PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran says Chargers win easily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Satz,

I am quoting what was said on FSNE last night at 10pm. I haven't seen or heard anything else from him. Evidently, you saw something I didn't. It was not intention to selectively quote him.

No problem , just had my first baby and being up all night changing daiper, feeding leaves no time to sleep but do have the TV on all the time .this like around 12-1 am tonight.

My biggest worry abou this game is the huge distration of this last week. I think there's the possibility of the Pats coming out flat like they did against Buffalo a few years ago.

My biggest worry abou this game is the huge distration of this last week. I think there's the possibility of the Pats coming out flat like they did against Buffalo a few years ago.
They won't be flat, the players don't care about this crap. Milloy was a captain and a teammate.

Let's see how we stop the run - last year every LB was playing in a different position now they're back to their natural spots.

This is huge right here...Since last years game we have added on defense;

Seau(HE was on IR)
Wilson
Merriweather
Adalius Thomas

Lost noone of consequence (because Seymour didnt play last year)

And added on Offense

Moss
Stallworth
Welker
Washington
Kyle Brady
Sammie Norris

Lost
Graham
Dillon
Troy Brown

Really I dont see how we dont match up better but that is just one mans opinion.

I'm disappointed to hear this because I value his opinion above many of the "experts."

His comments would be worthless if he only said things to make other people happy.

The Bolts have the best defensive player in football and the best offensive player in football both in their primes. You can't get "disappointed" who thinks they might win a game.

Pats need to strike quick and strike early. Make the Chargers play the catch-up game. Second half will be crucial especially if the Pats have a lead...no let downs, and if they are behind, they need to score before the Chargers.

Ball control...and keep the errors to a minimum.

The Patriots don't play second fiddle to any other team in the league, but the Chargers don't play a bad fiddle themsleves.

It should be a great shoot out.

On FSNE last night at 10pm, Tom Curran said he thought because of the San Diego team speed, that they would win this game easily.

He said that the Bolts D would get pressure on Brady that the Jets weren't able to. It sounded like he also expected a big game from LT.

I'm disappointed to hear this because I value his opinion above many of the "experts."

So I guess we'll find out if our O line is that good or if the Jets were just that bad. Regardless, I think there will be some serious hitting going on. There is bad blood and both teams have a chip on their shoulders.

Here's hoping Tom E. Curran is wrong on this one.
You should be concerned about this. NE looked good against the Jets and SD appeared to stutter against the Bears. SD is not the Jets and NE is not the Bears.

This game will be won or lost in the trenches. The trenches haven't changed much for either team with the notable exception of Seymour's absence. We'll see...

Re: Curren say Chargers win easily

Thats a little silly, no? Being disappointed in someone because they dont think your team is going to win?

I agree. Fans on Chargers.com ALWAYS flock to opinion polls available to the public that ask who will win a particular game. They'll make threads like, "ESPN poll on Chargers vs. Pats" and the author will write;

"I can't believe this poll is in favor of the Patriots 65% to 35%! Everyone has to get over and sway this more in our favor. Patriots fans must be voting en masse...here's the link..."

As if we actually go out of our way to vote on these things! They never even consider that maybe 65% of the country think the Patriots will win. I always laugh my ass of when I read them. They act as if the poll has any bearing on the game and God knows, they don't even want to lose the poll!!:rofl:

Last edited:
Has anyone considered the fact that Curran might just be pissed of at Belichick? Although he has no right to allow his feeling to influence his decision, we ALL know just how common this is.

He's out of his mind to say the Chargers win easily. If the Chargers win it won't be an easy game. I think the Patriots are FAR more balanced on both sides of the ball more so then Diego. Minus Gates and LT the passing game from the Chargers is a minimal threat. If the Patriots can "contain" LT then their chances SKY ROCKET to winning. On the defensive side SanDiego is very mistake pron and the secondary DOES NOT cover well. San Diego was one of the worst teams last season picking off balls. Yes they have a pass rush and play the run well but no real ball hawks in the secondary with Tom having good recievers now might mean a high scoring game. That takes LT out of focus and puts the game in Rivers hands to put the ball up in the air. With that comes mistakes and thats how I see the game playing out.

Note: Brady against SD: 5 TD 6 INT (in 3 games).

I agree. Fans on Chargers.com ALWAYS flock to opinion polls available to the public that ask who will win a particular game. They'll make threads like, "ESPN poll on Chargers vs. Pats" and the author will write;

"I can't believe this poll is in favor of the Patriots 65% to 35%! Everyone has to get over and sway this more in our favor. Patriots fans must be voting en masse...here's the link..."

As if we actually go out of our way to vote on these things! They never even consider that maybe 65% of the country think the Patriots will win. I always laugh my ass of when I read them. They act as if the poll has any bearing on the game and God knows, they don't even want to lose the poll!!:rofl:

Look, don't paint me as following opinion polls like a Bolts fan. I've been a Pats fan since the short lived Joe Kapp era. My only comment was that I was disappointed to hear this opinion from someone I've respected as a Patriot writer. I didn't say I believed that he was right, only that this is what he said. I didn't see where anyone else had posted it so I assumed most people hadn't heard this. I thought it would be worthy of discussion by fans like us that follow the Pats so closely.

For what its worth, I believe that we will win Sunday. I don't think Curran takes into account the galvanizing impact of the team having the "US against the World" thinking. As I stated later in this thread, I think our new weapons will allow us to overcome the speed of the Bolts D.

Look, don't paint me as following opinion polls like a Bolts fan. I've been a Pats fan since the short lived Joe Kapp era. My only comment was that I was disappointed to hear this opinion from someone I've respected as a Patriot writer. I didn't say I believed that he was right, only that this is what he said. I didn't see where anyone else had posted it so I assumed most people hadn't heard this. I thought it would be worthy of discussion by fans like us that follow the Pats so closely.

For what its worth, I believe that we will win Sunday. I don't think Curran takes into account the galvanizing impact of the team having the "US against the World" thinking. As I stated later in this thread, I think our new weapons will allow us to overcome the speed of the Bolts D.

Sounds like we go back to the same era. I actually remember seeing Jim Nance playing for the Pats.

You took this too personally. When you write that you're disappointed that some guy you respect doesn't pick your team, you open yourself up for criticism since the statement in and of itself is very shallow.

I just said that what I see on da Chargers.com site is similar to your comment. Which it is. I'm sure you're a good fan. I'm attacking your statement, not you personally. Otherwise I would have accused you of not being a REAL Patriots fan...which I have done numerous times on this board over the past week!

Certainly the Chargers deserve respect.
And they may even win.
It is Naive to think that we won't game plan against thier strengths.
I do not even think it will be close.
I think thier Mamas will be cryin for them...

This is huge right here...Since last years game we have added on defense;

Seau(HE was on IR)
Wilson
Merriweather
Adalius Thomas

Lost noone of consequence (because Seymour didnt play last year)

And added on Offense

Moss
Stallworth
Welker
Washington
Kyle Brady
Sammie Norris

Lost
Graham
Dillon
Troy Brown

Really I dont see how we dont match up better but that is just one mans opinion.

This is it right here....

MAJOR KEY # 1 - Adalius Thomas,,,,,since 65% of the offense is Gates & Ladanian, AD is the man that will make the most difference.

MAJOR KEY # 2 - Junior Seau...he is crucial to help stop Ladanian.

MAJOR KEY # 3 - Tedy Bruschi has two arms now...helps stop Ladanian.

MAJOR KEY $ 4 - Mike Varabel on the outside.....helps stop Ladanian.

FINAL KEYS... our gang of FAST receivers and a healthy Maroney....

Deal with all of that DOLTS.

He's entitled to that opinion.

But have they gotten any faster since the last time we played them?

I know we have.

We don't have Seymour as in the last game.

But we do have Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Adalius, a healthy Maroney, BIG Kyle Brady blocking and Sammy Morris.

We are at home and we have a major league burr up our ass.

Their WR corp is depleted and was very average to begin with.

His analysis is suspect.

Yes, we have gotten faster, but mostly on defense. Cooper and Wilhelm in the middle are significantly faster than Godfrey and Edwards. We also have Weddle and Hart in the secondary. Faster.

Curran said we would lose to the Jets as well, lets take all predictions with grains of salt, for or against us.

did he really say that lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes