PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ditka: "If I knew Smith's guarantee bothered the Pats so much..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditka's right - we should treat our revenge as business as usual. Enough of this jumping up and sticking our fingers into peoples faces. I'm sure BB is telling the boys this too.

It's hard (almost impossible) not to get emotionally involved when there's such a storm of criticism and praise and everyone's targeting you, but better men will rise above and stay strong and silent. I don't think you'll see anymore of what's happened with guys like Rodney (Billick) and Tom (Smith) the rest of the way.

On another topic, why does everybody on here get so up in arms about a member of the media if he says something critical. Ditka has said a lot of stupid things in his time, but he's said some smart things too. On Primetime (?) he said that the Pats have a running game - it's their short passing game. It does everything a running game does. It brings the defense up and a two-step pump fake is the same as play action.

I said before that Brady should be the default team PR guy. They way he defended Moss was elequent. I would love to hear what he said to Smith.

Asked what he said to Smith at the post-game PC, Brady said "I can't tell you. My mother would be upset." Brady is well known for what shall we say, salty language.

It is called jealously. Besides what right does ditka have to pop off about anything when his dumb team did that stupid super bowl shuffle

Ditka's right - we should treat our revenge as business as usual. Enough of this jumping up and sticking our fingers into peoples faces. I'm sure BB is telling the boys this too.

I see your point, but I doubt it in this case. BB even got IN on the talking in his post game presser. After two more lackluster performances, I'm sure he was glad to see the team so fiery. I know I sure as hell was.

Last edited:
Re: Ditka:"If i knew smith's gurantee bothered the pats so much.."

Mort's reaction was classic. "You know the Pats won coach?"

From a guy who, after the first hint of a negative story surfaced, just dissolved a charity foundation for former players so fast you would have thought the building it was housed in was on fire one has to wonder where his credibility comes from to make any comments about anyone.

Ditka is just an effin' idiot...plain and simple. What a ******.

So he didnt like the way they reacted when throwing it back in the face of a big mouth nobody? Really wtf is this guy talking about, the patriots were not the ones talking off the field, they did their talking on the field with good solid play and he does not like that?:confused:

I guess maybe the pats should of instead of practicing all week for the game, they should of went and made a song proclaiming to be superbowl champs already like the full of class Ditka Bears! Really Mr. Ditka please shut your ignorant no nothing a@@ and stop robbing people of donated money, it's pretty clear your biased hate of this team shines threw your iq of nothing so please shut the hell up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft