PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Easley may miss week or two with hip pointer

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RapSheet: Meanwhile, sounds like #Patriots dodged a bullet with DL Dominique Easley. He has a hip pointer, may just miss a week or two, I’m told.
I thought he was D. U.N. DUN!

No i think this was their 5th preseason game.
At the end they could ran the clock more and they didnt try hard to run the clock. As if bill wanted defense on the field. Give guy chance to tackle? maybe or maybe i am wrong
No...

At the end they could ran the clock more and they didnt try hard to run the clock.

Not that I can see. The first drive was thrown off course right away by a loss on first, so the Pats decided going for the first was better than simply running two times and giving up on the drive. The second time they had the first down easily with a better throw. It is also noteworthy that on the final drive they were using safe plays and running the game clock as much as possible.

After reading this forum, and some texts from my kids, I thought he must be dead.

I watched the game yesterday and saw him walking gingerly on the sideline and thought, "I hope that's a hip pointer." At least, he didn't look dead.

Hip pointers hurt like hell for a week or four...

The good news is, if it's just a hip pointer, well, that's a bruise, and recovery is 100%, I believe. Not like pulling a hammy or anything like that. When you're better, you're better.

My earlier comment was based on a different replay, where the guard threw Easley down and he bent awkwardly because he was already on one knee. Thankfully NBC wasn't right because that would not have been a pointer. :)

Wasn't expecting him anyways. Imo should be out next week vs. Jacksonville as well, that way he can go into the bye week and hopefully be fresh for the Dallas game.

Agreed. Jax and the bye (as well as the extra weekend since they played on Thursday) give Easley a great chance to heal up. No need to waste it by rushing him back.

Hope he gets back to full health quickly. I've had high hopes for the guy. He clearly has potential in the NFL.

Well, that was a much quicker return to practice than I had anticipated. Glad to see him out there.

Doubt he will play but good to see that he is back practicing even if it is limited a week later.

It's likely just a pain tolerance threshold issue for Easley at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST