PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Caleb Williams would turn this team around FAST. The Case for Tanking

Sam Bam Cunningham

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score

This guy is amazing. Fast, elusive, rocket arm, throws from many different angles. He is Mahomes on steroids. Maybe a bit smaller than Mahomes.
Will give NFL defenses fits.
For those who want to see Pats in a super bowl again in the next decade..this guy is the answer.
TANK TANK TANK..dream big.
There is no good that will come out of winning any more games this season.

Covert tanking involves selling off capable players by tomorrow...Uche, Mac, Henry, Duggar, JuJu and playing Jags in their place.
Your new starting QB BAILEY ZAPPE with Malik Cunningham at backup. That gives us a real shot at franchise altering Caleb.

I do not want to hear that this is not BB's way. he got us into this mess

Last edited:
He has an edge to him that should scare and excite you. He could either be a problem or a great leader. If the Patriots are fortunate enough to land him you can’t pass him up obviously.

I don’t think it’s happening, these team will eek out 5/6 wins and are probably going OT

Let me guess, are you asking Belichick to tank and then also firing him before he sees the benefits from that tanking?
This. I was thinking about this the other day and even if you could get BB to do it, no way he would do so without assurances that he'll be back. I'd like to have someone new come in like most here and start over. BB will get a job if he wants it, and it will be fun to follow his new team as well. I also like the idea of drafting an OL or the best WR available and keeping Mac one more year to build this thing in 2-3 years. If you get the overall draft pick then go for a QB, but if we stay at #4 keep Mac

Let me guess, are you asking Belichick to tank and then also firing him before he sees the benefits from that tanking?

Guess Robert could just tell Bill he's just trying to do what's best for the team.

This guy is amazing. Fast, elusive, rocket arm, throws from many different angles. He is Mahomes on steroids. Maybe a bit smaller than Mahomes.
For those who want to see Pats in a super bowl again in the next decade..this guy is the answer.

Covert tanking involves selling off capable players by tomorrow...Uche, Mac, Henry, Duggar, JuJu and playing Jags in their place.
Your new starting QB BAILEY ZAPPE with Malik Cunningham at backup. That gives us a real shot at franchise altering Caleb.

I was liking him a lot too, but some of the stuff that I've heard lately makes it seem like he's a bit of a tool

Nobody is turning this team around with this offense. All the good college QB's have weapons and a solid offensive line. They are going to go up against better opponents in the NFL and not have any of the advantages they have in college over here.

Kid has BUST written all over him. Especially with his demand that he wants a portion of team ownership..

Look at the top QBs in the league. not all of them were top 5 picks in the draft. thats why tanking for 1 player seems be highly unpredictable. Even Trevor lawerence- while he is good, i dont see him giving peyton manning vibes yet.

Look at the top QBs in the league. not all of them were top 5 picks in the draft. thats why tanking for 1 player seems be highly unpredictable. Even Trevor lawerence- while he is good, i dont see him giving peyton manning vibes yet.
The top 5 QB's have good situations around them. Until the Patriots figure out that, they aren't going to ever draft a top QB

There are no sure things when it comes to drafting QB's. This kid is more likely to be another Kyler Murry or Baker Mayfield than a player that can bring the Pats back to super bowl contention. Wasting a season is too much of an investment and creates a losing culture. I would rather see the team invest in a talented roster while trying to find the next QB than reach for someone who seems to have a me first attitude and does not have NFL size.

Caleb has a cannon for an arm ... even off balance and back foot.
strong and quick that much is evident ... enjoyable to watch him.
As for the rest I will leave it to those more knowledgeable ... I haven't the time to analyze.

There are no sure things when it comes to drafting QB's. This kid is more likely to be another Kyler Murry or Baker Mayfield than a player that can bring the Pats back to super bowl contention. Wasting a season is too much of an investment and creates a losing culture. I would rather see the team invest in a talented roster while trying to find the next QB than reach for someone who seems to have a me first attitude and does not have NFL size.
There's other talented QB's in next years draft, doesn't have to be him. Maybe they draft a top-of-the-line receiver first round and find a QB in the second, who knows, going to be an interesting offseason.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back