PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Woodhead: Faulk 2.0??? (merged old and new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Danny Woodhead: Faulk 2.0??? (merged old and new)

Being a workout warrior doesn't always translate to nfl production. Woodhead has never played against decent competition in college (he was Division 2). The jets had him in camp for three years (IR his first year) and even activated him for awhile last year, sort of their Green-Ellis. He was tested in preseason games, and in practices. The jets decided to give up on him.

I would think that there is a small chance that we will contribute more than Green-Ellis.

If nothing else, the kid is definitely an impressive athlete. I wonder why he hasn't gotten a chance with anyone though given the measurables? We'll just have to wait and see. At least this cost us nothing but a roster spot and potentially hurts the Jets this season since we now have their playbook.

He was signed for information/ mind games, nothing more, nothing less. The over under for days on the team is set at 3.5.

I'm not so sure he lasts on the roster very long. Seems like they signed him to gain info and for a little gamesmanship.

Woodhead will be released by mid-season.

Stop trying to spin this into more than what it is, paranoid Bill needs all the intel he can get, he can't use his cameras anymore, so this is the next best thing

Anyone remember a few years ago when the Pats picked up that Bills WR that was just cut by them and after the game against them he was cut by us?

I see the same thing happening here,its a mind game we are playing with the Jets,Woodhead is a temporary guy.

Wow, good call guys!

Faulk 2.0!! Absolutely LOVE this kid!! :rocker:

I would read the WHOLE article, though: Shunned by Division I programs, Danny Woodhead went to - 10.22.07 - SI Vault

* Athletic FREAK.

* Heart of a LION.

* ALL Go, ALL the time.

* ASTONISHING FootBall Instincts + Intelligence

* Above all: He simply Makes Things Happen.

He was BORN to be a Patriot. :rocker:

Ahhh...The Timeless Wisdom of Fanatical Yankee!! :D

See two posts above.

It's why you reserve judgment until you've seen some facts.

Good calls by some of you gents.

Last edited:

Seems to have been a great little signing :)

I am very happy for Woodhead,as a Jets fan i know he would never have a shot to play, he is not better then Green or LT and i am not sure the Jets have the kind of system he can play well in(the Jets dont go empty back field much and dont pass to backs as much as the Pats)

also,everything he does well,LT does better.

i dont want to be a fan of a team who keep players(that will never play)in the roster just so they will not play somewhere else,Woodhead deserved a chance to play and that would never happened with the Jets.

I am very happy for Woodhead,as a Jets fan i know he would never have a shot to play, he is not better then Green or LT and i am not sure the Jets have the kind of system he can play well in(the Jets dont go empty back field much and dont pass to backs as much as the Pats)

i dont want to be a fan of a team who keep players(that will never play)in the roster just so they will not play somewhere else,Woodhead deserved a chance to play and that would never happened with the Jets.

Do you think woodhead can plan in the cold? If so, he is already better than LT at this stage of their carreers.

LT = fifth overall pick - Woodhead = UDFA.

Last edited:

It's a little hard to believe that a player with his talent couldn't have found a role on the Jets.

He does seem like a better fit for us though.

Everything he does, LT2 used to do better. :D

It's a little hard to believe that a player with his talent couldn't have found a role on the Jets.

He does seem like a better fit for us though.

:agree:
10ch

Woodhead is a guy they need to consider signing to a multi-year deal if he continues to produce within his role. It's very clear he can play in the league at a competitive level.

If we're going to sign an RB off the street from a practice squad (Cleveland's) and give him a 2 year deal (even if he is just camp fodder) Woodhead should get the same level of attention. He has the look of someone who can help this season and beyond.

Do you think woodhead can plan in the cold? If so, he is already better than LT at this stage of their carreers.

Have you ever been to Nebraska in the fall and winter? I think he will handle the cold just fine. Also he played in in the RMAC (Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference). I'm pretty sure he had to play lots of games in very cold weather.

So far, this signing has paid off big time. Really happy to see him active in both the running game and passing game as well.

Woodhead is a guy they need to consider signing to a multi-year deal if he continues to produce within his role. It's very clear he can play in the league at a competitive level.

If we're going to sign an RB off the street from a practice squad (Cleveland's) and give him a 2 year deal (even if he is just camp fodder) Woodhead should get the same level of attention. He has the look of someone who can help this season and beyond.

I don't understand signing someone with precious little talent but with a little "system knowledge" like Clayton to a 2-year deal, either. I would rather Bill have signed a legit FB like Deon Anderson instead. If the Law Firm & Sheriff Woody had an ass-kicking lead blocker behind whom to run, this offense would be much closer to being truly balanced, as it will need to be if the Ratio is indeed traded.

So far, this signing has paid off big time. Really happy to see him active in both the running game and passing game as well.

Made a ST tackle too

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe