PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Brady recovery behind schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
If in February Brady's 2009 season is in doubt, things get pretty simple: The Patriots franchise Cassell, giving him his choice of:

A. Signing the tender.
B. Negotiating a long-term deal w/ the Pats that gives him security financially, but relinquishes his control over which team he'll be moved to in a year.

B) is better for the Pats, both because they can negotiate his guarantees so that the cap hit to them is lessened and because they have insurance against the slight possibility Brady really doesn't make it back. But the choice between A) and B) is Cassell's.

If you mean payments (guaranteed $ + salary) to Cassel in 2009 > tender offer, then yeah, that'd probably suffice.

Yes, that's what I mean. As long as it doesn't have the appearance that he's getting abused it should be fine.

They announced this in the pre-game and then talked to Jonathan right after. Jonathan said he loves Curran but he has no idea who he is talking to.

if Brady was having complications with his knee, does it make sense for him to make those public appearances walking around without any help?

just dont see it.

Apparently Brady is both behind and ahead of schedule. Since I never knew what the schedule was in the first place, I'm relieved to hear it.

Apparently Brady is both behind and ahead of schedule. Since I never knew what the schedule was in the first place, I'm relieved to hear it.

+1

What a long off-season this will be.

As reported from the Globe

Brady's rehab progressing as expected

"NBCSports.com reported yesterday that Tom Brady is "well behind schedule" in his rehab from October surgery to repair his torn left ACL and MCL. The article also cited a league source who said the ACL and MCL remain "loose" and could require a second surgery that could force Brady to miss the 2009 season.

However, league sources and sources close to Brady quickly dismissed the report as inaccurate."

I prefer to be an optomist and fully expect to see Brady back at the start of the '09 season.

Last edited:
Prepare yourselves Pats fans. This story is going to try our patience all offseason. :rolleyes:

Prepare yourselves Pats fans. This story is going to try our patience all offseason. :rolleyes:

At least it is better than the constant barrage of Matt Walsh crap from last offseason.

God, the last offseason has to have been the worst ever. This will be a cakewalk compared to that horror show.

League Scoure:confused: Curran has lost all credibility with me after that.:rolleyes:

At least it is better than the constant barrage of Matt Walsh crap from last offseason.

God, the last offseason has to have been the worst ever. This will be a cakewalk compared to that horror show.

Oh no doubt about that.

I think a "source" leaked this in order to build the case to legally franchise Matt in order to trade him.

Without the backing of Tom may not start, they couldn't legally Franchise MC...

The pats have to build a case that shows Brady may not start next year.

I think a "source" leaked this in order to build the case to legally franchise Matt in order to trade him.

Is it really a legal issue? Is this a move that they (Patriots) would have to make? That is my question. Pardon my ignorance about the tag. :confused:

Is it really a legal issue? Is this a move that they (Patriots) would have to make? That is my question. Pardon my ignorance about the tag. :confused:

From what I understand of the Players Associaition contract, a player can NOT be tagged unless they will be a starter. It is to protect the player from being held on too and just sat...

So in order for the Pats to even Franchise MC and to get anything of value, Brady can not be "ready to start" week one...

Matt has to be presented as the starter for the 2009 season in order to franchise him.

I question the timing of this report. I wonder if the Pats leaked this out purposely to improve their leverage on Matt Cassel. If teams actually think the Pats won't need Matt then they'd be less willing to part with a high draft pick.

From what I understand of the Players Associaition contract, a player can NOT be tagged unless they will be a starter. It is to protect the player from being held on too and just sat...

So in order for the Pats to even Franchise MC and to get anything of value, Brady can not be "ready to start" week one...

Matt has to be presented as the starter for the 2009 season in order to franchise him.

Thanx............. :D

Let's think for a momemt. Knowing BB's penchant for secrecy and his well known technique of screwing with the injury reports and his monomaniacal obsession to obtain any advantage whatsoever or however subtle for the Patriots, is it really that far fetched to think that he might be disseminating disinformation throughout the league to facilitate the tag and trade value of Matt Cassel? The old "don't throw me in that briar patch" tale comes to mind as the Pats finally reluctantly trade Cassel. :)

Many medical authorities and many players have said that a ACL, MCL rebuild, is more than a one year thing. Oh they admit that they could walk and run sooner, but the ability to accelerate rapidly, make a cut, and in the case of a QB to side-step, dance, step-up, and in general be "elusive" in the face of a pass rush is delayed from returning for another half year or so.

One of Brady's talents was that in-the-pocket elusiveness, that made pass rushers miss. While never a running threat, he could make that first step of acceleration, and get going, to get away, even if he then didn't have much foot speed. That is another talent that will probably be missing for 18 months or so.

The question has never really been can Tom Brady come back; but how long it takes for the Tom Brady that we all want and remember, to re-emerge. The QB who dances in the pocket, side-stepping or stepping-up, to avoid a sack while waiting for the WRs to get open, to teh last second, rather then an immobile, plodding, sack-able guy ?

If any of what Tom Curran is saying has any validity, that time may not be in the 2010 season at all. We may have to await the 2011 season. :confused3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back