PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Brady recovery behind schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Curran Article on Brady

Although there's obviously a difference between normal "good shape" and football "good shape," do you think they'd have let Brady show up at that Christmas party if his knee was visibly out of sorts?

In any case, there's still a third variable here--how far along is O'Connell?

Although there's obviously a difference between normal "good shape" and football "good shape," do you think they'd have let Brady show up at that Christmas party if his knee was visibly out of sorts?

In any case, there's still a third variable here--how far along is O'Connell?

Who said anything about "visibly out of sorts"?

Who said anything about "visibly out of sorts"?

I meant walking stiffly, limping, favoring a leg, etc., not necessarily, you know, the leg facing the wrong way or something. :)

Wondering if the Pats are just floating this news so they can Franchise Cassel and then trade him for signifigant value something the league frowns on...

Wondering if the Pats are just floating this news so they can Franchise Cassel and then trade him for signifigant value something the league frowns on...

Didn't read the thread, didja?

I meant walking stiffly, limping, favoring a leg, etc., not necessarily, you know, the leg facing the wrong way or something. :)

The scar tissue and looseness conditions would not necessarily cause anything visible. He could appear to walk fine and still have these internal conditions. It makes sense that he is behind schedule because of the infection. This delays PT and so delays getting back rangoe of motion. So he is "behind schedule" compared to average recovery without infection. But what this will mean for his football career is largely uncertain. The probability of speedy recovery is lowered, so he might be on the longer side of hte recovery projection. The challenge for the Pats is how to manage this uncertainty? They are fortunate to have the luxury of Cassel's success and the option he gives them, but it comes at a cost.

League source = Casal's agent

The stuff on the knee was such garbage. Of course, he doesn't have full mobility back in the knee. It's only been 3 months since the surgery. It takes nine months to come back from this surgery. Hello.

It took Tiger Woods six months before he started swinging a golf club more than chipping and putting.

ESPN radio just picked this up about 9:35 pacific time and they talked about it for a few minutes. They really didn't have anymore insight than whats already reported but floating that nationally may trigger some type of follow-up on the networks.

Also, the thought of Brady missing another season coupled with these Pioli rumors are making me physically sick.

I think a trade would be OK if two criteria are met.

1: The agent and player agree to it and don't file a grievance.

2: The first year of the trade offer is equal to or greater than the original tendered offer. This would keep the Players Association out of it.

Look, when Brady had complications with that infection, I expected that there would be a setback in his rehab. Cassell will be franchised. Until the Pats are sure of Brady's situation, IMHO, they will keep Cassell. We really won't know more until March. One thing is certain, Brady will not be back on the field until he is ready, or until the Patriots THINK THAT HE IS READY.
I am really not worried about this.

for a injury that doesnt cost anyone but a season to cost him two, then i'd be beyond pissed.

wouldn't yuo just go ahead and draft a future QB cause does anyone honestly believe that Cassel has a great future? I remember when people said Brady was a system QB and that was the reason for his success, well we know that isn't true but it does hold true for Cassel.

for a injury that doesnt cost anyone but a season to cost him two, then i'd be beyond pissed.

wouldn't yuo just go ahead and draft a future QB cause does anyone honestly believe that Cassel has a great future? I remember when people said Brady was a system QB and that was the reason for his success, well we know that isn't true but it does hold true for Cassel.

We don't know that for sure about Cassel. He's only started for one season.

tired-sleeping-smiley-17403.gif

Cassel or Brady, what me worry?

this is the sad news. We still have 8 more months. Hopefully, we will hear some good news in the next year.

I think a trade would be OK if two criteria are met.

1: The agent and player agree to it and don't file a grievance.

2: The first year of the trade offer is equal to or greater than the original tendered offer. This would keep the Players Association out of it.

If you mean payments (guaranteed $ + salary) to Cassel in 2009 > tender offer, then yeah, that'd probably suffice.

oh great the always reliable " league source." At least Charlie Casserly puts his name to his speculation.

wasn't it just last week that charlie casserly said brady was on track and should be ready for training camp next year?

So could the Patriots release Brady?

Tom was great when he was with the Projo. Since he's left, though, he doesn't have the access that he used to and he's not getting the information from Brady and he clearly didn't get it verified by Brady.

A few things that don't make sense.

1) Define LOOSE in terms of the ACL and MCL. Most surgeons like the ACL and MCL to be loose because it means that there is no scar tissue in the area and that it will be easier to strengthen them and to get the mobility needed.

2) Brady is only 2 months post op. Rehab wouldn't have been started in earnest anyways based on the 2nd surgery and Brady's ligaments would have JUST finished healing and all the sutures taken out and such.

3) If the looseness they are talking about is the stability in the knee, they are wrong about it not going away without surgery as well. The normal exercises that Brady will be doing during rehab WILL help with the stability.

4) Brady was going to be wearing a brace on his left knee for the 1st year back ANYWAYS. That is normal for the type of injury he had. You wear the brace during game situations to give it the extra stability it needs. Those braces are damn near indestructible and can easily withstand a hit from the side and give Brady the support in his knee to ensure nothing happens.

5) If Brady was "behind schedule" and having the issues that Curran's source claims, then he'd be limping. Yet, we've heard the opposite. We've heard that Brady is getting around without a limp and such.

One last thing, every person's time table for recovery is different. There is no set schedule. So for anyone to say Brady is behind schedule, well, they are talking out their butt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye