PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you hate "Mangenius" as much as I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MangIdiot's kindof like Eddie from Leave it to Beaver - the kid who would bend or break the rules himself and then waste no time tattleing on another kid for doing the same thing... especially if he thinks he can get some advantage out of it.

Yeahhhhh... Eddie Haskel (sp?).. NICE..... almost fell off my chair there, but also a pretty good comparison!

Hey, we don't want him in NH.

:yeahthat: For real..... Rats don't do that well in this state... bigger game tend to eat 'em. I get the point of the post, but let's ship him somewhere else... SUNY Bing, maybe?

I am convinced that Mantitty was not qualified/is not qualified to be a head coach. I give credit to the stolen laptop he pilfered out of Gillette for his first year success. It is my understanding that this laptop contained both the team database and analysis of league opponents. His record suffered in year two without the Patriots data base.
That being said, the real question with regards to the Jests is....how has GM Tannenbaum kept his job. Last year, the defensive personel was illsuited for the scheme the coach preferred. This year, he has opened the check book in order to cover his ass from the poor drafting in the first round. Robertson and Vilma are gone, high priced free agents are have arrived. The QB situation has resulted in a big ticket/short term solution. The Tangini combo is clearly in "preservation of jobs" mode and a poor 2008 could lead to firings at the top.

... Although neither side will ever say anything publicly, it does seem like Belichick and Mangini had a gentleman's agreement possibly regarding the circumstances in which Mangini would move up and on... likely a non-compete within the Division. But apparently Mangini broke whatever word he gave, and it seemed clear that Belichick was displeased to see him take inside information to a division rival. Whatever the reason BB and Mangini's relationship got a bit colder over that move alone. It seemed at that point it was clear that Mangini's word could not be trusted. ...

He snuck outa town like a rat leaving Gillette through the sewer - trying to steal competitive information.

Dimitroff walked head high outa the front door.

If there was a gentleman's agreement he coulda been walking alongside Dimitroff and now be the head coach in Atlanta.

Because of Dimitroff (and his draft pick Matt Ryan) I am actually rooting for the Falcons - like a second child.

The RAT blew all of that. Who do you think will be better over the next 5 years - the Falcons or the Jets. Top to bottom the Falcons are a class organization. Can't say that for the Jets

I'll be the first to admit that ManRat does try to mimic the way BB does things.

Like on so many other things, he fails, and here's the difference.

BB won't answer questions, or gives vague answers like "yes, player Y has alot to learn, but so does everbody this time of year". Or, somebody will ask him "are you going after player X in free agency, and BB will say "I'm not telling you", in so many words.

ManRat handles those things always like a little snake that is lying, but is not good at it. Perfect example, before they obtained Farvre, ManPuke was asked if they were going after him. He answered something like 'We're happy with all the QBs we have on the team'. And then he kept repeating it, but wouldn't answer with either "I'm not telling you", or "No Comment", or something like that. He had to be all cute, and tricky, and sleazy. Then when somebody said, 'have you had conversations about Brett Favre or not?". He said something stupid like "that is an in-house situation that needs to stay in the family', something pathetic. It was the kind of answer coaches give with internal discipline issues, or drug issues.

It totally didn't fit here, but he once again came across as a pathetic idiot! Oh, and right after they did obtain Favre of course they released one of the QBs that they were so happy with. He's a born liar, but the whole room knows he's lying. Sad to watch the man.

Last edited:
I am convinced that Mantitty was not qualified/is not qualified to be a head coach. I give credit to the stolen laptop he pilfered out of Gillette for his first year success. It is my understanding that this laptop contained both the team database and analysis of league opponents. His record suffered in year two without the Patriots data base.
Ironically he's not a very good thief either. All that information would have been far more useful if he had not made it so obvious that he was stealing it. All he had to do was buy another laptop - he can afford it on his salary - and copy all the info from the Pats laptop to his new laptop. The information he stole would have been much more valuable if nobody knew that he took it with him on his way out the door.

I don't like Eric Mangini, and that's because he is the coach for the Jets. Period. End of question, because, honestly, the degree I like a player or coach is predicated solely on the color of the laundry they wear on Sunday. And when sports fans admit this, and stop bashing players and coaches for any other reason, the world of sports will be infinitely better.

I'd love to see the Jets fail this season and for Mangini to be forever affiliated with Brett Favre's failed return.

Last edited:
I don't like Eric Mangini, and that's because he is the coach for the Jets. Period. End of question, because, honestly, the degree I like a player or coach is predicated solely on the color of the laundry they wear on Sunday. And when sports fans admit this, and stop bashing players and coaches for any other reason, the world of sports will be infinitely better.

Nice sentiment - but total BS

Where's the next AA meeting?

I bet he wont be throwing any phones into the sides of SUVs this year....

===========================================================
Great Idea for a thread.:blahblah:

I rather see Mangini in Oregon then stuck in Wisconsin.:rolleyes:

Don't be such a hater.:cool:

naw, I don't hate the guy. I would be happy to take "FREDO" fishing anyday.:singing:

I hope that P.O.S. gets the worst case of jungle crotch rot ever recorded, and is administered a full-cavity search with a sports lens.

I hate Girlgini and the Rats. Simple as that.

Bad Coach, Bad Fans, Bad Team, Bad Football, Bad Stadium, and it all plays out in a a BAD state.

Sorry NJ, it is what it is.

Bad Coach, Bad Fans, Bad Team, Bad Football, Bad Stadium, and it all plays out in a a BAD state.

Sorry NJ, it is what it is.

But without New Jersey we would never have those great Kevin Smith films.

I don't like the guy because he's a rat. Also, I dont think that he'll have an easy time finding another job after the Jets get rid of him.

The whole Man"Genius" nickname really rubs me the wrong way too. :mad:

Yap yap yap, another Jerts fan complaining about a post by a Pats fan on a Pats fan board.

There's a reason you don't see me on Jerts boards - i.e., because I hate the Jerts.

And a Jerts fan calling ME a hater? Pot, meet kettle... :rolleyes:

================================================

Actually I took more offense to the Idea that Mangini in Oregon would be like being sent to Iran, a little sensitive I am about My home state.

Now carry on, this thread has actually made me laugh with some of the creative responses.:)

================================================

Actually I took more offense to the Idea that Mangini in Oregon would be like being sent to Iran, a little sensitive I am about My home state.

Now carry on, this thread has actually made me laugh with some of the creative responses.:)

I am quite amused as well. The part that makes me laugh the most, is that they speak of Mangini being an idiot, yet they're always so concerned with everything he does. It's kind of like how everyone was raving about Vernon Gholston on this site, and then as soon as Mangini drafted him he was definitely gonna be a bust and it was a bad pick.

I am quite amused as well. The part that makes me laugh the most, is that they speak of Mangini being an idiot, yet they're always so concerned with everything he does. It's kind of like how everyone was raving about Vernon Gholston on this site, and then as soon as Mangini drafted him he was definitely gonna be a bust and it was a bad pick.

There was a lot of debate about Gholston - a lot of cold feet from fans at the prospect he might be there at #7 and that we'd pull the trigger on him.

Like anyone, who knows what the truth will be - if both Gholston and Mayo are good or great, advantage Patriots for paying less. If both Gholston and Mayo tank, advantage the Patriots for paying less.

Right now it looks like both teams made good picks (actually I don't know how good Gholston's looked). Its all a bit of a crap shoot though.

It's not Eric the Rat; it's the JETS that are the hated. Me, a longtime Jets hater since the Namath era. The Tuner Bowl era was great for the rivalry except that Pete "The Poodle" Carroll would like, LOSE to the hated Jets. Then we owned them. Sure, Eric with his stolen playbook eeked out a W against the modern era Pats but that was a fluke. Now with Lord Faaavrrre they's perceived by the football universe as a credible threat again. Gotta luv the Jets wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call