PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

do you expect more Pats fans or Giants fans at the Super Bowl ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have Jets fans who have probably crossed lines by now and are rooting for their 'new' New York team.

ain't that the truth? i live in NYC and i'm disgusted by the Jets fans, who hate the giants normally, who are now cheering for them. if the giants were playing anybody but the pats, true jets fans would be cheering hard against the other new york team.

Well i have been living here in AZ for about 2 1/2 years and can say i have met more transplanted New Yorkers than Bostonians. I say 2 to 1.

2 to 1 would be not so bad as, overall, also the 'neutral' fans should root for NYG

(as in 2001 the 'neutral' fans were, imho, with us and against STL)

SB 38: Approx. 70% Pats fans - 30% Carolina fans; SB 39: Approx. 65 %Eagles fans - 35% Pats fans.

Because of the historical significance of a potential N.E. perfect season, I think that will increase a modest amount of the Pats % and decrease the potential Giants total. Therefore, I think SB 42: Approx. 60% Giants fans - 40% Pats fans.

I was lucky enough to go to SB39 in Jacksonville, and it was about a 4-1 ratio of Eagles fans to Pats fans, and the vast majority of the Pats fans were wearing Red Sox gear instead of Pats gear.

I had groups of Eagles fans pass me by and ask where all the Pats fans were. At least on game day the fan ratio was closer to even.

I think one reason is that a trip to the SB is an expensive proposition, and the fact that the Pats had been in the bowl just a year before had fans not wanting to outlay the cash again so soon, whereas the Eagles fans had their first SB appearance to attend. I heard of people in Philly mortgaging their houses for tickets to the game, and groups of Eagles fans could be seen on many street corners with signs begging for tickets.

I suspect the possibility of seeing the culmination of a 19-0 season will bring more Pats fans to the game this time around.

Giants fans, 3:1 IMO.

...a lot of money among that season ticket base...

Giants fans, 3:1 IMO.

...a lot of money among that season ticket base...

But who wants to spend all that money to watch their team lose? The line opened up at 12.5 and hasn't moved much. The Pats beat the Giants on the road while resting half their offensive line and and using High School Playbook. Even their most ardent fans think they only have a small CHANCE at winning the game.

My expectation is lots of Giants fans is Arizona, not a lot of Giant fans willing to drop the cash on the game.

Traveling anywhere for a game gets to be expensive regardless.

For this week's game, I had $200 tix, $300 rt flight, $100 a night hotel (5 stars in Providence, yahoo! very nice) and lots of beer, food, etc., $200, $70 for a rental car (the Ford HHR, one of the poorest designs imaginable, no wonder Ford is hurting, tons of headroom, and yet I have to crouch down to see out the window? wha?), $100 for a base layer of thermal clothing, not to mention travel incidentals, tips, etc.

$1200 for 48 hours to see the AFCCG.

Yikes!

Traveling anywhere for a game gets to be expensive regardless.

For this week's game, I had $200 tix, $300 rt flight, $100 a night hotel (5 stars in Providence, yahoo! very nice) and lots of beer, food, etc., $200, $70 for a rental car (the Ford HHR, one of the poorest designs imaginable, no wonder Ford is hurting, tons of headroom, and yet I have to crouch down to see out the window? wha?), $100 for a base layer of thermal clothing, not to mention travel incidentals, tips, etc.

$1200 for 48 hours to see the AFCCG.

Yikes!

quite a lot; anyway when i saw in London NYG-MIA i spent (at the end) a lot too

It'll probably be roughly the same ratio as it was in the first meeting. More Giants fans, but you could certainly hear the pats fans in the meadowlands when something happened.

Do you mean at the game or hanging around during the week? If at the game, I expect about a 50/50 mix, milling around 90/10 Giants fans; how many of those turds can afford tickets? It will be just like the Patriots/Eagles Super Bowl, remember how many of those ****bum Eagles fans were in Jacksonville but did not have tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST