PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Falcons trade OL Quinn Ojinnaka to the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scanning Falcons' boards, it seems like Ojinnaka was a borderline 53 guy so Aiken would fit.

Also, reading all of them dreaming that somehow the compensation might possibly include one of the Pats' plethora of talented young WRs & TEs makes me appreciate how fully BB & Co. have rebuilt that segment of the roster. (Compare to Seattle, where they're doing the Deion shuffle redux over Vincent Jackson!)

Ha ha! Sure, guys. We'll just give you Gronk for him. :eek:

Keep on dreamin' Falcon's fans!

Last edited:
This is another snag at a life preserver, just like Stapleton and Ghiaciuc. They are now in a position where they feel they need to trade for players who might not have made other teams' rosters.

Last edited:
If hes as bad as some of the Faclon fans on the other boards are reporting, Aiken is probably worth more than him. So maybe a 7th round pick.

Really? I didn't find that so much as "Eh, he was a backup lineman on the bubble. So what did we get???" Kind of a Russ Hochstein level response. And the Pats could use a Hochstein right now.

undisclosed pick and the fact he's a no name probably means a 6th if he makes the team. Anything more then that would be too much

This move, coupled with the Simmons signing, mean Kaczur will probably be IRd and Mankins has probably played his last game as a Patriot.

patchick; said:
Really? I didn't find that so much as "Eh, he was a backup lineman on the bubble. So what did we get???" Kind of a Russ Hochstein level response. And the Pats could use a Hochstein right now.

Hopefully it works out for us like it did for Broncos. Hochstein had a decent year I believe.

I am a Falcons fan.... Quinn Ojinnaka played good at the guard position.... Not good at the Tackle....

Dude was suspended over him and his wife fighting over his facebook account.

Thanks for the feedback.

"Patriots get Quinn"

May the Gods grant that this comes to pass, AGAIN, 8 months, hence.

This move, coupled with the Simmons signing, mean Kaczur will probably be IRd and Mankins has probably played his last game as a Patriot.

agreed. 10char.

Actually just trying to keep up with you on posts..............there, tied ya.

If hes as bad as some of the Faclon fans on the other boards are reporting, Aiken is probably worth more than him. So maybe a 7th round pick.

He's probably better than they are giving him credit for, think about how much people around here trash guys once they are bound for another team. He's probably not the pro bowler we hope he is either, likely somewhere in between.

Uhh.....he has a cool name? :D

You may be right about Mankins not playing here again, but I doubt Simmons has anything to do with it. I'd say his signing is about as significant as that of Rod Owens. A UDFA/fringe player passed over by every team in the league, looking to catch on anywhere. The Pats are just rotating eventual PS candidates through camp. Simmons has nothing to do with our 53-man roster, IMO. Ojinnaka is probably seen as an upgrade over Ohrnberger, Larsen and Guichcuk (yep, too lazy to confirm the spelling). Given Neal's injury history, it is very likely one of these guys starts half a dozen games for us. From what i've seen, its better to be Ojinnaka.

While it is likely Kaczur is IR'd, if not, I wouldn't be surprised if Guichiuck is on the street tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes