PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone else feel a need to sign a veteran QB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder where Micheal Bishop is?
I thought that guy was gonna make it in the NFL.
I was a Bishop fan.
Trying to push Bledsoe out before Brady even got here.
Now you see the kind of Insight I have.

Cassel is now a two year veteran. If a veteran is brought in from the

outside, he has to be brought up to speed. I do think that this should

be the year to begin grooming a young quarterback. Guiterrez? Cassel

may leave after next year and it would be nice to have a young guy in

place.

BB obviously thinks well of Cassel. He's the backup. Meanwhile, the roster spot can be used to keep a developmental player. Ideally a young developmental QB should be the 3rd, possibly on the practise squad. Were Brady to get injured, THEN would be the time to sign a vet to back up Cassel should he in turn get his bells rung.

We already got one... Tom Brady.

Just wanted to comment that I feel Guiterrez was another Patriots "steal". I followed him a bit in his high school career in CA and feel if not for his injury in college (and subsequent transfer to a lower tier school), he might have been a 1st/2nd round draft choice.

Just wanted to comment that I feel Guiterrez was another Patriots "steal". I followed him a bit in his high school career in CA and feel if not for his injury in college (and subsequent transfer to a lower tier school), he might have been a 1st/2nd round draft choice.
It'll be interesting to see what they do with him, assuming they want to keep him I'm guessing they'll cut him and hope he makes it through waivers to go on the practice squad.

Let us suppose that Cassell were injured. How would everyone feel? You all have confidence that bb would find some scrub and we'd be fine. bb has taken this risk for years, and likely will for another three.

I like Gutierrez also. However, I have to think that if bb wanted a QB for the roster, he would have used one of the late round picks. The comp fifth and later is the time to take a chance on quarterbacks.

And yes, I would bring in the best veteran we could get. We used to have Grogan, Zolak, Huard and others.

Last edited:
Back then we were headed for disaster with Bledsoe.
We had no expectations of a superbowl, and nothing to loose with Brady.
Now were superbowl bound so the risk is completley different.

agreed, the situation is completely different.

In 2001 we were looking for any kind of improvement for future seasons, and yet expectations were far exceeded with a Super Bowl victory.

When Bledsoe went down, the 2001 season was supposed to a be much like the Celtics seasons of the past five years (a building year).

This year the Pats will need to put a plan in place to win the Super Bowl even without Brady.

Tim Rattay may be the guy. I don't think anyone would trust Jake Plummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back