PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: "Patriots may just be good enough to go undefeated"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ESPN "Patriots may just be good enough to go undefeated"

Yep we're going 19-0 its over just hand us the Lombardi. Perfect season here we come.

The only thing worse than hearing that is "the sky is falling" threads which are rarely seen here.

Re: Top 10 reasons we will go 16-0.

you guys so mean - can't a man have some fun?

It's a game. A diversion from everyday life.

Save the strange over-the-top hardcore intensity for your kids' Little League games......and we'll see ya on the news.

Someone with a bit more perspective on life would re-word your ridiculous statement into "The only thing that should matter to ANY fan is the enjoyment of rooting for your team".

Honestly, take a step back. It's entertainment, not the college board exams.

Well said. Lord forbid people remember it's a game played by people we don't know.

And for the record I think this team could go 16-0. I'd also like it noted on the record that in October of 2004, after the Red Sox lost by something like 19-6 to go down three games to none to the Yankees, I turned to my (now) wife and said "they can still win the next four." Just because something has never happened before doesn't mean it can't happen this year.

Sorry but I have to say this...

STOP TALKING ABOUT GOING 16-0!

The Patriots have won three games, count em' 3 freakin' games!

And I'll leave you with ONE GAME AT A TIME!!

Why? We don't play the game. I can talk about the Dallas game, maybe even the giants game. Just because the players want only to focus "one game at a time", doesn't mean I have to. It has 0 effect on the upcoming game. None. Zilch. Zippo. Nadda.

19 and 0 has a better ring to it anyway.

Why? We don't play the game. I can talk about the Dallas game, maybe even the giants game. Just because the players want only to focus "one game at a time", doesn't mean I have to. It has 0 effect on the upcoming game. None. Zilch. Zippo. Nadda.

19 and 0 has a better ring to it anyway.

So what do you think about Pats-Giants in week 17 being on NFLN? I bet the NFL would kill to have NE 15-0 going into that game (oh crap, I just came up with a new theory for the tinfoil hat wearing haters). I also know that I'd have to find someplace to watch it since I don't get NFLN.

I'm with you though, I hate it when people tell me to take it one game at a time or that I can't overlook Buffalo. I did last week (didn't even watch the game) and it worked out just fine.

So what do you think about Pats-Giants in week 17 being on NFLN? I bet the NFL would kill to have NE 15-0 going into that game (oh crap, I just came up with a new theory for the tinfoil hat wearing haters). I also know that I'd have to find someplace to watch it since I don't get NFLN.

I'm with you though, I hate it when people tell me to take it one game at a time or that I can't overlook Buffalo. I did last week (didn't even watch the game) and it worked out just fine.

I think I'm glad I have NFLN :)

Lets not compare 21 wins in a row to anything,That irrelevant and ridiculous to even compare to.

Is this supposed to be logical? Winning 21 in a row should not be in the discussion of whether or not it is reasonable to think this team could win 16 in a row?

Personally, I'm not thinking 16-0. I'm thinking 13-0. The past is done with; on with the future. Any think we can win 13 in a row? :)

IF Theres no injuries in a major way and IF they continue to play like they are playing right now then 14-2 is very possible and that IMO is best scenerio by FAR.

I would think that teams with great defenses like Baltimore,Pittsburgh and great offenses like Indy and Dallas are where 2 of those losses will occur.

12-4 or 13-3 are most likely to be realistic especially if BB rests some guys by the end of week 14

12-4? Hell no this team goes 12-4. This is a 14-2 squad. I anticipate 15-1.

What FOUR teams are beating the Pats?

Some of you are forgetting the fact that in the 04 season, after losing to the Redskins, the Patriots did in fact go 16-0 for the rest of the season, including playoffs.

I wouldn't be shocked if it happens. If anyone is going to do it, it's this team. Barring injuries, of course, which are always a possibility.

I'd like to see Belichick start resting starters when we get these 24 point 4th quarter leads.

You are taking it personally,I said ANYONE - Not just Desi-patsfan,and just like you if I believe anyone who thinks the team is going to be 16-0 is ******ed than I am going to think that way and I don't answer to anyone on here either - I really don't think that writer believes it anyway but its a good way to make potential reading customers on the scouts website.

Writers are like Attorneys-you can NEVER trust them.

Here's your reasoning:

They won't go undefeated, because it never happens, and they're bound to lose sometime. (Not really reasoning, just conclusive statements)

Here's my, ******ed, according to you, reasoning:

Barring numerous significant injuries...

1. The Patriots will be the better coached, more talented team on every single sunday this season. The only team that can compare talent-wise is Indy, and we have significantly upgraded at 5 defensive spots and 3 offensive spots during the offseason, while they have stayed pat, or lost talent. Try to imagine that game last year with Adalius Thomas, Eugene Wilson, Junior Seau, Rodney Harrison, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Sammy Morris, and Dante Stallworth on the field, instead of TBC, Eric Alexander, Artrell Hawkins, Rashad Baker, Reche Caldwell, Corey Dillon, and Troy Brown. Do you think it would have even been close??

2. The Patriots are known for their game-by-game approach, and ability to focus no matter the quality of opponent.

3. Between 2003 and 2004, the Patriots won 21 straight games, with teams that were far inferior to this team in terms of talent.

4. You can assume that the Patriots will play like a dog some weeks, and have a chance to be beaten by another team's best. That's fine. But I am telling you that only Dallas and Indy have the offensive weapons to capitalize on our mistakes, and those are games that our guys should be up for. Is it possible that we lose a couple games - of course. Is it likely - I'm not sure. Is it ridiculous to think about going undefeated - Absolutely not.

Last edited:

Dude.

Its about Patriots getting respect. Something we don't get a lot of around here.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? NO RESPECT? Don't get a lot of?? from whom? Sorry, I think the Patriots are THE most respected team in the NFL and they get a lot of respect for that.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? NO RESPECT? Yes Don't get a lot of?? Again, Yes from whom? Anyone who is not a Pats fan, including most of the media Sorry, I think the Patriots are THE most respected team in the NFL and they get a lot of respect for that. Well, bless your heart

My question is, where are you been the last few weeks?

Last edited:

12-4? Hell no this team goes 12-4. This is a 14-2 squad. I anticipate 15-1.

What FOUR teams are beating the Pats?

I think they
will win more than 12 games but NEVER assume anything with injuries ect:

Dallas,Baltimore,Indy,Pittsburgh and any AFC east opponent can beat the Patriots on any given sunday - Don't get too ****y.

Actually I don't agree with that. Only Dallas and Indy can score with the Pats. The Steelers are paper tigers that are living off a limited offense, and the Ravens are back to being a mess offensively.

On any given sunday the Raiders can beat the 93 Cowboys. Would they? Nope. I anticipate one fall off the map game somewhere in there, where Brady tosses his usual one-game-a-year 4 INTs, and maybe loss in Dallas, but I just don't see any more losses than that. Injuries would change my assessment, but we'll cross that bridge if we get there.

Personally, I'm not thinking 16-0. I'm thinking 13-0. The past is done with; on with the future. Any think we can win 13 in a row? :)

ITs not 13 in a row, its one in a row 13 times. (Actually 16 because 16-0 means nothing, 19-0, or ANY record ending with a SB is what matters)

People who are personally offended by 16-0 topics. (Which you must be if you result in childish insults)

DON'T ENTER THEM.

Mods should start cracking down on people calling others '******ed" just for bringing up a discussion, that most media outlets are also discussing. (CBS, ESPN, NES/CN, etc.)

Backing up your thoughts with logic, depth and composure is fine, but the insulting is unnecessary and childish, grow up a bit?

Last edited:
They are good enough...now they need to be lucky enough, discipline enough, healthy enough, ect ect ect....

But I say they do it :rocker:

i liked the article and i would love to go undeafeated as our 207 team seems to be the best ever but in today's NFL it is so difficult to win all and the schedule anyway is brutal at least

but...let's hope !

Go Pats !

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back