PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Falcons trade OL Quinn Ojinnaka to the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a Falcons fan.... Quinn Ojinnaka played good at the guard position.... Not good at the Tackle....

Dude was suspended over him and his wife fighting over his facebook account.

Damn that perfidious Facebook!

Don't let Myra read this thread.

That's our boy Dimitroff, over there: I'd be surprised if it wasn't a conditional Late Rounder...

If not, Aiken sounds like a pretty good guess.

No way in HELL Coach B ponies up a fresh 3rd Rounder with sterling potential like Price for a backup Lineman: That's insane, to put it kindly.

Who do we have that's expendable anyway? Slater, Aiken, Wilhite, Sanders all seem somewhat expendable, but only the former two seem like it would be fair.

Who do we have that's expendable anyway? Slater, Aiken, Wilhite, Sanders all seem somewhat expendable, but only the former two seem like it would be fair.

2011 6th round pick. Just a guess. 12 starts in 4 years, personal problems, backup lineman probably not more that a 6th rounder.

My sarcasm stands corrected,

PFF has him as THE top rated pass-blocking guard for 2009 Here

So, pretty much, if he starts over Connolly for Week 1, we can take that as a damning indictment of Connolly's pass blocking skills? :eek:

Dante's new ammunition. If we traded just Aiken I'll be thrilled.

when we traded away hochstein (also a back-up OL), it was for a 7th rounder. I'd imagine the compensation would be similar. After glancing at our depth chart, I could really only see Aiken being of comparable value at WR. And he did play in the game, so they were able to see his performance Thursday night. Slater has been hurt so long that I doubt it's him.

New England Patriots Unofficial Depth Chart

Last edited:
So, pretty much, if he starts over Connolly for Week 1, we can take that as a damning indictment of Connolly's pass blocking skills? :eek:

You missed that he's SUSPENDED week 1

That minor detail aside, BB musta been impressed with the big guy during the joint practises last week. Got a good look at him vs the Pats DL.

AND of the NFL's authority, seeing's how he's suspended for Week 1! ;)

You missed that he's SUSPENDED week 1

That minor detail aside, BB musta been impressed with the big guy during the joint practises last week. Got a good look at him vs the Pats DL.

AND of the NFL's authority, seeing's how he's suspended for Week 1! ;)

You guys work quickly. I didn't get a chance to read the entire thread, but you already had these posts up before I could edit. Make that Week 2. :cool:

My sarcasm stands corrected,

PFF has him as THE top rated pass-blocking guard for 2009 Here

Unless he was the only lineman on the team for those 5 games, I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

2011 6th round pick. Just a guess. 12 starts in 4 years, personal problems, backup lineman probably not more that a 6th rounder.

Also, factor in that Atlanta drafted interior OL (Mike Johnson, Joe Hawley) in the 3rd and 4th rounds this past draft. I think it is more the case of Atlanta getting something instead of nothing, and the Pats getting him now vs. hoping nobody else claimed him 10 days from now.

Conditional pick?

Scanning Falcons' boards, it seems like Ojinnaka was a borderline 53 guy so Aiken would fit.

Also, reading all of them dreaming that somehow the compensation might possibly include one of the Pats' plethora of talented young WRs & TEs makes me appreciate how fully BB & Co. have rebuilt that segment of the roster. (Compare to Seattle, where they're doing the Deion shuffle redux over Vincent Jackson!)

Lamanai; said:
Also, factor in that Atlanta drafted interior OL (Mike Johnson, Joe Hawley) in the 3rd and 4th rounds this past draft. I think it is more the case of Atlanta getting something instead of nothing, and the Pats getting him now vs. hoping nobody else claimed him 10 days from now.

Conditional pick?

Reiss reporting undisclosed draft pick. Probably a 6th my guess. Good to have some guard depth with starting experience. My guess is Kaczur will be IRd first thing tomorrow.

If hes as bad as some of the Faclon fans on the other boards are reporting, Aiken is probably worth more than him. So maybe a 7th round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News