PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell says the NFL is considering London Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's such a dork.

But all the tickets go to league, network, and sponsor insiders anyway
... to be re-sold to gullible fans on e-Bay with no capital gains tax paid.
Given this ...
aside from the start time, which like overseas Olympics, can flex to suit USA tv ...
who cares ?

A roundtrip flight from Boston to London costs about $550 per person, while a roundtrip from Boston to Phoenix costs around $400 according to a quick search on Travelocity. The exchange rate is terrible, and food, hotels, you name it, it's more expensive in England than it is here. I don't think many real fans would travel across the ocean just for a football game, rather it would be mostly corporate types who would make the trip.

Last edited:
A roundtrip flight from Boston to London costs about $550 per person, while a roundtrip from Boston to Phoenix costs around $400 according to a quick search on Travelocity. The exchange rate is terrible, and food, hotels, you name it, it's more expensive in England than it is here. I don't think many real fans would travel across the ocean just for a football game. It would be most corporate types and British and Irish fans.

1$=2pounds right now. And London is the most expensive city in the world.

There's such a simple solution to this crap.

Have the useless pro bowl in a different foreign city every year.

The players get the European vacation for the wife and I really don't think the people in Albania are going to know the difference in the quality of football.

They'll never do it, it makes too much sense.:mad:

great idea, just forget about europe and asia, its the dead of winter.
players will stay away in droves.

that leaves the medeterrainian, australia, africa and south america. take your pick.

maybe they could try it in bagdad or tehran. Nah too many injuries.

Every Super Bowl overseas is one less Super Bowl in New Orleans...helping that city and its people recover from a terrible disaster. How does London sound now?

great idea, just forget about europe and asia, its the dead of winter.
players will stay away in droves.

that leaves the medeterrainian, australia, africa and south america. take your pick.

maybe they could try it in bagdad or tehran. Nah too many injuries.

Well, yeah.

But i think RayClay is onto something.
Just needs some tweaking.

Every Super Bowl overseas is one less Super Bowl in New Orleans...helping that city and its people recover from a terrible disaster. How does London sound now?

excellent point...help the citizens of america even though americans are greedy by nature

absolutely right.
they ought to park the super bowl in new orleans permanently.

Is this designed to make sure no actual fans get to attend the Superbowl?

Or to make sure that no team (or city) that spent hundreds of millions to build a great new stadium gets rewarded with the big game?

Or to discourage the hordes of media that usually descend from every market to turn the entire Superbowl week into a vast NFL theme week, cementing the game's reputation as THE sporting event of the year?

What a crappy idea.

The days of having Super Bowls in New Orleans are over until they actually build a new facility there. SB36 was the last SB played in NO and there are none on the horizon all the way up to SB45. So that's at least a 10 year break, which has never before happened.

absolutely right.
they ought to park the super bowl in new orleans permanently.

Unfortunately I don't think the league suits want SB's to be hosted by older stadiums anymore (even though the Superdome got refurbished a year and a half ago).

Unfortunately I don't think the league suits want SB's to be hosted by older stadiums anymore (even though the Superdome got refurbished a year and a half ago).

true, but any pats fan will confirm that the big easy kicks the crap out of houston or jacksonville for uh..uhh.....the party

If they ever schedule a Super Bowl outside the United States, I will be seriously reevaluating my committment and interest in following this league. And while London may be closer to Boston than Arizona, it is still a safe bet to predict that, in all likelihood, a London Super Bowl will result in at least one team (if not both teams) having to do excessive travel.

I think Indianapolis deserves to host a Super Bowl. They have a great new stadium opening up next year, barely lost out to Dallas for SB45 and it is a great city to visit.

I don't really see the point...they're 6 hours ahead, and I'm from England lol. I realize this is to expand ratings, but until there is some genuine interest from them in the games they already have access to it doesn't make sense to force it on them at the expense of American fans.

Nine hours ahead of the west coast?? What time do you start the game, 3am in England???? With sponsors paying millions for 30 ads, do you really think they'd want to harm their audience.
In addition, the gate from the Super Bowl is about $40 million ( 65,000 at $600 a ticket face value. Do they really think they'd get that in Jolly ole England???
Absolutely horrible idea....

I'm sure Goodell and Mangina will become fast friends in the unemployment line in the not too distant future.

A superbowl in London, what a stupid ******* idea. I wonder how many times England thought about having a championship game for an all english sport in America. Oh wait, thats NEVER.

I think Goodell should consider alternative neutral sites for the Super Bowl. I suggest Iraq, Chile, or Antarctica.

(A). Iraq. This would bring much-needed revenue to a poverty stricken, war-ravaged country. It would be a great morale-booster for our troops, and the NFL would save a small fortune in security costs because there would be no way you could keep out all the terrorists.

(B). Chile. Labor for concessions, etc., would be very cheap, and this would be a good location from which to draw Latino interest from throughout South America.

(C). Antarctica. Built-in audience with millions of penguins. They wait in line patiently, no need for crowd control.

Last edited:
first he disbans NFL Europe, and then wants a sb oversees,
wut an idiot of a commisioner, i do hope he was joking

I think Indianapolis deserves to host a Super Bowl. They have a great new stadium opening up next year, barely lost out to Dallas for SB45 and it is a great city to visit.

:rofl: That is hilarious! Love the sarcasm!

You are being sarcastic, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes