PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final round of roster cuts for Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyedNESN 2m2 minutes ago
Reggie Wayne, Jonas Gray, Brandon LaFell and Robert McClain not at practice.

McClain and LaFell are for obvious reasons, Wayne, while I think he could be productive here, might not be ready yet. Cut him and have him keep his playbook, return in a week or two.

Gray, that'd be shocking, he's slated to be the starter week 1.

Branch also made some really stupid ones for a vet.

Everyone talks about how we "need" Branch because he's fat.

Well, guess what, he simply seems fat, he's not good, he hasn't anchored well this PS, he came in our of shape. He's literally just a body, theres no drop off from 4 to 3 DTs because one of them doesn't provide anything.

Siliga backs up Brown and the DE's backup Easley.

With Blount suspended for game 1, why would they cut Jonas Gray, his only viable replacement?

@DougKyedNESN: A league source tells me the Patriots are calling teams, shopping around for a big-bodied receiver.

Edelman
Lafell
Amendola
*big body trade*
Harper

@DougKyedNESN: A league source tells me the Patriots are calling teams, shopping around for a big-bodied receiver.
Not sure I buy that. Going to be incredibly hard for anyone to come in here now and get much snaps on offense. Hell it's a big task for Wayne and he's a longterm vet of a complicated offense.

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 1m1 minute ago
People will freak if Wayne is cut, but it's all about him not being for Week One and guaranteeing his contract.
Eh, people talk about this every year and it never seems to actually happen. It's not as big of deal as some seem to think. I can't really recall us doing this, maybe once. I mean it sounds like a great idea in theory but it just doesn't usually unfold this way for whatever reason.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 28s28 seconds ago
Reggie Wayne got a $450,000 signing bonus less than two weeks ago. No way he'd get cut today. It would be a complete shocker.

I think I've got this right, but if he's on the roster for week one, his salary is guaranteed for the year, if he's re-signed after week one, then his salary is pro-rated as long as he's on the team. If he's a Lafell stopgap, that could represent some savings. Can anyone confirm this?

I think I've got this right, but if he's on the roster for week one, his salary is guaranteed for the year, if he's re-signed after week one, then his salary is pro-rated as long as he's on the team. If he's a Lafell stopgap, that could represent some savings. Can anyone confirm this?

@Miguel

Everyone talks about how we "need" Branch because he's fat.

Well, guess what, he simply seems fat, he's not good, he hasn't anchored well this PS, he came in our of shape. He's literally just a body, theres no drop off from 4 to 3 DTs because one of them doesn't provide anything.

Siliga backs up Brown and the DE's backup Easley.

Zach Moore has been playing inside at DT. Looked okay there the other night. lot cheaper than Branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back