PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell says the NFL is considering London Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl: That is hilarious! Love the sarcasm!

You are being sarcastic, right?

He was serious, but forgot to type "in May and July for racing fans". An honest mistake since it could be reasonably assumed that everyone knows that Indianapolis is a waste of space outside the speedway on race day.

:rofl: That is hilarious! Love the sarcasm!

You are being sarcastic, right?
No, I am not. Have you ever actually been there..? I do a lot of travelling and Indianapolis is consistently one of the best. The biggest drawback to Indy is actually getting there. Very few direct flights to Indy from major metropolitan areas outside Chicago. And don't get me wrong, that's a major drawback.

But once you're actually there, I have found it to be an easy city to get around in, clean, plenty of cabs when needed, plenty of parking spaces when needed, not ridiculously expensive, many of the biggest attractions within walking distance (with plenty of hotels), and overall the people are very welcoming to out-of-towners.

Last edited:
No, I am not. Have you ever actually been there..? I do a lot of travelling and Indianapolis is consistently one of the best. The biggest drawback to Indy is actually getting there. Very few direct flights from major metropolitan areas outside Chicago. And don't get me wrong, that's a major drawback.

But once you're actually there, I have found it to be an easy city to get around in, clean, plenty of cabs when needed, plenty of parking spaces when needed, not ridiculously expensive, many of the biggest attractions within walking distance, and overall the people are very welcoming to out-of-towners.

So what you're saying is, no one goes there. Sounds great.

I'll meet you at the Applebee's right across from the TGIFriday's. :D

Goodell would be that stupid to seriously consider it.
This guy is going to tear apart the league in short time, based on his short tenure the guy lacks judgement and has a power high.

thats quite allrit, i had rather the Sb be held at a stadium of a team that sucks...really

So what you're saying is, no one goes there. Sounds great.
No, I haven't said that. I did, however, ask you if you had ever been there and you ignored that question. Hopefully you aren't one of those people that bash the idea of visiting a city you've never been to. So please... tell us all when you went there and what happened during your visit that made it so unpleasant.

Last edited:
No, I haven't said that. I did, however, ask you if you had ever been there and you ignored that question. Hopefully you aren't one of those people that bash the idea of visiting a city you've never been to. So please... tell us all when you went there and what happened during your visit that made it so unpleasant.

It wasn't a matter of being unpleasant as much as being forgettable in every way. I'm not denying what you said before about it being "nice," but Indy has little history, culture or night life to speak of. It's kind of like St. Louis without the jazz, the arch or the baseball team.

so, go ahead, have the SB in Indy. I'm sure February is a ton of fun there.

I think Indianapolis deserves to host a Super Bowl. They have a great new stadium opening up next year, barely lost out to Dallas for SB45 and it is a great city to visit.

The only thing more ridiculous than Goodell's stupid idea of moving a Superbowl overseas is this comment.

Great city to visit?

New Orleans is a great city to visit
Boston is a great city to visit
LA is a great city to visit

Indy is a toilet full of toothless hillbillies wearing Peyton Manning half shirts.

You were kidding right?

But once you're actually there, I have found it to be an easy city to get around in, clean, plenty of cabs when needed, plenty of parking spaces when needed, not ridiculously expensive, many of the biggest attractions within walking distance (with plenty of hotels), and overall the people are very welcoming to out-of-towners.

Attractions?

What exactly is an attraction in Indy? The local dentist?

Every Super Bowl overseas is one less Super Bowl in New Orleans...helping that city and its people recover from a terrible disaster. How does London sound now?

You got right!!!!Let help AMERICANS this is an AMERICAN past time....Don't they have a football leauge there?????

Why don't we move the White House while we're at it. ************, it's OUR sport it should be played in OUR country - is that too much to ask ?
Badell SUCKS.

No thanks. We have enough American tourists as it is. :D

I agree that it is a bloody stupid idea. Goodell is out of his mind.

I'm not opposed to an NFL franchise in the future, if logistics permit, as there are enough fans to support a franchise (IMO)

RayClay had the best idea.

Use the Pro Bowl as a travelling circus.

It has mostly lost its appeal to US fans. Europeans generally don't follow a particular team (or the league at all), but they may be very interested in seeing an all-star game of names they've heard of. It would be like any other spectacle in drawing attraction. Getting to see a team full of stars might create more interest in actually following/learning the game than NFL Europe or mostly anonymous SB teams did/would.

i.e: David Beckham has increased ticket purchases in the US all by his handsome little lonesome.

Last edited:
not a bad idea...

This is a brutal idea. I am a canuck and I don't want it up here, even though I want it up here...:)

The NFL is an American sport, and the Superbowl is an American Day, in my eyes. It is almost like a pseudo holiday really, even though it is on a Sunday. Leave it there for the fans.....this London idea is a dumb one
I have no problem with expansion in to Canada, all the other major sports have Canadian teams, why shouldn't the NFL? Plus you know the NFLPA would be all over it now that Canadian Dollars are worth more than Yankee dollars. :D

Goodell, what an effing idiot.
He'll kill the game

Is he on crack? Does he think anybody in England gives a shyt about American football? Does he think anybody in America gives a shyt about England, in general, let alone wanting to watch an American game be played there.

Worst idea ever.

I hope I'm missing the sarcasm and attempt at humor.
We have several fans from the UK who post here regularly and add value to the forum.

Don't feed the 'Ugly American' know nothing stereotype.

Of course if you know any Brit-bashin' jokes, I'm all for it! :)

Last edited:
So let me get this straight...the US is in it's worst economic slump ever, and we're going to take the one-day event which is probably the largest single economic boost of the year, and re-locate it so a foreign country can reap the benefits.

So who wins? The NFL, the owners, possibly the TV networks. Who loses? The fans and an entire region's worth of hoteliers, restauranteurs, rental car companies, taxi drivers, waitresses, bartenders, souveneir shops, etc.

Are we sure the White House isn't involved in this decision?

Congress needs to play their usual "pull this sh!t and we'll pull your anti-trust exemption" card.

Seems like this would be a slap in the face to all these football fans doling out all this disposable income. But at this point, the NFL could probably get away with it. In the end, if the two team race keeps up, this product will become a little less desireable, and ratings will drop.

Hello NASCAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back