PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman offered 3-year deal, he opts to test free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see some of you are very confident moving forward with DA. Edelman have already proved in one year that he's the better player.

They also remove the last security blanket Brady had - Its year 2 - use the youn guns we have on the roster. I for one is happy with this move :singing:

Young "Guns"??? Ha ha!! Don't get me wrong, I like Dobson's physical tools (not his hands) but he's not exactly poised for a breakout sophmore campaign after being shelved for three months. As for Thompkins and Boyce....meh...

I love what Edelman has accomplished, but he needs to be reminded that the Pats had Welker's market pegged last year and Welker signed for the same amount of money (different payout) as what the Pats offered..

I really hope Edelman comes back but I will wish him the best if he doesn't and move on.

Yeah man, i wouldn't hold my breath either, I mean we were only top 5 last year, pathetic, if you aint first your last!

:bricks:

That's just an oversight on PF2's part, he actually has that post scheduled for dissemination every year at this time and if he doesn't instruct his computer to delete it then it goes up as scheduled automatically.

On the other hand i don't really understand how PF2 is still with us? He was supposed to hold his breath until they signed Mike Wallace last offseason.

Interesting tweets here...

https://twitter.com/MikeGiardi

Edelman didn't like the deadline? Hmm, this could be Welker, part deux.

Both he adn Talib found the market softer than they expected?

Whether he is upset with the deadline, the two sides are nowhere near contentious. Welker's animosity with the Pats started before the negotiations last year.

I see some of you are very confident moving forward with DA. Edelman have already proved in one year that he's the better player.

Oh, so you've already divined the Patriots wouldn't try at all to replace Amendola through FA and/or the draft? Can you tell us what the winning lottery numbers are, too?

Seemed like a fair deal to me. Probably time the pats move on from having short slot receivers as number one options anyway.

What does concern me is what bargain basement, injury prone, was good four seasons ago value receiver BB is going to sign to take his place.

That's true. If you credit Amendola for not dressing early in his first season because he was an undrafted free agent, Amendola has been healthy for more complete seasons than Edelman.

They are both injury prone. I wouldn't over pay for Edelman and I am still pissed that they over paid for Amendola.

maybe they lowballed the guaranteed money. Maybe.

But 4.5 up to 7 per year over a three year contract is not a bad deal. for 1 year of production.

No player is ever proved to be better based on one season.

What ever Bill offered JE, Bill will be ready either way. If JE re-signs or a backup plan is probably in place as we read/type. Last year Welker not re-signing had Amendola waitin on dotted line.

Que the Sanders signing by tomorrow

on a" Every clouds has a silver lining" note. Can you imagine what Brady6's next thread title is going to be?

Interesting tweets here...

https://twitter.com/MikeGiardi

Edelman didn't like the deadline? Hmm, this could be Welker, part deux.

Especially if the Pats are quick to pursue/sign someone like Sanders in FA and that signing affects their willingness/ability to pay Eldeman should he come back and ask to have another offer matched..

..even if its only marginally better than their last offer to him.

What a surprise, they try to lowball another player. He deserves Amendola's contract.

That's exactly my thought they can give DA and Kyle Arrington BS contracts but lets give Edelman what "WE" think he's worth plus a ultamatum. If they really wanted they could have kept JE add a little more I bet you Brady is pissed I would be.

What ever Bill offered JE, Bill will be ready either way. If JE re-signs or a backup plan is probably in place as we read/type. Last year Welker not re-signing had Amendola waitin on dotted line.

Problem was the backup plan was not great least season. Hopefully its better this season.

Seemed like a fair deal to me. Probably time the pats move on from having short slot receivers as number one options anyway.

What does concern me is what bargain basement, injury prone, was good four seasons ago value receiver BB is going to sign to take his place.

Cmon, Ocho Cinco, Joey Galloway, Donald Hayes aside they've been pretty good finding these types. Austin Collie for one, surpassed my expectations last year.

Last year at this time you were screaming doom and gloom if they didn't sign Mike Wallace. You do this every offseason and what we are actually really confident in is that you will continue to do so no matter what they do.

-We're in the bottom half of the league in available cap space.
-Year in and year out the team manages to the cap to allow for flexibility without mortgaging the future.
-This approach has resulted in the most gaudy win/loss % in league history since Brady stepped under center.

So what happens when a guy with 1 solid season walks? Shrill cries of "WE NEVER PAY OUR PLAYERS"

This fanbase is full of idiots who don't know how good of a thing we've got and why we have it.

That's exactly my thought they can give DA and Kyle Arrington BS contracts but lets give Edelman what "WE" think he's worth plus a ultamatum. If they really wanted they could have kept JE add a little more I bet you Brady is pissed I would be.

so continue to make contract mistakes. Pretty sure thats not going to win a superbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents