PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final round of roster cuts for Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dobson and Ryan going to make it? I think I'm 50-50 on them. Logic is saying yes on Dobson but gut is saying he gets cut. I'll say he gets cut and Ryan makes it. Hope they both do tho, certainly have shown the talent to play in this league. Perhaps Dobson is better off in a simpler offense. Even when he was healthyish he seemed to struggle last year.

Has to be. Runs hard, hits the line fast and low, doesn't fumble...truly mystified.

I think he'll get picked up and do well elsewhere.
I agree with your major points about him. The move slightly surprises me but not totally. I would rather have him on the team than off, but maybe something like attitude was the catalyst. Maybe this puts Freddie Jackson back on the table (for us to debate anyway).

I agree with your major points about him. The move slightly surprises me but not totally. I would rather have him on the team than off, but maybe something like attitude was the catalyst. Maybe this puts Freddie Jackson back on the table.

He signed with Seattle - vet minimum, I think.

And Fred Jackson signs for vet minimum with Seattle. Why didn't we pick him up?

Because he is the oldest RB in the league? He wasn't setting the world on fire when he carried the ball last season. Doubt he does this year. Expect 3.5 yards a carry, at best. Lewis and White both showed enough to not worry about Fred Jackson.

BB may not trust our oline to have any normal RB back there. Think we go with pass catching RB's for awhile. Then Blount in the 2nd half.
Making room for Ray Rice :)

He signed with Seattle - vet minimum, I think.
You know what, I do remember reading that now that you mention it. Disregard . . . because I'm too lazy to delete it.

I agree with your major points about him. The move slightly surprises me but not totally. I would rather have him on the team than off, but maybe something like attitude was the catalyst. Maybe this puts Freddie Jackson back on the table (for us to debate anyway).

He's a Seahawk.

Every year BB makes a personnel move that mystifies us. The Jonas Gray cut is a mystery.

McClain released

edit - reported earlier in the thread - sorry

Every year BB makes a personnel move that mystifies us. The Jonas Gray cut is a mystery.
Yeah. I'm halfway considering going back to the surprise cut thread to see if anyone put Jonas Gray down. But you're right, of course. BB does it every year.

McClain released
Yeah, he was impressive in spurts. He could never put together a string of good plays though . . . highly inconsistent. I did like his tackling though. We lost a very good tackler in Kyle Arrington.

Gray for Justin Hunter or something like that I could see.

Gray for WR Street in Dallas?

I simply don't see a WR being traded for, even Wayne came in too late to contribute much early on, the only WR I could see us trading for is a developmental guy for next season and an emergency body. Don't expect a contributor. Similar to Tim Wright last year, he only played very basic plays and his highish TD total was due to not being covered.

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 19s19 seconds ago
To make #Patriots as a RB you have to be versatile. Lewis, Cadet, White, Blount (KR), and Bolden all fill multiple roles.
While I agree BB prefers versatility, this may be one position (and maybe the T spot) where I do not think he is as strict. If you can run tough and grind out yards, then I think you have a place at RB on BB's team. Corey Dillon was not particularly a pass catching RB (though he was not shabby either). Antwain Smith, if memory serves, was not used in this role much either. They were more battering ram types that could get four-six yards at a time. Same, to a lesser extent, for Sammy Morris. That's what makes Gray slightly a surprise because he showed the ability to do that in more than just the Indy game.

But overall, it is well known that BB likes versatile players. Bolden is one of our very best ST's guys. The others can do multiple things and the word is that Blount has been working on his catching. I just wish we had another big body to run between the tackles in case something happens to Blount. Cadet is not small. Maybe they can use him for that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes