PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeVante Parker reached an agreement on a 3-year new contract worth up to $33M

Has any team in the history of the NFL got better by extending a contract of a player already contracted to the team?
2022NE3153917.43
31 catches, 539 yards, 3 td's. Lowest stats in a while.

2022NE3153917.43
31 catches, 539 yards, 3 td's. Lowest stats in a while.
the 2022 offense was such a **** show i'm not sure judging from it is fair. Most players were worse last year than the year before.

the 2022 offense was such a **** show i'm not sure judging from it is fair. Most players were worse last year than the year before.
Wasn't that with a DC and ST's guy calling plays?? Talk about trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. :rolleyes:

Pretty good deal, actually. He might not be as consistent or as good as Hopkins, but for a wide receiver 2, that's an extremely team friendly financial structure.

How does Parker go from 3 for $33M to 2 to $10M but $14M guaranteed?

It never was $14M guaranteed. See Miguel's tweet above - about 3 or 4 posts above. Scroll up.

It seems $14 is considered guaranteed.

I don't know how the deal is structured, but there seems to be "guaranteed at signing" (9.1), and "total guaranteed" (14).

I think he only has to make the team for the two year $14 to kick in. And he certainly won't be cut this year, and next year it's structured, so there's minimal savings meaning unless it's a disaster Parker will receive the $14.

It seems $14 is considered guaranteed.

I don't know how the deal is structured, but there seems to be "guaranteed at signing" (9.1), and "total guaranteed" (14).

I think he only has to make the team for the two year $14 to kick in. And he certainly won't be cut this year, and next year it's structured, so there's minimal savings meaning unless it's a disaster Parker will receive the $14.

Agreed, but that means the $14.1M is not guaranteed like Miguel's tweet states. It might be "nearly guaranteed", or "most likely to happen", but it is not guaranteed. $9.1M is guaranteed.

Agreed, but that means the $14.1M is not guaranteed like Miguel's tweet states. It might be "nearly guaranteed", or "most likely to happen", but it is not guaranteed. $9.1M is guaranteed.

Since it is a slow boring time of football year the definition of all of this is vague.

Antonio Brown had guaranteed money that the team never sent, and it was settled. The only money really guaranteed is what Parker has received now, which was reported a signing bonus of about $4 million. We don't know when he receives the rest or what he's received, even though $9.1 is "guaranteed."

The rest, while lesser, is still pretty guaranteed. Do you think they cut him this year? Yeah there are examples like Brian Hoyer, but considering how extreme the deal is structured to guarantee a spot, it would make little sense to cut Parker this year or next year.

Sorry for being a dork, but to be accurate he may only be guaranteed the signing bonus, and everything else is likely guaranteed to him in different ways at different stages.

Since it is a slow boring time of football year the definition of all of this is vague.

Antonio Brown had guaranteed money that the team never sent, and it was settled. The only money really guaranteed is what Parker has received now, which was reported a signing bonus of about $4 million. We don't know when he receives the rest or what he's received, even though $9.1 is "guaranteed."

The rest, while lesser, is still pretty guaranteed. Do you think they cut him this year? Yeah there are examples like Brian Hoyer, but considering how extreme the deal is structured to guarantee a spot, it would make little sense to cut Parker this year or next year.

Sorry for being a dork, but to be accurate he may only be guaranteed the signing bonus, and everything else is likely guaranteed to him in different ways at different stages.

Miguel is the expert. He is super dork that defines the language per the rules. I go by what he says. Having said that, there is "wiggle room" I assume if a player gets arrested or something similar.

Miguel is the expert. He is super dork that defines the language per the rules. I go by what he says. Having said that, there is "wiggle room" I assume if a player gets arrested or something similar.

Miguel is the expert, but he is retweeting Ben Volin's tweet, and as usual Volin is wrong.

Parker is fully guaranteed $14 million over two seasons, where Volins tweet incorrectly says only 9.1 is guaranteed over two seasons. The 9.1 million guaranteed is only is a valid number today. If Parker makes the first cut down this year he is guaranteed this year's salary plus game bonuses. The same would be true next year, which would add up to $14 guaranteed over 2 seasons.

Miguel is using this same formula to calculate the cap number.

Last edited:
Low cap hit, creates 2.4 mill in cap space. Also gives the Pats a safety net as Parker and Thornton are the only receivers signed for 2024 and beyond. I like this move, especially if the Pats make some moves based on the extra cap space created by the Parker & Bentley moves. I’ll like it less if the Pats don’t land Hopkins or Cook.

Parker got his salary for 2023 guaranteed so he wasn't playing without a safety net, he also got incentives that could push his ability to earn higher.

Patriots eased his concerns about his contract and all the Deandre Hopkins talk, they got the player at a ridiculously low rate if he doesn't produce and a minimal dead cap hit if he's cut. Win/win.

I never thought they'd keep Parker and sign Hopkins, they still may not... but at this price they can certainly afford both of them.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back