PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final round of roster cuts for Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outplayed Tre Jackson IMO. On pulls, especially, Mason was very good.

Get Mason moving and he'll be a star. How much our blocking scheme enables us to maximise that is something I'm not qualified to comment on.

Jackson is pro ready (just like Stork) and will look a lot better playing along side Stork and Vollmer consistently. Mason, while a very good run blocker needs work in pass protection. But he does have the potential to be a good guard if he can be even a solid pass protector.

IMO Jackson will be the better player this year, but Mason will be a much better player in 2 years.

Jackson hasn't really blown me away, he's looked serviceable but not great. Have to remember he's still a rookie though. On the other hand, Mason has had crappy plays and then flashes total brilliance on other plays.
That is because he has the physical tools to play the position he just needs to catch up mentally. I think Jackson will impress people once he has a solid supporting cast around him. Which he will. I am excited to see what they have. Trust me, in this division they know what they are up against. They will be ready to roll!

Well, it looks like we have one unanticipated rookie sticking (for the time being) in Andrews. They must see something in him.

Yeah, Supafly and I discussed him and I felt he had a good chance of making it. Supa thought he would end up on the PS if he could clear waivers. I definitely saw the merit in what Supafly was saying at the time (very intelligent poster on the board), but I just continued to have a feeling about the kid. I've liked everything I have read about him to this point. He is my version of Malcolm Butler this years, though obvious a vastly different role on the team. I think we can develop him into something because he has a very good work ethic by all accounts. Plus, I really didn't think he would clear waivers.

Very very disappointed if true. Andrews sucks. If it weren't for Chris Martin, Andrews would've been the worst OLman playing in the pre-season. He's small, not just short like Shaq Mason is, but weak-ass unlike Mason. AFCE DTs will eat him for Sunday brunch if he ever sees the field.
He can have all the "work ethic" in the world, but if he doesn't have size, strength & athleticism then it all
doesn't mean jack squat.
And he would've cleared waivers, easily, because the other 31 know that he's just a PS stiff and that's all he'll ever be.

Very very disappointed if true. Andrews sucks. If it weren't for Chris Martin, Andrews would've been the worst OLman playing in the pre-season. He's small, not just short like Shaq Mason is, but weak-ass unlike Mason. AFCE DTs will eat him for Sunday brunch if he ever sees the field.
He can have all the "work ethic" in the world, but if he doesn't have size, strength & athleticism then it all
doesn't mean jack squat.
And he would've cleared waivers, easily, because the other 31 know that he's just a PS stiff and that's all he'll ever be.
Hey Captain. I respect your opinion. I'm just wondering if all that is true, then how is he surviving cuts (for now anyway)? I know Devey made it last season and all, but we have some pressing positions that, to me, outweigh OL this season. He'd be a waste of a roster spot if he's as bad as you say. And again, I do respect your opinion for sure.

My only disappointment so far this weekend is Morris.
I kind of knew he wouldn't stick, but I agree. I liked his play in the preseason. But, as BB said, some guys are just going to get cut. It's tough but you only have 53 spots to work with. I hope that proposal for a few more roster spots is something that gets revisited.

We've seen dozen's of projected rosters over the last 2 months. I'm wondering if anyone would do us the favor and jot down what the actually "final" 53 will look like for this first week.

Watching Thursday night's game right now.

I hope Rufus Johnson sticks. He'll be a good NFL DE here or somewhere else.

I've liked Tavon Wilson this summer - I think he beats out Ebner, if one must go.

McClain didn't help himself much this week.

I would be somewhat surprised if they didn't make room for Rufus, but of course anything can happen. I also liked seeing James White at KR, I think he could be good in that role with his great open-field vision.

Do you think Jalen Saunders will make it? Or will Harper be our return man?

I would be somewhat surprised if they didn't make room for Rufus, but of course anything can happen. I also liked seeing James White at KR, I think he could be good in that role with his great open-field vision.

Didn't even think of that. White could be kept if for nothing else as a returner.

The only battle I'm certain of today is that Wilson beat out Ebner. He's made plays during the preseason and offers value as an emergency safety/dime LB over Ebner.

My "easy" cuts:

Cadet
Saunders
Cleveland
King
Ebner
****son
Moore

Final five roster spot battles:

1. Dobson vs. Harper (Likely Harper vs. himself. Dobson most likely safe)
2. Two of: Ryan vs. McClain vs. Swanson vs. Coleman
3. Hooman vs. Michael Williams
4. Fleming vs. E. Martin
5. Andrews vs. Kline

If we go light at LB with four, Harper is my 53rd player as our 6th WR.

Rufus seems like a no brainer as our 10th DL. I'll be upset if he doesn't make it. I don't view him as a bubble because he's a better player than the names above.

Didn't even think of that. White could be kept if for nothing else as a returner.
Yeah, I saw him returning a kickoff while rewatching the fourth preseason game this morning. I think he could be very solid in that role.

Justin Coleman, the CB we just signed, is listed as cut from the Pats on nfl.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back