PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Falcons trade OL Quinn Ojinnaka to the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I'm shocked at the amount of complete respect most of them seem to have for Brandon Tate and Taylor Price. Pleasantly surprised, of course.

and some saw Hernandez as the next Tony Gonzales :eek:

This is clear evidence of the value of the practices with other teams followed by an exhibition game. It is a fantastic way to scout out roster building players. BB et. al. have the luxury of not just watching it live, but watching it on film and asking their own players about guys on the other team, all in a condensed four day period. Dante can look at a guy like this, see where his weaknesses are, and decide whether he thinks he can coach him up or not. Its like a combine on caffeine (can't say "on steroids" anymore, not NFL PC).

There were times when the backups looked terrible in pass protection, in both games.

After watching the back-up OL get destroyed these past few pre-season games, I'm all in favour of this deal.

Connelly has exceeded all expectations, but his potential ascension to the starting line-up leaves us seriously short-handed in terms of depth along the OL. With Kaczur's injury, we've lost our top back-up at tackle, and our top back-up guard is now starting.

Yep, I don't see what's not to like here. So he's a routine JAG backup? Fine, the Patriots need one of those. And they have a boatload of draft picks in what will likely be a shallow draft.

Wow. I'm shocked at the amount of complete respect most of them seem to have for Brandon Tate and Taylor Price. Pleasantly surprised, of course.

Nice, isn't it?

I don't think any of the Falcons fans thought for a minute that they would get a Tate or Price or Hernandez, they were just dreaming of who they'd like from the Patriots' roster. After watching the team up-close for a week, they're salivating over 4-5 different young WRs and TEs. That's a fantastic sign that our fan-tinted eyes aren't deceiving us -- the young guns look good!

Yep, I don't see what's not to like here. So he's a routine JAG backup? Fine, the Patriots need one of those. And they have a boatload of draft picks in what will likely be a shallow draft.

Well said: Quality of Depth is VITAL to our prosperity as a team, and being able to pick up guy who's got starting experience at Guard AND Tackle for a song is pretty good ROI on that song, in my view.

And while I hope we can all agree that PFF Stats should be taken with an HEALTHY dose of salt, discounting them altogether would also be a mistake. #1 Pass Blocking Guard in the game, last year?? HARDLY. But there's no denying that he DID show some sustained proficiency...and that's pretty damned COOL, because we NEED Quality of Depth at Guard AND at Tackle.

Screw PFF. Dante & BB had several days to watch this porker in action close up as we scrimmaged with Atlanter. You can't get a better audition on a player from another team. That makes this pickup quite different from simply working out a guy and signing him.

So... what you're saying is that the immortal David Garrard DIDN'T have a better season than Tom Brady in 2009?

Well, that part is on the money. Any fool could see that.

A number of the fans on that forum are saying Brandon Tate! :D

Nothing like a morning laugh :)

lol at the guy who said he wouldn't sleep until Tate is a Falcon. He's going to be 1 tired dude. :bricks:

May the Gods grant that this comes to pass, AGAIN, 8 months, hence.

*chuckles*

If I weren't equally excited about the other Quinn, I'd probably make fun of your myopic fanaticism, but in this case it would come back on me. All that to say, I agree! :cool:

So, pretty much, if he starts over Connolly for Week 1, we can take that as a damning indictment of Connolly's pass blocking skills? :eek:
Just as if he starts over Neal, which wont happen either.

I like PFF. We all know how to interpret that stat: he's a backup OG who can pass block. 'nuff said.

Or, during a five game period, he and the other four random linemen he happened to be next to had less defensive penetration than other random samples of five man lines of longer and shorter durations, depending on the amount of starts of any one individual in one of those random five man configurations.

Again...

PFF's analysis.................Irrelevant

Dante & BB's analysis after days of joint workouts up close & personal............Relevant

Again...

PFF's analysis.................Irrelevant

Dante & BB's analysis after days of joint workouts up close & personal............Relevant

PFF analysis.........very relevant

Dante and BB's analysis............significantly more relevant

*chuckles*

If I weren't equally excited about the other Quinn, I'd probably make fun of your myopic fanaticism, but in this case it would come back on me. All that to say, I agree! :cool:

"Myopic Fanaticism" LOVE it!! :D

Who started this song going??:violent: ;)

Are all the pigeons gonna run to him or is everyone gonna doze? :singing:

Everybody's building the big ships and boats
Som are building monuments, others jotting down notes
Everybody's in despair, every girl and boy
But when Quinn the Eskimo gets here everybody's gonna jump for joy
Oh come all without, come all within
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn
Come all without, come all within
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.

Oh you know I like to do just like the rest
You know I like my sugar sweet but guarding fumes and making haste
You know it ain't my cup of meat
Everybody's out the trees, feeding pigeons all under the limb
But when Quinn the Eskimo gets here the pigeons gonna run to him

A cat's meow and a cow's moo to you know I, I could recite them all
Just tell me where it hurts you, honey, and I'll tell you who to call
Nobody can get asleep, there's someone on everybody's toes
When Quinn the Eskimo gets here everybody's gonna want to doze
Bob Dylan - Quinn The Eskimo (the Mighty Quinn) Lyrics

We can use him! I wonder what made BB pick him and will BB suggest he close out his facebook account:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back