PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Play Malik please.....!!!

Surprised No Way GIF by Laff

Big No .... rather see Grier ... he actually is mobile.
Maybe they already know ... but some fans want to see him.
At this point if Grier was an option he'd be given an opportunity. Just for entertainment purposes let Malik play..

throw him out there we have nothin to lose

Absolutely not. Rotate Jones and Zappe on a per play basis, and if one does complete a pass then pull him and put the other in. Same deal goes for him, complete a pass, get yanked. Then go with 3 TE’s and Strange at RB and Onwenu at FB. Try to limit gains to under 2 yards per play.

Defensively they are playing too good. Last week was a real scare. I really thought they might have to put Mac in for the last drive, which would have cemented the loss. This week they need to rest the starters, as there is no sense in overworking them this season. Let the kids play.

Follow this formula for the next month, then have the bus break down for the Jets game, even if it’s at home. And forfeit it and go golfing. The #1overall is within their reach, they just need to stay the course and be disciplined.

@sb1 ...

Even McCourty was saying patriots should play Malik that there is no sense to continue to play Zapp.
Right, Zappe and Mac are one and the same. It’s a lost cause with those two.

Malik brings something neither has which is potential playmaking ability.

We have had to watch week in, And week out. There is no more we need to see from Zappe or Mac at this point. Why Bill won't play Cunningham is just another mystery upon another lost season.

I know he isn't a finished product, But allow the guy to play he can't be any worse than what we have already seen from the QB position this season. He's an athlete at the position, he's more of what the NFL is these days. He's not a wide Receiver in my opinion, he's an athlete that can throw the ball. He would give some excitement and at least something to cheer for.

I know Bill won't do it he has to pretend he's trying to win games the rest of the way.

I just wanted to post something for the fan experience.
Why? What do you expect the Patriots to get out of it? He's not a franchise QB, maybe a developmental backup/gadget guy? The worst case would be playing him and he runs all over the place doing just enough for the Patriots to get a win. That in itself would be a huge loss for the franchise. This season is toast. We as fans know what the team is and they as coaches know what they have in all the players. Just go through the motions and get the team to the offseason to figure out the future.

Nah, I'm not interested in seeing Cunningham.

Right, Zappe and Mac are one and the same. It’s a lost cause with those two.

Malik brings something neither has which is potential playmaking ability.
Exactly. People have stuck in their heads about a pocket passer. Yes of course passing from the pocket is important, but you need to be able to have athletic ability, to improvise, imagine what say Justin fields would be able to do. When a QB can run around everyone is open.

Why? What do you expect the Patriots to get out of it? He's not a franchise QB, maybe a developmental backup/gadget guy? The worst case would be playing him and he runs all over the place doing just enough for the Patriots to get a win. That in itself would be a huge loss for the franchise. This season is toast. We as fans know what the team is and they as coaches know what they have in all the players. Just go through the motions and get the team to the offseason to figure out the future.

Nah, I'm not interested in seeing Cunningham.
Did you read the part of entertaining purposes?... the franchise has already had a huge loss. Malik was given a record contract for and unproven undrafted player. They have a plan for him. I'm my opinion WR isn't it. He's got pure athletic ability so he should be on the field in any capacity. Unless you like what you see and feel like we don't need an athlete on the field. There are a large majority of fans, season ticket holders that just want to be entertained for once.. Malik would st least give us that and he could gain experience at the same time. Again this will never happen Bill cares to much about the optics to play him. It's just a fan experience nothing more.

Just as a reminder, Malik ran 20.99mph at the Senior Bowl which is the 5th fastest recorded speed in the game and all practices for all players (though not as a ball carrier per typical NFL NextGenStats), so he's got some speed... That being said, I'm guessing that was sadly after he threw a pick and tried unsuccessfully to catch the guy before the "Six".

Also in the news : trash recognize trash

Did you read the part of entertaining purposes?... the franchise has already had a huge loss. Malik was given a record contract for and unproven undrafted player. They have a plan for him. I'm my opinion WR isn't it. He's got pure athletic ability so he should be on the field in any capacity. Unless you like what you see and feel like we don't need an athlete on the field. There are a large majority of fans, season ticket holders that just want to be entertained for once.. Malik would st least give us that and he could gain experience at the same time. Again this will never happen Bill cares to much about the optics to play him. It's just a fan experience nothing more.
I get what your saying. It's just the season has been brutal and all the QB talk is exhausting. They all suck and to me there is no difference. The Pats need a franchise QB, all the shuffling is just delaying the inevitable. The Zappe intrigue is even worse though, we know who he is.

I get what your saying. It's just the season has been brutal and all the QB talk is exhausting. They all suck and to me there is no difference. The Pats need a franchise QB, all the shuffling is just delaying the inevitable. The Zappe intrigue is even worse though, we know who he is.
I also get what your say also. I wasn't digging st your post. I'm in agreement with all you said. I was just posting something for US The fans. Yes it's been miserable this season, I'd say worse than we could have imagined. But you know something it's like a forest fire.. gotta let it burn in order for organizational change with this team and it's direction. For as little as Bill gives to the media.. he cares very much about optics is the only reason he won't play Malik.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back