PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Woodhead: Faulk 2.0??? (merged old and new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read that before. While I am new as a Patriots fan, I am a Chadron State graduate from the 70's and ex high school football coach in Nebraska so I have been keeping track of Danny Woodhead for years.

Obviously I'm very prejudiced towards him. So I don't really like it when people compare him to someone and then all those people that like that other player become Woodhead haters just because someone says he is better than their favorite. It is not fair to either player, but I do understand it is human nature and it is the nature of message boards everywhere.

I apologize as I don't mean to offend anyone. I do enjoy your message board greatly. There is a huge difference in the way people talk about players and treat each other on this message board compared to the Jets message board. You all get an A grade from me.

:welcome:

And I am looking forward to big things from him. People criticize his size but MJD from Jax is about the same size. Tenn's Johnson is 5'11 and lighter. The kid plays big.

supposedly he has some serious game on the court ...

maybe we can see if he can dunk like Nate Robinson.

I wouldn't doubt it one bit. People seem to forget that most professional athletes were multi-sport phenoms in high school.

I wouldn't doubt it one bit. People seem to forget that most professional athletes were multi-sport phenoms in high school.

also has like a 2 handicap ... i guess he got pissed off at his DNA and decided to prove it wrong.

I've read that before. While I am new as a Patriots fan, I am a Chadron State graduate from the 70's and ex high school football coach in Nebraska so I have been keeping track of Danny Woodhead for years.

Obviously I'm very prejudiced towards him. So I don't really like it when people compare him to someone and then all those people that like that other player become Woodhead haters just because someone says he is better than their favorite. It is not fair to either player, but I do understand it is human nature and it is the nature of message boards everywhere.

I apologize as I don't mean to offend anyone. I do enjoy your message board greatly. There is a huge difference in the way people talk about players and treat each other on this message board compared to the Jets message board. You all get an A grade from me.

Welcome aboard.
Big Kevin Faulk appreciator here. Kevin is Kevin and Danny is Danny.
I for one and jacked & pumped that we got Woodhead, a move that Mark Morse here predicted would happen when the Jets played roster games with Danny.
I love watching Woodhead play. It's a tribute to his football intelligence and work ethic that he's picked up this complex offense so quickly. He's just what we needed.

Last edited:

Thanks for your thoughts, and I'm glad you've escaped from the internet cesspool in the armpit of America.

I myself am looking forward to having a Faulk - Woody backfield next year, with BJGE, a young Power Back, and an ass-kicking FB leading the way.

supposedly he has some serious game on the court ...

maybe we can see if he can dunk like Nate Robinson.

He's probably already a better shooter, passer & defender than Nate the Not so Great Robinson.

He's probably already a better shooter, passer & defender than Nate the Not so Great Robinson.

Woodhead is going to be solid. He is a very good change of pace back. His shifty quick style meshes well with BGJE's power running. One or the other will be more effective depending on the match up. The Ravens are big but not as fast so his style suited last week's game. If we were playing the Colts or the Falcons who have smaller faster players Law Firm would be a better option.

Kevin Faulk is a lot more stout than Woodhead but I have been impressed with Danny's blitz pick up none the less.

Nate Robinson is a dead eye shooter and pretty much automatic when he's open. He ended up seeing time in the playoffs because he started defending and passing like a pg. Let's keep this a Patriots board. Or at least try to make a correct statement when talking about the C's.

My comparison of an NBA player to Danny Woodhead would be Tiny Nate Archibald, who played guard for the Kansas City Kings and Boston Celtics back when I was younger. In the 72-73 season he was both the NBA scoring and assist leader with 34 points per game and 11.4 assists. Tiny Nate was supposed to be 6' 1" but I'm not sure very many people believed it. He was known for his blazing speed and shiftiness. He was named to the NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team.

Sorry for getting off track on the basketball/football thing.

Danny carried his speed/shiftiness/soft touch on the ball/etc. over into his playing football and became a great football player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey