PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Play Malik please.....!!!

Real fan 02

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
We have had to watch week in, And week out. There is no more we need to see from Zappe or Mac at this point. Why Bill won't play Cunningham is just another mystery upon another lost season.

I know he isn't a finished product, But allow the guy to play he can't be any worse than what we have already seen from the QB position this season. He's an athlete at the position, he's more of what the NFL is these days. He's not a wide Receiver in my opinion, he's an athlete that can throw the ball. He would give some excitement and at least something to cheer for.

I know Bill won't do it he has to pretend he's trying to win games the rest of the way.

I just wanted to post something for the fan experience.

We have had to watch week in, And week out. There is no more we need to see from Zappe or Mac at this point. Why Bill won't play Cunningham is just another mystery upon another lost season.

I know he isn't a finished product, But allow the guy to play he can't be any worse than what we have already seen from the QB position this season. He's an athlete at the position, he's more of what the NFL is these days. He's not a wide Receiver in my opinion, he's an athlete that can throw the ball. He would give some excitement and at least something to cheer for.

I know Bill won't do it he has to pretend he's trying to win games the rest of the way.

I just wanted to post something for the fan experience.
Oh God, Its like re-living Bledsoe v Bishop all over again!!!! the horrors!!!! bishop and that stupid hail mary made drews life miserable lol...

loop scream GIF

But sure, if Cunningham is up to the task, I'm game to see what he has...

Last edited:
If we see him at all it will be at WR.

Last edited:
The Pats want this guy to be a WR or a gadget player like Patterson was a number of years ago. I don't think they ever intend to play him as a QB except of some gadget plays here and there. I tend to doubt we will ever see him as the starting QB.

Remember when Newton looked like crap and Bill wouldn't play Stidhim. Yeah, that sucked

It's impossible to score negative points, right? So I can't imagine Malik would be too much worse than Zappe scoring zero. I suppose zero points AND a bunch of interceptions would be objectively worse, but it's not like the season is at risk or anything.

Remember when Newton looked like crap and Bill wouldn't play Stidhim. Yeah, that sucked
Bill wouldn't start* Stidham. He had 4 relief appearances for Cam (1 in a blowout win for the Pats) much like Zap this year.

Playing Malik is announcing the tank is on.
If Edelman was still around would he be a real option at starting?

Why not? It's not as if sitting the other qb's for a few plays is a big sacrifice.

Would love to see it but I guess the team has decided he's a WR project so I'm not expecting it.
I know.. it's just a post for the fan experience.. trust and believe if he got put in the game and started running around, making throws and the offense somehow looked like such.. you'd see this board going bonkers.. strictly entertaining purposes.. what else do we have left right? LOL

Playing Malik is announcing the tank is on.
If Edelman was still around would he be a real option at starting?
And that is exactly why Bill won't play him. We'll see Mack again before Malik gets a shot.

Oh God, Its like re-living Bledsoe v Bishop all over again!!!! the horrors!!!! bishop and that stupid hail mary made drews life miserable lol...

loop scream GIF

But sure, if Cunningham is up to the task, I'm game to see what he has...
Pape.. we know Bill won't play him save for a trick play here or there. However I'd just love to see him behind center.. off..scripted plays, running pass,away from defenders.. showing his athletic ability.. for the life of the fan giving us something to cheer for.... it's just for entertaining purposes of course.. but why not right...

Surprised No Way GIF by Laff

Big No .... rather see Grier ... he actually is mobile.
Maybe they already know ... but some fans want to see him.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back