PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UPDATES on Butler situation: Butler wants to be "A Patriots for Life" AND "paid like a Top 10 CB"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the hell would Bill do that? They want him, then let them pay him - it will cost them Pick #2 in the draft!
They want him for a reasonable price. If the price is the #2 overall, then they don't want him. See how that works?

Around the league, he's not considered a top 10 or even 20 cb. Hard for the homers here to fathom that.

I can't recall so many teams so flush with cash to spend.
Yeah its weird, because the amount of redonk contracts certainly hasn't gone down. Theres plenty of them every year. Maybe the length/back end of those deals combined with the cap increases has finally created a surplus of unspent money?

Maybe they can take hightower off our hands too if theyre so flush.

LOL yeah, like the 49ers are going to give up the #2 pick in the draft and a big money contract for Butler......

Not a chance.

Last edited:
Never know.
Id rather keep strap but seems that ship may have sailed.
Time to see what Cyrus Jones and Jonathan Jones can do.
And kick the tires on Claiborne or shield

They want him for a reasonable price. If the price is the #2 overall, then they don't want him. See how that works?

Around the league, he's not considered a top 10 or even 20 cb. Hard for the homers here to fathom that.

You're an idiot if you don't think he's in the top 15 at least.

Well they can forget about butler than.

I highly doubt they've ever been interested to begin with.

The only source on this is some unverified sports fan Twitter account. Nothing credible.

Then they don't get him and we keep him at 3.9 million. He's worth that.

And where the hell do you get that he's not a top-20 cornerback? That's silly. BB put him one-on-one with Brown and Butler was right there on every play.

PFF (yeah, I know, but at least they've got some measurements) had him at #2 behind Talib. I don't buy that, but he's in the #10 area, certainly. I've never heard anyone put him out of the top 20.

Si
I highly doubt they've ever been interested to begin with.

The only source on this is some unverified sports fan Twitter account. Nothing credible.

Titans and saints are still the two teams that make sense. In my opinion

Option A. Force him to sign the tender and go from there.

Option B. Extend him with 3.91 this season and upped to 11 per for the next 3.

Option C. Pray someone bites on the restricted tender and pays a high 1st.

In any case, Butler won't be Butler anywhere else as he is here due to 1) coaching and 2) the undervalued safety play that Dmac and Harmon etc provide.

Would love to have strap back hopefully Bill hasnt already moved on.

I actually like the deal Miguel proposed and would like to see it happen.

It's not on the table and you won't see it happen. He takes the tender or finds a deal elsewhere. So his agent is doing the right thing and trying to find a deal elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes