PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Falcons trade OL Quinn Ojinnaka to the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of their fans are really high on Tate, that's a good sign. Pretty stupid though expecting him for a backup linemen. :rofl:

We know its going to be an 5th - 7th round pick... Guys are just saying.. What if and joking around.

Quinn Ojinnaka was not going to make our team anyway... So anything we get for him is cool

IMO this confirms Mankins has probably played his last down as a Patriot. BB isn't prone to giving up draft picks, even low rounders, for guys that can't make the 53 for their own team. The reason he did it in this case seems obvious. (or maybe it's just another negotiating tactic with Mankins' camp. :p

Probably will eat my words, buy I don't ever want to see Mankins' mug again: Hick cowboy not smart enough to have figured out what type of organization he is dealing with.

Everybody's in despair, every girl and boy
But when Quinn Ojinnaka gets here
Everybody's gonna jump for joy

this situation should be just his "cup of meat" ;)

Everybody's in despair, every girl and boy
But when Quinn Ojinnaka gets here
Everybody's gonna jump for joy

Come on without!
Come on within! :rocker:

I am a Falcons fan.... Quinn Ojinnaka played good at the guard position.... Not good at the Tackle....

Dude was suspended over him and his wife fighting over his facebook account.

Welcome aboard. Folks with good attitudes and decent commentary are always welcome, regardless of the laundry they root for. :cool:

Not thrilled with this trade. Doesn't seem like a quality guy eventhough he is a decent back up in terms of his place on the team.

It seems like Connelly has locked up the starting role pending a change of heart by Mankins. Connelly has earned the position rather than been the defacto heir to the role. I have a feeling that Kazcur might have lost the starting role to Connelly if Connelly was given a chance to prove himself if Kazcur wasn't injured. Connelly is definitely no Mankins, but he has been mostly solid in the first two preseason games. As he gets more comfortable in the role, he should get much better.

I think the starting five on the line are locked and I am fairly comfortable with them. I think the depth at the position is an issue. I am not sure Ojinnaka will make the final 53 man roster.

Last edited:
This is why PFF is garbage. Ojinnaka may actually be a very good pass blocker, but if he was the best pass blocking guard in the NFL last year no way would the Falcons give him away for a conditional draft pick.

So... what you're saying is that the immortal David Garrard DIDN'T have a better season than Tom Brady in 2009?

I'm sure the pick is conditional on Ojinnaka making the 53 man roster. I'm not holding my breath that he will. This whole thing may wind up meaning nothing within two weeks.

I woulld think that at least two OL positions are open. At most, seven are locked down with Ohrnberger and LeVoir as the top backups.

Ojinnaka could get an inactive backup RG spot as insurance against an injury by Neal. Ih=f Dante thinks he can play OT (he did start at RT in college and at LT for the Falcons), he could get Bussey's spot.

Wow @ those Falcon fans thinking they had a shot at Price, Tate or one of the TEs we just drafted.

A number of the fans on that forum are saying Brandon Tate! :D

Nothing like a morning laugh :)

Last edited:
Come on without!
Come on within! :rocker:

Man, how many Dead Heads we have 'round here? Yer gonna be in big trouble if I have "Mighty Quinn" in my head all day. It's so damned repetitive. I vaguely remember it's a Dylan tune. Anyway, That was one of my least liked Dead tunes the 22 times I saw them.

(Hey, it's a backup Falcons' lineman acquisition thread at 6 on a Monday morning. What else ya want outta me? Gez, even Kontra came in off his game. Gez, thinkin' Quinn's playin' week one and stuff. Well, he's big cheese 'round here. If I was big and important like that, I wouldn't bother reading all the posts before I commented either.):p

For those who believe in those sort of things like stats, or too lazy to follow and read the article, the #1 ranking in pass blocking is for over 200 snaps. Pretty decent sample size. Moreso, it's with actual eyes-on play by play rankings, which makes it even more accurate than traditional techniques.

So at least I'm a bit intrigued, more so than the average JAG. We can only hope. I mean we DO need some depth there do we not?

I can't believe what people are saying we gave up for him tho'. Maybe Atlanta thought he could play too.

After watching the back-up OL get destroyed these past few pre-season games, I'm all in favour of this deal.

Connelly has exceeded all expectations, but his potential ascension to the starting line-up leaves us seriously short-handed in terms of depth along the OL. With Kaczur's injury, we've lost our top back-up at tackle, and our top back-up guard is now starting. I wouldn't be surprised to see another move before the season starts.

Patriots have a sixth from the Thomas trade to NO. So I presume its not going to bother the FO too much.

Last edited:
Didn't Bill spend a bunch of picks on guys that did not pan out? Gallaway, Mathews, Greg Lewis come to mind from last year alone.

IMO this confirms Mankins has probably played his last down as a Patriot. BB isn't prone to giving up draft picks, even low rounders, for guys that can't make the 53 for their own team. The reason he did it in this case seems obvious. (or maybe it's just another negotiating tactic with Mankins' camp. :p

Probably will eat my words, buy I don't ever want to see Mankins' mug again: Hick cowboy not smart enough to have figured out what type of organization he is dealing with.

he looks like a good fit at G. maybe scar can coach him up to play beyond what he showed in atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back