PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeVante Parker reached an agreement on a 3-year new contract worth up to $33M

This might clear cap space!

Don't know what this means other than Parker is not getting cut to pay for Hopkins, and we still don't have a guy to game plan around.

Waiting on the real numbers. $14 million in guarantees is low for a $33 million dollar contract. If his APY comes at 8-9 per that's reasonable.

I thought he would be out if they signed Hopkins. Hopefully that's not the case but I'm not sure about paying four veteran WRs. Maybe Bourne would be traded?

Waiting on the real numbers. $14 million in guarantees is low for a $33 million dollar contract. If his APY comes at 8-9 per that's reasonable.

His last contract was $30 million and less than 11 million was guaranteed.

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

Plot Twist..

Clearing up cap space for Dalvin Cook.

Kidding..

Maybe?

He’s not bad when healthy…

But why?
I was thinking the same thing.. I like D parker.. when healthy he's shown he's a top level WR. The guy makes some great acrobatic catches.. health has been the only thing holding him back from being consistent.. I believe it means the team wants him here long term.. and likely frees up more cap room for D hop hopefully. I'm definitely not mad at the move! Also sends a good message and vibe to the locker room too!

Interested to see the details on this extension, cap hit if cut after this season etc. Clearing a bit of space this year to potentially absorb a dead cap number when we massive amounts of cap room in the next 2yr makes plenty of sense.

Thompson has a terrible habit of reporting speculation as fact, and this is no exception.

The $3.7M savings on OverTheCap (that some are rounding up to $4M) assumes that Parker’s salary is reduced to the minimum with the remainder of his previous 2023 salary being paid as a signing bonus prorated over five years, such that his 2023 cash after the extension matches his 2023 cash before the extension. Essentially, that column on the OTC chart is the maximum savings without the player taking a pay cut. We don’t have any of the details needed to calculate the true savings right now.

Last edited:
Glad I got in my over +7.5 wins before this news.

Could be enough that the could be making a play for both Hopkins and Cook. Rumors have the Pats in contention for Cook.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back