PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gosselin Mock #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the pass rushers go right after. :scream: That would be classic!

Last edited:
Just to remind everyone:

Mock #1 is based on his own draft board (top 32). Mock #2 is based on team needs. His final mock #3 is based who he thinks each team will actually select.

Just to remind everyone:

Mock #1 is based on his own draft board (top 32). Mock #2 is based on team needs. His final mock #3 is based who he thinks each team will actually select.

But when has tight endzzz become our biggest need? I don't remember any tight end putting up decent sack numbers :)

I assume it's because we have absolutely no-one except Crumpler at TE, whereas we have Tully and Adalius Thomas (technically) at OLB.

Bring on the next mock anyway.

But when has tight endzzz become our biggest need? I don't remember any tight end putting up decent sack numbers :)

Or decent reception #'s/yards. Dez Bryant slipping to the Cowboys would make Jerry Jones very happy. Gosselin is on record saying Jones is prepared to trade into the 10-15 range to get him. I can't see the Pats passing him up; he's a top 5 pick (according to Gosselin), doesn't drink, party or do drugs. Never been arrested, has no character flaws unless immaturity is considered as such. Some say he is a mental midget but he is a beast on field and lives to play football. This kid is a player...watch some tape on him and you will be very impressed.

His assessment of need is more questionable than his assessment of value. His first two mocks are a waste of time. If Shannahan drafts Clausen with #4 he not only wasted that #2 he will have one pissed off and two beat up starting QB's on his roster by the end of this season. His OL needs a substantial infusion of talent capable of zone blocking. While he could pick up some help in the later rounds, he isn't going to find his LT there. Washington waits from #4 to 103 before it picks again. He either goes LT there or he trades down in hopes of bridging that gap.

KC has needs across the board and with Cassel signed to a long term deal and Croyle still on the roster how kneejerk is it to even propose that because Charlie is onboard they may contemplate taking Clausen at #5?

I've noticed a welcome trend this week at least. Hype induced Tebow fever seems to have broken as the rubber meets the road.

Your premise is incorrect. The first round is not for the teams biggest need unless that player really worth it. The first is to acquire the best player at any position that also fills a need. That may sound counter intuitive but it works. What if a teams biggest need is at QB and the best available are Brady Quinn and JaMarcus Russell? Sometimes the teams biggest need aligns with a player that fills it in the first. Such as 2004 with Wilfork. I don't think that is the case this year. Ndamukong Suh would be the best player for us overall. Then Derrick Morgan would be next. It seems they are both out of reach. Well who's next? Jermaine Gresham and Jared Odrick are. I do not expect Bill to draft Brandon Graham, Jerry Hughes or Sergio Kindle. The only TE that is close to the talent of Gresham is Gronkowski, but Gronk has the more serious injury concerns.

Kyle Wilson to the Raiders? Greasy Al loves his CBs so it could happen. Ugh. I would prefer it Al drafts Dez Bryant; a perfect match and it would prevent yet another CB going into the Oakland black hole.

And I agree that Clausen to the 'Skins is ridiculous.

As far as Sam Bradford; I never seen a QB with such an undeveloped body; he has the muscle tone of say Bill Gates. He is an injury waiting to happen. The Rams would be nutz to draft him but they probably will draft him.

Ndamukong Suh would be the best player for us overall. Then Derrick Morgan would be next. It seems they are both out of reach. Well who's next? Jermaine Gresham and Jared Odrick are.

If I am BB,I have Suh at the top of the draft board.
McClain and Morgan have to be high up there as well.

When it comes to#22, Mt. Cody and Dunlap will probably be on the board as well as the others you mentioned.

From the Herald today

For the 6-foot-6 Gresham, the fact that a knee injury robbed him of his senior year limits the evaluation. He wasn’t a stout blocker in 2008, but has he improved?

Arizona’s Rob Gronkowski is a 6-5 tough guy who has the tools to block. But he played just two years, missing his junior (and final) season with back issues. Perhaps that’s why Belichick called attention to the unknowns when he was discussing the draft.

“That’s a little bit unusual to have the number of players that will be first-round players, high second-round players, that were out of football a year ago,” Belichick said. “I think that part of it is a little bit unusual. What jumps are (they) going to make (compared to) players that had the extra year?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back