Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Curran Article on Brady

one week he is ahead, the next he is behind

the stories of him never playing again are continual

we wont know, prob until offseason, after we see what the pats do w/ cassel

I hate these kinds of articles :(
Curran has been good covering the pats (since his days at the projo) so I wonder how correct his is.
time to franchise cassel, which i believe the pats will do anyway

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!

While I'd love to see Cassel play another season in a Pats uni, this is not happy news.

If it was some hack I would not be concerned, but Tom Curren is legit so I think now its time to start to brace ourselves that Tom Brady's carrer is in serious doubt... Which is terrible for the leauge and the Pats.. This is not how this is suppose to be. I guess we will find out in the months ahead, but to hear this its very disheartning.. :(

Curran is a pretty straight shooter. If you ever have a question about one of his articles you can email him...........he gives a good response in about 5 minutes. He's a cool dude. Not another John Thomass.

I still don't know how another surgery would cost him the 2009 season assuming the recovery time for a second surgery would take the same as the first. If the recovery time is the same, Brady has about 5-7 weeks to have the surgery and be back for the start of the season.

I don't know if I believe any of these reports anymore though. I agree one week we hear he is ahead of schedule and the next he is behind schedule. Curran is a good writer, but even the best get fed bad information. That might be the worst case scenario which may have say only a 5-10% chance of happening, but his source portrayed it to Curran as a likely scenario. I still will rather just wait before jumping off a bridge.

Last edited:

I still don't know how another surgery would cost him the 2009 season assuming the recovery time for a second surgery would take the same as the first. If the recovery time is the same, Brady has about 5-7 weeks to have the surgery and be back for the start of the season.

I don't know if I believe any of these reports anymore though. I agree one week we hear he is ahead of schedule and the next he is behind schedule.

Even though its early yet, I tend to believe Tom Curren who is very close to Brady... Its early yet, but to hear this its not making feel that today could be the end of the season and huge questions going into 2009.

Last edited:

he is actually pretty close to brady as well. he was one of the first to receive an email from brady himself after he went down so he wouldnt be putting this out this clearly if he didnt have somewhat corraborated sources. i hope he is wrong.

If that's true, I don't think we'll see the franchise tag. I think they'll ink a deal of some kind, beneficial, because if Tom is delayed a year, they are both trade-able assets.

I think we all want Brady back badly, but it's a relief to know we've got Cassel if that doesn't happen.

i can't imagine another year without brady..
and if it's all true, does he ever want to come back??
i guess we will find out the real situation sometime in the summer when camps begin.

Curran is a pretty straight shooter. If you ever have a question about one of his articles you can email him...........he gives a good response in about 5 minutes. He's a cool dude. Not another John Thomass.

yeah,,maybe he can answer how casserly can say last week , brady is on schedule but he says he isnt.
also, this is obviously reaching but if brady's career was really in threat right now , i doubt we would be seeing him this much publicly considering how the pats operate. i take that as somewhat a +ve sign.

This could be... repeat could be... step one in a campaign to justify franchising Cassel.. followed by a relatively quick trade once they discover that, what do you know, Brady isn't as far behind as we thought.

Even though its early yet, I tend to believe Tom Curren who is very close to Brady... Its early yet, but to hear this its not making feel that today could be the end of the season and huge questions going into 2009.

I think Brady would never give anyone this information to anyone in the press. Curran must have got it from somewhere else.

As I expanded in my post that you probably didn't see since you responded before I posted, it may be a case of "telephone" where the information gets distorted a bit second hand when it gets past on and the prognosis may be less severe than as it was portrayed to Curran. Granted it could be worse too with that line of thinking.

This could be... repeat could be... step one in a campaign to justify franchising Cassel.. followed by a relatively quick trade once they discover that, what do you know, Brady isn't as far behind as we thought.

Good thinking there. Have to tend to trust the Casserly scoop more than most.

It would make some sense to avoid the NFLPA and other teams crying about the Pats cheating the franchise tag progress, but I tend to doubt it.

This will help us franchise Cassel without any questions.

yeah,,maybe he can answer how casserly can say last week , brady is on schedule but he says he isnt.
also, this is obviously reaching but if brady's career was really in threat right now , i doubt we would be seeing him this much publicly considering how the pats operate. i take that as somewhat a +ve sign.

Ask him. [email protected]

That was my initial thought. That it comes a week after the Casserly report further adds to the possibility, imo.

I do tend to agree that I would doubt Brady would be at Patriots events if the prognosis was so bleak. I don't think they would keep Brady away from events outside the organization, but it seems foolish to have him at public Patriots events where the entire Boston Sport Media will be present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes