PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UPDATES on Butler situation: Butler wants to be "A Patriots for Life" AND "paid like a Top 10 CB"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This board has gone completely delusional on this topic.

Now Logan Ryan is better than Malcom Butler?

giphy.gif
It really is fascinating.

The team goes a little cold on Malcolm and some fans charge he is a slightly above average CB.

My god.

Between Gilmore, Butler, McCourty and Harmon, the money spent in the secondary for just 4 players would average $36.7M/year, assuming Butler would get a contract that is $10M/per. That's 21% of the cap to 4 guys in the secondary. Would Bill do that?

Good points, but keep in mind that the salary cap is increasing, and teams are expected to have more money to spend.

Just something to consider ;)

I do agree with this, don't like the way Howe reported it as a fact when the likely source has an obvious narrative to drive.

Telling us what Butler's camp is saying is reporting the facts. Howe's not saying their side is correct he's telling us what they're saying. I might not think that something a political figure is saying is factual itself but it is still the media's job to tell me what that leader is saying.

Same thing here. You guys are basically saying that Howe should be vetting what is said before he reports it which makes no sense in this case because the goal is to give us a gauge on how negotiations are going not investigate Team Butler or the Patriots for lying.

Quotation marks exist for a reason.

I wish I was in a position to complain about making 4 million.
just remember, you also need to accept CTE and a shortened life expectancy, plus a lot of pain management and maybe drug addiction because of it, as part of the package, along with the $4mm.

just remember, you also need to accept CTE and a shortened life expectancy, plus a lot of pain management and maybe drug addiction because of it, as part of the package, along with the $4mm.

It would take me somewhere near 40 years to earn the salary Butler's agent is apparently scoffing at next season. I'd seriously consider that 'package', even with the drawbacks :)

Telling us what Butler's camp is saying is reporting the facts.

Did you take that same stance when Chris Mortensen reported what he was told?

I agree with Ken; you need to do more than just parrot what a source told you.

It would take me somewhere near 40 years to earn the salary Butler's agent is apparently scoffing at next season. I'd seriously consider that 'package', even with the drawbacks :)
Respect. That's because it's relative and you're comparing the amount to the money you're capable of making. Butler plays one of the most dangerous sports and his career can be over with one hit... not the same thing at all.

man, was that a great Super Bowl win or what?

has the glow really worn off this fast that the impending sky fall is eliciting a Ty Law Redux?

What Mortensen reported was not only even remotely true, it wasn't even scientifically possible.

Poor comparison.

Wonder if they can score some good CUPCAKES too ?? :O

I do. He was given numbers by the NFL - what was he supposed to do, get in a time machine with a pressure gauge?

It's the lack of retraction that bothers me.

Of course it will take that long to earn that money for you and for all of us. But then comparing ourselves to the only sixty people or so in this country who can do that job is a fallacy.

Why are people bringing up Gilmore's age difference with Butler? He's a whopping 6 months younger than butler.

I make far less than Butler. I would not play. Not worth it to me. I'm a fan, but would never be a player. Risks do not outweigh imo.

It really is fascinating.

The team goes a little cold on Malcolm and some fans charge he is a slightly above average CB.

My god.
I expect people will soon start calling him Malcolm "m'man" Butler.

See, he only has 7 career INTs. And none of them meant anything. So he's not that good.

49ers still have almost $90M in cap space last I saw so having to sign him should be irrelevant to them. High #2 this year and either #3 this year or #2 next year wouldn't be bad - although I think Bill would want more.

49ers still have almost $90M in cap space last I saw so having to sign him should be irrelevant to them. High #2 this year and either #3 this year or #2 next year wouldn't be bad - although I think Bill would want more.

How the F do they still have $90m in cap space left? They will be hard pressed to spend to 89%

Why the hell would Bill do that? They want him, then let them pay him - it will cost them Pick #2 in the draft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3