PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final round of roster cuts for Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me why I shouldn't be scared about the fact that Wayne isn't on the practice field?

I want him catching TDs against the Colts *SO BAD* and the 450k signing bonus makes a week 1 cut seem..unlikely.

The Bears let Mathew Wells go. Groy for Wells turned out to be a useless wash for both teams.
Hopefully the Pats sign him to the practice squad..

His average salary is $11,111,111/yr.

He's far more valuable to the Bucs and their rookie QB than to us unless he drops his contract down to the 3-4m/yr range, which he has no reason to do. We can't afford him.
Didn't say it was feasible on our end lol. However, Bucs have huge salaries for old vets like Mankins and Jackson. They could get rid of him for a younger WR and pick to build for future. Vjax ain't gonna be around much longer for their nice new QB to toss to.

Ebner is the Pats best Special teams player behind Slater, yet you think he's cut?

I don't see us keeping 6 safeties. We'll find out soon. I was already wrong with Gray getting cut/traded :D

@cpriceNFL: Many Patriots who might be considered bubble candidates have not heard anything about their status at this point.

Comeon Harper!

Dion Lewis' agent confirms he's made the team.
Kip----Yesss--napoleon-dynamite.gif

I think it's much more likely that Wilson is cut/traded than Ebner..
Maybe for salary reasons, but Wilson is a better defensive player than Ebner, while both are equal on ST. Would prefer Wilson.

Congrats to Lewis, he had a really good preseason, glad he's going to be part of our team!!!!
He's a good player and look forward to what he can add to roster. He tormented my college team so I'm bitter sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes