PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: "Patriots may just be good enough to go undefeated"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave the 1 game at a time mentaility to the Pats players and coaches. What us fans talk about on this message board has zero influence on how the Pats team performs each week.

I firmly believe that this years Pats team is better than any team it will be playing this season. Quite a bit better than most every opponent on the schedule.

As such, I strongly believe that they will not lose a single game this year. Barring key injury of course.

Let's try some arithmetic. Even if the patriots were 90% likely (9-1 favorites) in each of the next 13 games, they would only have a one in four chance of going undefeated. Obviously there are few teams that we less than 90% to beat.

Even the greatest team of all time for a single season lost once.

Leave the 1 game at a time mentaility to the Pats players and coaches. What us fans talk about on this message board has zero influence on how the Pats team performs each week.

I firmly believe that this years Pats team is better than any team it will be playing this season. Quite a bit better than most every opponent on the schedule.

As such, I strongly believe that they will not lose a single game this year. Barring key injury of course.

Last edited:
Let's try some arithmetic. Even if the patriots were 90% likely (9-1 favorites) in each of the next 13 games, they would only have a one in four chance of going undefeated. Obviously there are few teams that we less than 90% to beat.

Even the greatest team of all time for a single season lost once.
Arithmetic? This is football not math!

Sorry, many football posters make bets avery week, and certainly compute the odds of different events. Math is the good friend of successful bettors.

Arithmetic? This is football not math!

I believe in one game at a time but they way that the season has started and with all the spy gate stuff. A perfect season may just happen just to piss people off.

Sorry, many football posters make bets avery week, and certainly compute the odds of different events. Math is the good friend of successful bettors.
The betting odds may not be in the Pats favour to go undefeated but it certainly doesn't mean they can't, or won't do so. Just like the odds weren't in the Pats favour prior to them winning 3 of 4 super bowls! Or the odds suggested that a sal capped team would struggle to win 21 straight games .............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back