PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anybody Realize that the Patriots Will have a top 10 pick this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AJ Green, Allen Bailey and Mark Ingram are possibilities with that Raider pick. Knowing Bill he will probably go with a DE with our first pick.

While I think that building up the trenches and the front seven should be top priority in the draft, I would LOVE to see Mark Ingram in a Pats uniform. Dude's a beast.

Pretty good, Gronk and Hernandez have already been real positives, McCourty is holding his own.....unless you mean the 2011 Draft? ;)

In that case, very very good. The first round looks tremendously strong, which bodes well for the following seven.

Ruh oh, I forgot what year it is.

If the first rnd looks good, that is fantastic.

2012 is still our year.

While I think that building up the trenches and the front seven should be top priority in the draft, I would LOVE to see Mark Ingram in a Pats uniform. Dude's a beast.

having a flashy adrian peterson-type running back has never been a part of the patriot way. if BJGE can do a solid job, then you know bill will go defense. we never replaced seymour and allen bailey is a freak who can play a 3-4. what i don't want to see this year is when it's the pats turn, "the patriots trade the 5th pick in the draft to team ___________ for a 2nd rounder and a 1st rounder in next year's draft."

i'm allready excited too about next year draft but i hope that next april we will make the picks

having a flashy adrian peterson-type running back has never been a part of the patriot way. if BJGE can do a solid job, then you know bill will go defense. we never replaced seymour and allen bailey is a freak who can play a 3-4. what i don't want to see this year is when it's the pats turn, "the patriots trade the 5th pick in the draft to team ___________ for a 2nd rounder and a 1st rounder in next year's draft."

Thanks for letting me know that you haven't watched Mark Ingram this or last season. "Flashy" does not describe him in the very least.

Last edited:

To show you how good he is.
YouTube - Mark Ingram
To show you how he is a patriot player
YouTube - 8/20 - Mark Ingram
YouTube - Mark Ingram Wins the 2009 Heisman Trophy and speech

It would be an honor watching him in a pats uni he plays with heart

2011 New England Patriots Hypothetical First Round Draft :D

ROUND, #
1, 7 from Oakland - traded to Washington for 2011 1st round (#20) and 2011 2nd round (#52) and 2012 second round pick
1, 20 from Washington - traded to Baltimore for 2011 1st round (#30), 2011 2nd rounder (#60), and 2011 4th (#112)
1, 26 Own pick- some defensive lineman from a Big East school
1, 30 from Baltimore - some offensive lineman from some school nobody's ever seen on TV
:D

To show you how good he is.
YouTube - Mark Ingram
To show you how he is a patriot player
YouTube - 8/20 - Mark Ingram
YouTube - Mark Ingram Wins the 2009 Heisman Trophy and speech

It would be an honor watching him in a pats uni he plays with heart

i never said ingram was a bad player, but what makes you and kontradiction think BB is all of a sudden going to go for him with our defense the way it is? it's not realistic for a team with our needs. BB was after tyson jackson a few years ago because he knew seymour was gone and still have not replaced him. gerard warren is nice for a year, but there is a huge hole at DE right now. by calling ingram "flashy," i simply meant a guy who will put up big numbers as an RB like adrian peterson. that's really not patriot football. bill will be much happier with a guy who will eat up yards and kill the clock, so long as our defense is doing its job.

last year we could have taken an impact offensive player like dez bryant or demaryus thomas, but bill went with defense since that is a our biggest weakness. this team can put points on the board, it's a question of if we can stop the other team from doing so. i would love ingram too, but what would be the point of getting him and still going another year with a defense like this? if the patriots can trade for a pass rusher and a DE who can stop the run before the draft, it's another story.

Last edited:
Wow! This thread has seen some of the worst posts I can recall on this board.
Some of this stuff is just utter garbage.
Everyone realizes that we have the Raiders pick and have since before last season started.
And BB trades up too when he see's value.
Where is that ignore button?

Agreed. Don't think it would happen, but we would be set at RB for years.

I don't want to really focus on next year tjust yet, but if there is a rookie cap look for the Pats to make a lot of moves up in the draft. The Pats draft for value and with a rookie cap, trading up and not down represents the value. Gambling on a future franchise player with $10 million in guarantees is a far better bet than betting on that same player with $50 million in guarantees.

i never said ingram was a bad player, but what makes you and kontradiction think BB is all of a sudden going to go for him with our defense the way it is?

I mentioned in another thread that, while I would love Ingram, I don't think we're going to go for him. I think the first few picks will be used on O-Line and the front seven. However, I think BB will be intrigued. Talk about a guy that can be the workhorse, franchise running back well into the future. Ingram will be that guy.

by calling ingram "flashy," i simply meant a guy who will put up big numbers as an RB like adrian peterson. that's really not patriot football. bill will be much happier with a guy who will eat up yards and kill the clock, so long as our defense is doing its job.

There isn't going to be a running back in this coming draft who eat up yards and kill the clock. On top of that, with this offense transforming the way it is, if you don't think Belichick is going to be happy with a 1,000 yard rusher, then you have another thing coming.

last year we could have taken an impact offensive player like dez bryant or demaryus thomas, but bill went with defense since that is a our biggest weakness. this team can put points on the board, it's a question of if we can stop the other team from doing so. i would love ingram too, but what would be the point of getting him and still going another year with a defense like this? if the patriots can trade for a pass rusher and a DE who can stop the run before the draft, it's another story.

While I don't think we're going to draft him, it's certainly possible that we COULD get him and still draft for defense. This team has two first round picks and two second round picks. Not only can Belichick move DOWN in the draft, he can also move up. That's how many picks we have.

Wow! This thread has seen some of the worst posts I can recall on this board.
Some of this stuff is just utter garbage.
Everyone realizes that we have the Raiders pick and have since before last season started.
And BB trades up too when he see's value.
Where is that ignore button?

that will all depend on the new CBA and whether there is a rookie salary cap. BB doesn't always trade down - we took seymour 9th overall.

Well we better start loosing then...

Last edited:
I am so excited for next years draft. I don't get why everybody is down on this moss trade. The pats will have a TOP 10 pick this year! just think about that. A playoff team will have a chance at a first year playmaker as well as 7 other picks in the first 4 rounds!...

If they make the playoffs great.. if they don't, get ready for some GOOD football the next 6 years until brady and belichick leave together. I'm excited as you can see.

Wow!
The Patriots got a top 10 pick for Moss? Holy Cow! That's terrific!
I had thought that they already had a high pick from Oakland, and had Randy Moss for this season. I had thought the Moss trade was unrelated to whatever picks they had for next season. But this is great!

BB has enough picks in first 4 rounds to move around (up or down) to get just about whichever player(s) he targets. To sit back and second guess him is ridiculous. He'll play the 2011 draft like a symphony.

IMHO there is no way that he uses ALL the picks. He'll combine some to move up and he'll trade at least one, maybe more, out into next year for a higher pick in 2012.

The team already has a ton of rookies and second year guys developing on the roster, so to think that there will be another 8 or 10 youngsters make it is almost insane. Trade a pick or 2 for a good veteran CB and DE. Bodden will be back next season to help shore up the DB position and the kids will have another year under their belt. Ty Warren should be back next year if all goes well.

Keep the best of Whilhite,Wheatley,Arrington and draft a top CB.

Is Sanders in next year's plans? Can Sergio Brown develop enough to break into the 53?

Sign a veteran RB or draft one early day 2. Taylor,Morris,Faulk are probably on their way out. Maybe Faulk has one more year. BJGE is going to get around 4 yds /carry the way he's going.

Connolly is developing nicely.Get what we can for Mankins as he isn't in BB's plans for the future I'm sure. I don't see BB groveling like Ryan did for Revis.
Draft an OL in Rd 3. Use Rds 1 and 2 for DL,LB,CB.

JMHO :cool:

I mentioned in another thread that, while I would love Ingram, I don't think we're going to go for him. I think the first few picks will be used on O-Line and the front seven. However, I think BB will be intrigued. Talk about a guy that can be the workhorse, franchise running back well into the future. Ingram will be that guy.

There isn't going to be a running back in this coming draft who eat up yards and kill the clock. On top of that, with this offense transforming the way it is, if you don't think Belichick is going to be happy with a 1,000 yard rusher, then you have another thing coming.

While I don't think we're going to draft him, it's certainly possible that we COULD get him and still draft for defense. This team has two first round picks and two second round picks. Not only can Belichick move DOWN in the draft, he can also move up. That's how many picks we have.

2011 NFL Draft class is LOADED with excellent prospects, especially in the top 32.

Mark Ingram (RB), VonMiller (DE/OLB), Cameron Hayward (DE), Adrian Clayborn (DE), Allen Bailey (DE), AJGreen (WR), Jon Baldwin (WR), Julio Jones (WR)...

With the Rookie cap, and the Patriots multiple draft picks in the early rounds, they can "potentially" load-up for the next 5yrs and fill important positions (WR,RB,DE)..

Wow!
The Patriots got a top 10 pick for Moss? Holy Cow! That's terrific!
I had thought that they already had a high pick from Oakland, and had Randy Moss for this season. I had thought the Moss trade was unrelated to whatever picks they had for next season. But this is great!

Yes, didn't you know? If the Raiders' pick doesn't end up in the top 10, we get Moss back and the last 13 weeks of the season are done over again! I'm glad some astute posters are pointing out these details that were lost on everyone else.

The last two years- years without Pioli, BB has drafted about 60/40 in favor of defense in the top 4 rounds. Specifically in the top two rounds it's been almost all D (75%) except Vollmer in 09' and Gronk in 10', both taken in the 2nd.

So IF BB follows his tendencies of the last two years, there will be one O player taken in the first two rounds. If I had to guess, I'd expect something like this:

1st (Oak) Def DE
1St (NE) Def OLB

2nd (Car) Off OL or RB
2nd (NE) Def OLB or CB

The thing with BB is just when you say he won't do something, he does. Assuming we have all of these picks come April, it'll be interesting to see what he then does with two the 3rds and two 4ths. He'll probably use them to shift around the board, pick up a couple of players, pick up another pick for the current draft and trade one or two into the future... which amounts to about 6-7 picks. But that's how BB works, an that's why we typically have about 180% more draft picks than at least 29 or 30 other teams on draft day. If the draft is top heavy and a rookie salary cap is in place, expect at least one of the 3rds to turn into a 2012 2nd, and the cycle continues. If Mankins trades for a second, expect both 3rds to go to 2012 2nds.

It is possible to enjoy the season now and still look forward to the upcoming draft simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST