PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final round of roster cuts for Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a split between the two like the Giants had with Bradshaw and Jacobs back in 2008 I think. Very different styles, wear them down with Blount, let the tired guys try to catch Lewis/White.

The problem with that idea is Blount is the type of RB you run after the DL has been worn down. He doesn't start off a game very well.

Yes! Glad they cut Gray. Never understood the obsession with him.

I wouldn't be glad, he looked like the best runner during the PS, Blount looked awfully slow. Though, I guess to be fair, Blount has ALWAYS looked better the more carries he get, he is a "warm up first" kinda runner. You don't get the chance to do that in PS.

We'll see. Jonas Gray out hurts our week 1 running attack, for sure.

However, if we go light at RB it opens spots for Harper or R.Johnson if the team feels those positions can make a healthier contribution than an extra RB.

It makes a difference if he doesn't last the season.
My point is the $450k is a sunk cost. It's on the cap no matter what. Cutting him creates no extra liability or savings on the bonus. It saves a bit on his salary.

The problem with that idea is Blount is the type of RB you run after the DL has been worn down. He doesn't start off a game very well.

Agree 100%, actually was writing that up in my next post that came just after yours.

I like the idea of Blount and a quick guy combo, though. Gray was certainly more of a hit the DL and see if you make it, Blount is a 250lb jump cut runner with excellent vision but better long speed than short area speed.

Wonder if Bolden might be getting carries again. He hasn't been impressive in recent years there aside from the 24-0 game. But again, O line is the big thing. If your o line plays well almost anybody should do halfway decent.

Amazing collapse. Had a big game last year, overslept, and that's all she wrote. Will be interesting to see if he gets picked up and how he does elsewhere.

I see BOB n Houston taking him. They need runners desperately to help their QB's.

Brandon Bolden may pull a 2010 BJGE.

edit: Beat me to it froob.

My point is the $450k is a sunk cost. It's on the cap no matter what. Cutting him creates no extra liability or savings on the bonus. It saves a bit on his salary.

Well, Miguel warned us to look for a cap move, as they have to be under the cap for all 53 (56 with IR?)...so if Wayne's not there, then they are safely under and when it normalizes later, they can pick him back up.

BB may not trust our oline to have any normal RB back there. Think we go with pass catching RB's for awhile. Then Blount in the 2nd half.

how many cuts left to make?

Rich Hill ‏@PP_Rich_Hill 4m4 minutes ago
VJax from Licht would be a Belichick call.

He's not citing sources, just playing the name game. VJax and A.Bolden were the first two names I thought of. VJ much more fo a big-bodied big-play receiver and Bolden and big-bodied move-the-chains type guy.

@FieldYates: League source: the Patriots are planning to move on from RB Jonas Gray, but don't dismiss the idea that he could be traded still.

Agree 100%, actually was writing that up in my next post that came just after yours.

I like the idea of Blount and a quick guy combo, though. Gray was certainly more of a hit the DL and see if you make it, Blount is a 250lb jump cut runner with excellent vision but better long speed than short area speed.

I liked Gray because he's a one-cut and go type back. Blount and Bolden both take their time while the play develops. Gray seemed like the change of pace back you would pair with them. Lewis was amazing in the pre-season though. Belichick is not one to knock a guy because he isn't big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes