PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders willing to trade Asomugha

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd give crazy Al a 1st, a 4th, and Stanback,Wilhiite, wheatley,Tate, and he can have Burgess back....if he sends him this way.

I'd give crazy Al a 1st, a 4th, and Stanback,Wilhiite, wheatley,Tate, and he can have Burgess back....if he sends him this way.

Thought only Mother Theresa was capable of that kind of generosity...;)

No, that's mostly about having little or no film early in the season or when rookie or replacement QB's step in... They don't generally fare as well the second time around regardless of who we're playing at corner...And since when is completing <56% of your passes for 6.4YPA and throwing 2 TD's and 1 pick in two games one of which we won and the other we lost by 1 point remotely making a rookie look like Marino...

Henne dinked and dunked his way down the field at will against us. He didn't register one truly "deep" completion in that game and still went for 350+. You know something is wrong when Devonne Bess registers a career day against your defense. Maybe he didn't look like Marino, but he was sure as hell close in that game.

i remember when the pats played the raiders last yr they went repeatedly at him with cassel atQB and werent that impressed. One can say a better defense can make him better but if oak is a bad run d, why even bother throwing the ball?
iam not sure if he is good or bad but thereis an unknown here...just my 2 cents.

i remember when the pats played the raiders last yr they went repeatedly at him with cassel atQB and werent that impressed. One can say a better defense can make him better but if oak is a bad run d, why even bother throwing the ball?

Yep..NA was thrown at 6 times. Cassell completed 4 for 46 yds and he had 2 PDs. Not great but not terrible.

iam not sure if he is good or bad but thereis an unknown here...just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

Hes very good. But your observation is interesting as it relates to what BB may think of him and his performance during the game. Does it turn him off (assuming he loves the guy)?

You really should check out the thread about this on JI.

Some truly outstanding trade suggestions - Kerry Rhodes, Vernon Gholston and a third rounder for him, being one.

If Greasy Al wants to trade Asomugha, then there is a serious problem with his salary / ability ratio. Al is obsessed with CBs; loves them and will sell the farm to get them (he is still stuck in the Lester Hayes fantasy days). He is not going to let go of a CB if he is still any good. This would not be like the Randy Moss deal, more like the Burgess deal.

And if the Slippery Al drafts a CB with his first pick (I'll take money on that one), the price on Asomugha should come down.

Last edited:
(he is still stuck in the Lester Hayes fantasy days).

With the way "Lester the Molester" blanketed receivers, I would be too.

IMO a crime he is not in the HoF but I digress..

Last edited:
Well lets just shut down all debate on the board until BB lets us shall we.

And what does it take for somebody to have a good day? As you said yourself Manning went for 377 against the Jets but only connected 26 of 39. Was he poor that day?

26 of 39 is 66.7%. That's considered pretty darn good. A 350+ yard passing game with 3 TDs and 0 INTs is also pretty darn good. He lit up the Jets. There's really no getting around that. The Jets had Revis, but they didn't slow down the Colts passing game. Meanwhile they couldn't score at all in the second half = loss.

Stats don't always tell the whole story

But lack of pressure is clearly a problem for the Pats defense. Retain Bodden, and the continued development of Butler means the secondary should be better in 2010. And what would make them look EVEN better is an improved pass rush. I don't need stats to tell me that the Pats pass rush was poor in 2009. My eyes told me that. The stats only confirm it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST