PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Sanders: Losing the bye is the best thing that could happen to Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'll start by saying I've always maintained Deion is one of the best analysts in the game, and I frequently compliment his knowledge of how things work in the real football world behind the scenes. His predictions are sometimes unexpected but his logic is sound and he often makes others look silly (see his predictions on the Patriots last year for example). So, I don't feel like I'm quoting some Pats homer or crackpot looking for attention here. Just an interesting take. I don't agree this is a good thing necessarily due to the chances alone of needing to win one more game (and the huge homefield difference at Arrowhead vs. Gillette), but this is certainly the only silver lining I've seen.

Deion Sanders Explains Why Losing Bye Was ‘Best Thing To Ever Happen’ To Patriots

“They don’t need a bye. Offensively, they’ve had a bye all year,” Sanders said Sunday on NFL Network’s “NFL GameDay Prime.” “The receivers have had a bye the whole training camp and everything. They don’t need a bye. They need to stay in it and work on their game and work on getting back to the Super Bowl, where they rightfully belong. This is not a team that deserves, nor needs a week off. This is the best thing to ever happen to them. It really is.”

I like Deion but has he gotten into Irvin’s stash again? Health reasons alone is why I wanted a bye.

I like Deion but has he gotten into Irvin’s stash again? Health reasons alone is why I wanted a bye.

Admittedly his reasoning is a stretch, but he does bring up the silver lining that the Patriots get an extra week to try to figure things out.

Admittedly his reasoning is a stretch, but he does bring up the silver lining that the Patriots get an extra week to try to figure things out.
The point is they aren’t winning anything without playing better. So they need to play

Uh, they’re so badly banged up that they definitely needed the bye more than they needed an extra game. But sure, Deion.

Uh, they’re so badly banged up that they definitely needed the bye more than they needed an extra game. But sure, Deion.

Yeah, I get where he is coming from but he completely ignores the injury situation which turns this into a bad take. Also the fact that facing the Chiefs at home is different than facing them at Arrowhead.

I still believe a win last Sunday would hv been a much much more better option...

Edelman’s shoulder and knee needs a month long bye.

I agree that the receivers do need the work. They need the work with Brady. Who needs to maximally rest his arm, NOT work it, for there to be anything there come gametime. Don't see how that circle can be squared.

Losing the bye is the only thing that would/could ignite a fire under their a55es. I know you rather advance automatically, but the last thing this team needs is rust build up. Let them play non-stop for as long as they can.

Sounds good on paper but on week 18 Brady and the WR are not going to magically figure it out. Plus this team is banged up and the last thing the needed was another game.

I knew it was only a matter of time before a thread like this popped up. There is no way in hell that this is, "the best thing that could happen to pats". Absolute and utter nonsense.

Whatever minor positive you can come up with that comes from missing the bye gets dwarfed in comparison to the positives the bye brings.

Just accept the patriots completely shat the bed and dramatically decreased their chances of winning a SB this year. That is the truth. It is what it is.

Last edited:
You could make a very thin argument that playing this week is a good thing, although I don't buy it, but you can't make the argument that having to go to KC is better than hosting them.

Deion's been drinking, then?

Seems to me he has no reasoning.

Belichick threw that game just so we play this week. Our offense needs all the reps they can get.

6D chess!

Belichick threw that game just so we play this week. Our offense needs all the reps they can get.

6D chess!

il_340x270.1245787665_qp94.jpg

Dont agree its a good thing overall but there are a few silver linings there

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back