ wise from his bros and needs to elevate the type of crowd he hangs with rather than being constantly brought down to the mindless knucklehead orbit his brothers reside in.

Tom E Curran made a really good point tonight on CSN. Potential NFL great Gronk always seems to have these behavioral problems when he's hanging with his "NFL scrub" brothers. Curran's point is that Gronk is in a different stratosphere talent wise and $$ wise from his bros and needs to elevate the type of crowd he hangs with rather than being constantly brought down to the mindless knucklehead orbit his brothers reside in.

I don't think it's any kind of behavioral problem. It's just Gronk being Gronk. He's doing what he loves. You need to get a Gronktionary and understand where he's coming from.

True. I think an even bigger issue they broached is that he's now a four-year veteran and, like it or not, will be looked upon to provide leadership.

so dumping your friends because you got paid and are famous is a really good point?

this world is much worse off than I thought......if you truly believe this is a good point, then you're a bad person

unfortunately gronk's brothers, friends, or people of lesser means aren't the problem. The problem is with gronk himself.

He's an amazing talent. But its also obvious that he's got plenty of room for improvement.

The bruins benched Seguin last year because he was late to a meeting and there were rumors that he was partying too much and needed to be talked to.

It's pretty easy for an athlete to get sidetracked.

Just like last year when he was jumping up and down on the leg that he injured. Just really not a good thing to do.

Plus if you want to stay in peak physical shape, drinking alot of alcohol doesn't help out with that.

But some of the homers on this board won't see any problems with his actions until he gets in physical or legal trouble, then will all of a sudden turn on him and act like he's the worst human possible.

The truth is in the middle -- he seems like a good guy overall; but could use some guidance or parental oversight

hello.....the season is OVER

was gronk ever late for a meeting
has gronk ever done anything 'wrong' when there was a game that needed to be played?

gronk-5s-1-20-13.gif

maybe he got some talking to by the owner.......maybe they don't care because its the offseason

for those who simply don't like how it looks, tough crap......you're spoiled.....go watch brady be pensive over his most recent loss while he rolls around on a beach in brazil....to each, his own

968a21_ltpgronk20111117.jpg

you guys just don't like that he is having too much fun

0112rob-gronkowski.jpeg

he's a big kid who having fun being one of the best......there's not one shred of evidence that he's ever done anything off the field that hurt him on the field

again....some of you are either ridiculously spoiled or really really old nags

unfortunately gronk's brothers, friends, or people of lesser means aren't the problem. The problem is with gronk himself.

He's an amazing talent. But its also obvious that he's got plenty of room for improvement.

The bruins benched Seguin last year because he was late to a meeting and there were rumors that he was partying too much and needed to be talked to.

It's pretty easy for an athlete to get sidetracked.

Just like last year when he was jumping up and down on the leg that he injured. Just really not a good thing to do.

Plus if you want to stay in peak physical shape, drinking alot of alcohol doesn't help out with that.

But some of the homers on this board won't see any problems with his actions until he gets in physical or legal trouble, then will all of a sudden turn on him and act like he's the worst human possible.

The truth is in the middle -- he seems like a good guy overall; but could use some guidance or parental oversight

Listen im sick of Gronk. Is this gonna be another year we hear his name more in the offseason then during the season? See the things you people are saying "oh he is young let him have fun" and more garbage is not true. Now see i can go out run around all ****ed with my shirt off cause there aint no billionaire company investing in me(but i wouldnt cause im a fattie). While this bag of tools is getting all boozed up and wrestling with a broken arm you got Ahern who is actually trying to get better. I would love to see them trade this overrated pos or maybe switch contracts with Ahern. Cause one of them deserve the big money and its not the one who got it imo.

yeah, but he knows where to look

RobGronkowski-dllp-570x.jpg

Listen im sick of Gronk. Is this gonna be another year we hear his name more in the offseason then during the season? See the things you people are saying "oh he is young let him have fun" and more garbage is not true. Now see i can go out run around all ****ed with my shirt off cause there aint no billionaire company investing in me(but i wouldnt cause im a fattie). While this bag of tools is getting all boozed up and wrestling with a broken arm you got Ahern who is actually trying to get better. I would love to see them trade this overrated pos or maybe switch contracts with Ahern. Cause one of them deserve the big money and its not the one who got it imo.

Moronic post at best

I thought the whole wrestling move flip was clearly wrong.

But on all the other stuff he does.....I'm fine with him.

I'm tired of a team full of robots. We have room for Gronk.

Per Forbes: Gronk is the 6th most liked player in the NFL, and he's in with some pretty good company and surrounded by HOF'ers

http://www.csnne.com/football-new-england-patriots/patriots-talk/Survey-Gronk-is-the-sixth-most-liked-pla?blockID=829437&feedID=3946

not bad considering the rest of the country hates the pats.....

besides, who's going to tell him to knock it off, Brady? Gronk will do to him what he does with his brothers.....Mankins?

img17112032.jpg

too late, they're pals

oh, and by the way........he's mr. hyde when the pads go on......go ahead.....google gronk images.....he's everything and then some when his pads are on.......you don't see any goofy smiles then.

you dopes need to cut him some slack......I am sure 31 other teams would not hesitate to pay him more than he is getting now

mp09pats1.r.jpg

Some are conflating the party hearty issue with the player safety issue. I for one and I think most here agree that it matters not to us how he parties. Just concerned about alleged slamming of the arm while partying.

I was a very different person than Gronk at age 23 but I get a smile on my face hearing about his antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes