PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Finding a gem in the WR free agency list (more realistic options)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Them signing Hartline and Gibson would be imo the ideal signings at WR.

Gibson, while he hasn't put up huge numbers, he has been consistent with Bradford as his QB. McDaniels has a season of familiarity with him. He may not be that field stretching threat but he seems to be a guy that could fit into that go up and get it physical receiver category.

I am with you on this one, Endleman and Welker walk, one due to money, the other his inability to stay on the field.

This will give the Pats three proven Nfl Wideouts, with two of them being 26 YO.

How about Mohammed Massaquoi. The guy was a 2nd round pick in 2009. Had a good rookie year, but his play has slowly decreased since. He's 6'2, so he has decent size as well. What QB's has he had in Cleveland, McCoy? I'd say he'd at least be worth giving a shot at camp.

Lord no. Massaquoi is terrible.

Ted Ginn Jr?

5'11, runs a 4.28 but hasn't worked out in the SF offense and is rumored to be looking to go elsewhere. Hands aren't amazing, but it's hard to say since he never got a consistent starter role anywhere.

Ted Ginn Jr?

.... he never got a consistent starter role anywhere.

Miami tried to make him a starter. He lacked the football IQ to even line up in the right spots, as I recall. And that was with the relatively thin Miami playbook.

If you want a return guy besides Demps, fine. But he is not a WR.

Ted Ginn Jr?

5'11, runs a 4.28 but hasn't worked out in the SF offense and is rumored to be looking to go elsewhere. Hands aren't amazing, but it's hard to say since he never got a consistent starter role anywhere.

The guy has averaged 340 yards receiving/season since he's been in the league. A receiving target he is not.

I wouldn't oppose him as a return man, but I suppose we've already got that in Demps.

Strike one name off the list: the Rams have claimed Titus Young off waivers according to Jason LaCanfora on Twitter.

Strike one name off the list: the Rams have claimed Titus Young off waivers according to Jason LaCanfora on Twitter.

That'll please a bunch of people here. I wonder how many teams put in a claim for him.

Ted Ginn Jr?

He's also as soft as cake. If people berated Lloyd for being afraid of contact, I would relish the opportunity to see this board's opinion on Ginn as a receiver halfway through the season.

I wonder if Andre Holmes from the practice squad is a prospect?
He set all kinds of records at Hillsdale and had a personal workout
with the Patriots before the 2011 draft.

That'll please a bunch of people here. I wonder how many teams put in a claim for him.
Reportedly just the one. Can't say I'm surprised.

i think hartline is the best option i dont know anything about this gibson guy but if he played in Mcdaniels offense before i cant see him being a bad option

I am with you on this one, Endleman and Welker walk, one due to money, the other his inability to stay on the field.

This will give the Pats three proven Nfl Wideouts, with two of them being 26 YO.

There should be enough room for all of Hartline, Gibson & Edelman if Welker isn't re-signed.
Add a high-round pick & a UDFA or two, and we might have something.

There should be enough room for all of Hartline, Gibson & Edelman if Welker isn't re-signed.

Welker alone is better than all 3 combined, so who cares?

Add a high-round pick & a UDFA or two, and we might have something.

1st round safety
2nd round trade up for WR

That's my mantra leading up to the draft.

But Welker might cost almost twice as much as the aforementioned 3.

Brady/Welker has been a team since 2007. That's 6 seasons.

2007 - SB
2008 - Brady gone, no playoffs
2009 - Welker gone, blowout
2010 - Blown game to Jets
2011 - SB
2012 - AFCCG

So, in the 4 "healthy" years, they've gotten to 2 Super Bowls and been within 3 minutes or so of winning each one despite major injury issues, gotten to 3 AFC title games, had an undefeated regular season and gone 14-2 in their only truly 'bad' playoff year.

Anyone who wants to break that up should be drug tested.

Just a followup on my last post:

This team is still trying to replace Samuel and Seymour. I'd rather not have to add Welker to the list.

You're not getting Hartline for less than 5m per year. Miami has 2x as much cap space as us. Why would they let us outbid them? Also, he's from Ohio. Cleveland and Cincy have 2x the cap space we do. Not saying we can't get him. But, he ain't coming cheap. Once you get over 5m. He isn't worth it IMO.

Shouldnt be to hard replacing a system WR. Rather have someone in here who can make the big catch than someone who just likes padding stats in the reg season and chokes in big games.

Per @adamshefter Kids were spotted running to wes welker trying to buy his butterfingers. #cantbelieveitsnotbutter #getmeawrwhocanstretchthefield

Thanks for stating why we shouldnt keep Welker we cant win the big game with him. Its superbowl or bust for us die hard pats fans. Give me a David Given type guy over welker anyday. If anyone doesnt agree they need to be drug tested. If Wes wasnt a system WR why didnt he put up huge numbers in miami?

Per @adamschefter Wes was seen with tape around his gloves while walking the streets of New York. When asked why he replied cause they keep slipping off. #cousinofmargarine

Your posts on Welker are getting more ignorant every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back