PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Easley may miss week or two with hip pointer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent news. Sure he's made of glass...but it's semi-tempered glass.

That's a relief. I understand hip pointers are painful as hell but the way he walked off the field I thought his season was in jeopardy. We need this guy.

Yes one offensive failure on the swing pass translates into the defense giving up seven more points in garbage time. Makes a difference in the stats
Not only that, think of the Bookies who gave the Steelers 7.5 :D

The Pats failing on their last 2 drives to finish the game and letting the Steelers score on the last play in garbage time.

The first drive failure was annoying since it involved a blown up run and two incompletions. The second didn't bother me much because they ran nearly 4 minutes off the clock and it ended on an unforced error. Meaningless garbage time scores in season openers appears to be a Pittsburgh thing, so you can't get too upset out that either. :)

Good news on Easley.

Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko
This is exactly where Easley got hurt. Landed directly on his hip bone. twitter.com/PFF_Steve/stat…
---> Steve Palazzolo @PFF_Steve
---> Easley vs LG Ramon Foster, cuts of running lane, forces bounce out and RT Gilbert loses leverage and holds ... vine.co/v/eFbJdnDQZUJ

https://vine.co/v/eFbJdnDQZUJ
Nice work. Thank you for posting this.

Easley looks like a caged animal. Feeling sorry for the quarterback that plays him when he finally gets out.

Last edited:
We need that push up the middle. Good to hear

Had the Pats taken business on offense in one of those last 2 drives, it would have gone a long way to help on those defensive stats that we will all be following over the year.

Stats? Who cares about stats? Honestly, BB's probably happier that the stats don't look so great.

Thank f***ing god.

????? o_O ??????

ronjeremy010213_1359718470.jpg

BTW- the other 2 are: The Pats failing on their last 2 drives to finish the game and letting the Steelers score on the last play in garbage time. Had the Pats taken business on offense in one of those last 2 drives, it would have gone a long way to help on those defensive stats that we will all be following over the year.
No i think this was their 5th preseason game.
At the end they could ran the clock more and they didnt try hard to run the clock. As if bill wanted defense on the field. Give guy chance to tackle? maybe or maybe i am wrong

Last season, good or bad, he played some games and NFL games are stressful for the knees always so I consider that the last part of his recovery form the last knee surgery, and it was a redshirt year anyway so I don't take that IR with a lot of consideration, at that point I think BB wanted the roster spot instead of not geting a 100% Easley and risking a serious injury.

So I have high expectations, seeing him going down that way was really frustrating, I was already on the "anything we get from this guy is a bonus" mentality. Hopefully he is going to come back 100%.

@RapSheet: Meanwhile, sounds like #Patriots dodged a bullet with DL Dominique Easley. He has a hip pointer, may just miss a week or two, I’m told.
It sounds strange to say this about an injury, but that's great news.

Good timing with the BYE as well. Relieved.

The D-line needs one of Easily or C. Jones back ASAP. Be great to see them both out there again. This defense needs some gap rush, badly. Sometimes you just need your DTs to be able to bull rush the QB. Roethlisberger was way more comfortable in the pocket than any pro QB has a right to be.

Awesome! He looked like our most dominant DL before he went down. So great to have him back.

Yea. That Dallas O-line is a monster. They'll need their full compliment of players to make a dent in that thing.

Having someone to try and cover Dez Bryant will go a long way as well.

I imagine our scheme will be a lot like last night's game vs Roethlisberger, in terms of trying to contain (and not rush) Tony Romo.

I take this news with a grain of salt. I guess I remember too clearly how often players were day to day and didn't seem the field for weeks or months. Here's hoping the news is accurate.

Good timing with the BYE as well. Relieved.

Agreed. Have him miss 2 games; that plus the upcoming bye will give him 3 weeks recovery time- a comfortable margin.

that's so nice and a real relief...
good...

happy for 2 things : Easley not serious injury and for Vinci-Pennetta final at Us Open, BRAVE !!!

After reading this forum, and some texts from my kids, I thought he must be dead.

I watched the game yesterday and saw him walking gingerly on the sideline and thought, "I hope that's a hip pointer." At least, he didn't look dead.

Hip pointers hurt like hell for a week or four...

The good news is, if it's just a hip pointer, well, that's a bruise, and recovery is 100%, I believe. Not like pulling a hammy or anything like that. When you're better, you're better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST