PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Woodhead: Faulk 2.0??? (merged old and new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Faulk 2.0

How soon they forget.
Yeah, all this Faulk talk. Have people have totally forgotten Horace Ivory, Tony Collins, Don Calhoun, Jim Nance, Craig James..............

why the ?????? on Woody being Faulk 2.0
IDNot get it....

what does he have to prove.............. Does he have to be a legend like keith? He only gets the praise if he lasts?????

I don't GET IT????? Younger, Faster, Better at this point of both players {this year} LEGACY hAS NO WEIGHT in the present. I want the better player that is younger and faster instead of an old Pat Legend that is not as good as the young one.

Last edited by a moderator:
why the ?????? on Woody being Faulk 2.0
IDNot get it....

what does he have to prove.............. Does he have to be a legend like keith? He only gets the praise if he lasts?????

I don't GET IT????? Younger, Faster, Better at this point of both players {this year} LEGACY hAS NO WEIGHT in the present. I want the better player that is younger and faster instead of an old Pat Legend that is not as good as the young one.

These posters don't remember how bad Faulk looked early in his career.

These posters don't remember how bad Faulk looked early in his career.

bad or not early does not matter..... Faulk reached legend staus as a Pat...... I hope the fans do not expect Woodhead to reach such heights before he is accepted.

Shameless homer

Woodhead will be released by mid-season

LOL, too funny

So why did the Pats wait until after week 1 to release Murrell?

Can you biased homers be any more pathetic.

Woodhead is a nice scrappy player who plays his ass off, but doesn't have NFL level skill, he's tough, actually a great PS type of player because he can do a number of things on the scout team, he can catch, but stop trying to spin this into more than what it is, paranoid Bill needs all the intel he can get, he can't use his cameras anymore, so this is the next best thing.

Anyone remember a few years ago when the Pats picked up that Bills WR that was just cut by them and after the game against them he was cut by us?

I see the same thing happening here,its a mind game we are playing with the Jets,Woodhead is a temporary guy.

I know it's very early in his career, but right now it looks like a couple of people may have been off with their predictions about Woodhead's future.

It Is What It Is - Danny Woodhead on D&H: ‘Everyone wants to win so badly’

Danny Woodhead, Patriots RB on WEEI
“I was thinking it was a great opportunity,” he said. “I’m going to go in and work hard just like I’ve worked every single day of my professional career.”

Asked how he was able to pick up the offense so quickly, he said: “Coming to work and working. It does come down to working. I’ve been able to pick things up, and I’m very thankful for that. But it does come down to working. I mean, it is my job. I take it very seriously. Whether it’s a week or three weeks to get to learn a playbook, I feel like that’s something I need to do. I need to know that playbook, because if I do get an opportunity that first week, I need to be ready in case my number is called.”

Woodhead said despite the Jets-Patriots rivalry, the transition was easy. “Yeah, the Patriots were a rival when I was with the New York Jets, but you can quickly change hats when you get picked up by the other team,” he said. “The thing I’ve really enjoyed seeing about this team is the commitment to winning. Everyone wants to win so badly, and I think it shows in the effort, in the preparation and everything that comes with it, week in and week out.”

So far, Woodhead has averaged 6.4 YPC and has been very effective in the passing game. This was a great signing. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him run the ball more.

So far, Woodhead has averaged 6.4 YPC and has been very effective in the passing game. This was a great signing. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him run the ball more.

Besides the OL, I credit the OC for calling the right running play in the right situation as well as W's ability to slip thru small holes fast and make great cuts. No hesitation.

Last edited:
It's been a fun past couple weeks and to think what he was cut in favor of Joe McKnight what a shame :D I don't remember every play but can we get him involved in some more screens/draws?

Last edited:
Came up with a name in my house for Woodhead ...

We call him 5' x 2' ... five by two.

he's 5 feet tall (inches neglected) and he almost always falls forward for 2 more yards.

Blitz pickup, for one thing.

Woodhead is NOT the obviously superior player to a healthy Faulk.

You obviously missed when Woodhead picked up a blitzing Ray Lewis and totally upended him. He did the same earlier with someone that got loose coming at Brady from the outside. If you had watched him when he played for the Jets he did a much better job than I ever expected for them as well.

I will never say he is superior or even equal to Kevin Faulk. I do not like the term Faulk 2.0. Kevin Faulk is Kevin Faulk. Danny Woodhead is Danny Woodhead. I know it is human nature to compare but I wish everyone would appreciate each one of them for who they are. They each have their own strengths that should be appreciated individually. Just my opinion. You are each entitled to your own.

You obviously missed when Woodhead picked up a blitzing Ray Lewis and totally upended him. He did the same earlier with someone that got loose coming at Brady from the outside. If you had watched him when he played for the Jets he did a much better job than I ever expected for them as well.

I will never say he is superior or even equal to Kevin Faulk. I do not like the term Faulk 2.0. Kevin Faulk is Kevin Faulk. Danny Woodhead is Danny Woodhead. I know it is human nature to compare but I wish everyone would appreciate each one of them for who they are. They each have their own strengths that should be appreciated individually. Just my opinion. You are each entitled to your own.

It took Faulk a few years to get going. we had a few threads here back in the old days regarding dumping Faulk because he was prone to fumbles and he really sucked at blocking.

Somewhere along the way he improved in those 2 areas.

Woodhead may never be Faulk ... but right now he is ahead of him relatively by career progression.

The threads are gone but check out the titles on this page from 2004.
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/search.php?searchid=1066260&pp=25&page=49

Last edited:

Fair enough.

I actually do have sympathy for the comparison. If you use two guys for pretty much the same plays with similar expectations of success, they're substitutes for each other. ;)

Now let's just see if Woodhead gets any direct snap plays. ;)

It took Faulk a few years to get going. we had a few threads here back in the old days regarding dumping Faulk because he was prone to fumbles and he really sucked at blocking.

Somewhere along the way he improved in those 2 areas.

Woodhead may never be Faulk ... but right now he is ahead of him relatively by career progression.

The threads are gone but check out the titles on this page from 2004.
New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard

I've read that before. While I am new as a Patriots fan, I am a Chadron State graduate from the 70's and ex high school football coach in Nebraska so I have been keeping track of Danny Woodhead for years.

Obviously I'm very prejudiced towards him. So I don't really like it when people compare him to someone and then all those people that like that other player become Woodhead haters just because someone says he is better than their favorite. It is not fair to either player, but I do understand it is human nature and it is the nature of message boards everywhere.

I apologize as I don't mean to offend anyone. I do enjoy your message board greatly. There is a huge difference in the way people talk about players and treat each other on this message board compared to the Jets message board. You all get an A grade from me.

why does it have to be about Faulk versus Woodhead? Can't anyone just enjoy what a kid like Woodehead is doing and still appreciate what Faulk has done in his career here?

I've read that before. While I am new as a Patriots fan, I am a Chadron State graduate from the 70's and ex high school football coach in Nebraska so I have been keeping track of Danny Woodhead for years.

Obviously I'm very prejudiced towards him. So I don't really like it when people compare him to someone and then all those people that like that other player become Woodhead haters just because someone says he is better than their favorite. It is not fair to either player, but I do understand it is human nature and it is the nature of message boards everywhere.

I apologize as I don't mean to offend anyone. I do enjoy your message board greatly. There is a huge difference in the way people talk about players and treat each other on this message board compared to the Jets message board. You all get an A grade from me.

Danny epitomizes what is right in professional sports. There are others also on our team but it's great to see we have added another one. I love how he always manages to lower his pads enough to get another yard or two falling forward. I've named him 5x2 ... I think it fits. Opposing teams will have fits trying to deny him his minimum 2-3 yards per carry. ;)

Has he ever had negative yardage on a carry?
I would tend to venture a guess of no or rare if ever.

I got no problem with Woodhead. I don't think there are any haters, I believe some just found it offensive that he is being compared to an alltime Patriots great after his second game and claiming he will be a better pro is ludicrous.

Personaly I like the kid a lot and want him to replace Faulk as he is getting up there in years. I think most do want him to be good enough to replace him as we have been worrying about this for awhile now.

OT:I heard an interview with Danny on the Dan Patrick show and cracked up when Patrick guessed his height was 5'7 and Woodhead adamantly claimed he was 5'7 and 3/4. I thought it was funny because he seemed pretty serious about the 3/4 part. Kid has got a good sense of humor and seems like a real team player.

OT:I heard an interview with Danny on the Dan Patrick show and cracked up when Patrick guessed his height was 5'7 and Woodhead adamantly claimed he was 5'7 and 3/4. I thought it was funny because he seemed pretty serious about the 3/4 part. Kid has got a good sense of humor and seems like a real team player.

supposedly he has some serious game on the court ...

maybe we can see if he can dunk like Nate Robinson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST