PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: "Patriots may just be good enough to go undefeated"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ESPN "Patriots may just be good enough to go undefeated"

We are capable of going 16-0, like the best two or three teams every season are.

Maybe we even will go 16-0. Statistically speaking, we have essentially a 0% chance.

But right now it is the furthest thing from my mind, and hopefully even further from the minds of the players in the locker room.

It just is so far down the road that it is irrelevant to talk about, and statistically it is FAR less likely than even winning the superbowl.

You are guarenteed that a team will win the superbowl every year like clockwork.

Even that is a more realistic topic than going 16-0.

We are just as likely to have a major natural disaster that postpones the season from a merely statistical point of view. Nobody has ever won 16 regular season games, and the 1972 Dolphins faced an ultra-cakewalk of a schedule.

Yeah, it is possible...

Why are people getting personally offended at even the thought of us going 16-0?

Tisk.

Statistically speaking, we have essentially a 0% chance.

Well then I guess it's settled. ESPN is just spewing BS again.

It's true for his kickoff role where he's been phenomenal. He missed a FG and had a shaky preseason but really - who needs a FG kicker anyway ? :D

Yeah, right. :bricks:

Pats, Steelers, Colts, Cowboys, and Packers - All those teams can still go undefeated. Chances aren't good for that though.
I am just hoping we go 4-0 right now.

What I know about the Patriots since BB and Brady have been together is this:

1. We tend to start slow and build momentum towards the playoffs.

2. We rarely blow teams out. Even bad ones.

3. Although our defenses have always been solid....there are always areas we know need improvement.

4. Our offense sometimes have moments of excellence but sometimes complete quarters and halves of 3 and out punt-fests. Major frustration for us fans.

However. I have never seen the Patriots come out of the gate looking like this.

We just humiliated 3 teams that are coming off 14-2, 10-6 and 7-9 seasons. The games were decided by half time.

Its September and there is a long way to go, but people around the country who typically can't stand the Patriots are in complete awe. I for one am enjoying the hell out of it.

I normally don't pick the Patriots to blow teams out but the Monday night game against Cinci has potential to be a major blow out. I'm talking in the 56-10 range. Thier starting RB is out. If the Bengals become a one-dimensional team, I don't care who is throwing the ball and catching it. BB will devise a way to destroy you.

I should save that for a later rant.

It hasn't even been proven yet that the Patriots will be able to beat the Colts in the regular season game or the playoffs, if they meet then. The Colts are the champions right now and have to be knocked off. They've beaten us, what, 3 straight times now? Just because the Pats added Moss, Thomas and Welker, etc., doesn't guarantee that we beat the Colts. It's like the Yankees adding all the expensive players they have but haven't won a world series since 2000. I know people around here hate talk or comparisons about the Yankees, but they are also a team that is constantly adding people (Pats just made the big adds once, this past offseason). Beating the Colts will be the proof of the pudding. I certainly hope we do.

How many people said Moss would never play for the Patriots :)

How many people said Moss would never play for the Patriots :)

Remember last year when there were some rumors the Patriots were going to try to work a deal for him to come here?

God, there were some hateful comments posted on our board about Moss.

Mod deleted flaming[/QUOTE

Eloquently stated. I guess if you have no idea what you are talking about, the plan is to be a jerk?

Geez, why are you so upset that someone thinks the Pats may put together 16 wins in a row.

Have you been a Pats fan for more than two years? Because they once won 21 games in a row.

Highly unlikely that they did it, but the fact is: They did.

And if they did it once, they can do it again.

Likely? MO.

Mod deleted flaming.

Isnt that kind of an ignorant response?
The 72 Dolphins went undefeated.
The 03-04 Pats won 21 in a row. (They also won 12 in a row in 01-02)
The 85 Bears, 80s 9er team, Steelers from a few years ago, the 76 Raiders, Are a few examples of teams that lost only 1 game.

Why is it ******ED to suggest a team can go undefeated? Hell, the Colts almost did it 2 years ago.

Is it LIKELY? No. There are too many things that could go wrong to make it likely. There are many variables, bad day, fluke plays, injuries, etc.

Is it POSSIBLE? Of course it is,the Patriots have already won 21 straight, and this team is better.

Is it ******ED to say it could happen? No, its ******ED to say it cant.

Lets not compare 21 wins in a row to anything,That irrelevant and ridiculous to even compare to.

True the Patriots DID win 21 games in a row and that was amazing with the fact that it WAS 2 somewhat DIFFERENT TEAMS and it was not the SAME team in the SAME year and was not the SAME exact players either and this was between two regular seasons - NOT A GRUELING CONTINUOUS 16 REGULAR GAME STRETCH (not including the bye week)
No team remains the same in any next year so why even bring it up? - If its not the SAME team with SAME players it does not count as an accomplishment only goes by the number and title "21 games in a row" ,any NFL coach will tell you that and in reality and long streak means absolutely NOTHING to Belichick or Brady or Seymour ect:
The only thing that matters to ANY fan or should matter is the Super Bowl Championship,nothing more nothing less.

The 21 games in a row was a great looking 'stat' and you know what you can do with stats and accomplishments like that,It can buy you a cup of coffee at best - I don't care if we lost every 3rd game we play as long as the Super Bowl win is accomplished

Can this same team in the same year go undefeated in a 16 game season? - NO IMO

Lets talk about the team going 2-0 or 3-0 in the playoffs - Thats what I am looking for and that is MUCH more likely

Top 10 reasons we will go 16-0.

1. We are the Patriots and everyone else isn't.

2. Our coach makes geniuses look like 1st graders.

3. Hey, we've already won 3... what's 13 more?

4. Brady puts "man-crush" spell on all opponents.

5. Team of Gillette: The Best a Man Can Get.

6. Indy? Cowboys? Steelers? What have they ever won?

7. There is no "I" in the Patriots...er... Pats.

8. We have the greatest fans in the country and if you don't believe it, too
bad for you, you big stupid dumba%#.

9. We play one game at a time. And even if we played two games at a
time, I really thing we would win them both.

10. One word: Espionage

Lets not compare 21 wins in a row to anything,That irrelevant and ridiculous to even compare to.

The 21 games in a row was a great looking 'stat' and you know what you can do with stats and accomplishments like that,It can buy you a cup of coffee at best - I don't care if we lost every 3rd game we play as long as the Super Bowl win is accomplished

Can this same team in the same year go undefeated in a 16 game season? - NO IMO

Lets talk about the team going 2-0 or 3-0 in the playoffs - Thats what I am looking for and that is MUCH more likely

There are so many things wrong with your post that I'm not sure where to begin.

A 21 game win streak is not a "stat"

The core of players that played during that winning streak are still here....still playing.

I don't think Brady/Belichick think about the winning streak, but they are sure as hell proud of that. Its an all-time NFL record.

For some reason, talking about an undefeated season bothers the hell out of you. And your reaction to talking about it is to attack and refer to knowledgeable posters as ******ed. Not cool. Some of the posters here have more understanding of football than you do.

Re: Top 10 reasons we will go 16-0.

keep it to yourself letterman

Yeah these 'OMG U MORONS HOW DARE U EVEN SUGGEST SUCH A THING REATARDS" guys need to settle down.

Call me overconfident, but I see the Pats winning their first 14 games. My guess is that BB then plays the starters very little the last two games. Why take a chance getting unnecessary injuries and screwing up a Superbowl win?

The Pats are already a well-oiled machine and we have the best coach in the league.

The only thing that matters to ANY fan or should matter is the Super Bowl Championship,nothing more nothing less.

It's a game. A diversion from everyday life.

Save the strange over-the-top hardcore intensity for your kids' Little League games......and we'll see ya on the news.

Someone with a bit more perspective on life would re-word your ridiculous statement into "The only thing that should matter to ANY fan is the enjoyment of rooting for your team".

Honestly, take a step back. It's entertainment, not the college board exams.

Sorry but I have to say this...

STOP TALKING ABOUT GOING 16-0!

The Patriots have won three games, count em' 3 freakin' games!

And I'll leave you with ONE GAME AT A TIME!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back