PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CSSNE: Should Patriots take a chance and sign Aldon Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Justin Blackmon cant get back into the league after missing a year and a half, Smith won't either. 2017 is the earliest I see him back.

49ers wouldnt have cut him if there wasnt anything to this.

Yes he will be. His last suspension was for 9 games. I am not sure how Roger will handle this incident but my gut tells me that he would likely receive a lighter punishment if he signed with the Cowboys than he would if signed with the Pats.

But if we put that aside, isn't this similar to a Talib signing? Which, in my opinion, turned out decent.

Talib wasn't arrested 5 times in 3 1/2 years, one of those threatening to bomb an airport, and three occasions where "DUI" is listed somewhere on the litany of charges.

This guy likely isn't going to play again - and if he does, it won't be here.

Talib wasn't arrested 5 times in 3 1/2 years, one of those threatening to bomb an airport, and three occasions where "DUI" is listed somewhere on the litany of charges.

This guy likely isn't going to play again - and if he does, it won't be here.

Talib assaulted a Taxi driver and shot a gun at his sister's boyfriend. At the time of the Talib signing I heard numerous "we shouldn't sign this guy" statements out of the media. I agree that Talib's incidents were not as serious or at least different in nature as Smith's.

The bomb threat, DUI's , and Vandalism charges all fall under the drinking problem category. If he wasn't drinking those other charges probably aren't going to happen. The charge that concerns me is the multiple felony illegal assault weapon charges he had dropped to misdemeanors because in order for that charge to occur, multiple non drinking related actions had to happen such as acquiring an illegal weapon etc..

The most serious of the charges occurred in 2012 and the rest were drinking related. He has just been released from a team because of his issues and could be an eye opening experience for him. Does he grow up and understand that he is about to throw away his career? If his being cut doesn't do it nothing will.

Well, as long as Aldon Smith's aftercare program doesn't include volunteer work at the"Brandon Spikes Driving School" he might have a chance at sticking around...:p

Last edited:
I mean, he can rush the passer....

But he can also rush the bartender, so....

Good Guy = Ryan Lindley

Bad Guy = Aldon Smith, Ray Rice

I say, if the good guy options are basically going to be the Ryan Lindleys of the world, sign the bad guys. Who knows? There might end up being a bonus, if Goodell strokes out over it. Sometimes, you've got to think about the big picture...

Remind me why we cut Spikes again?

Pretty sure it didn't have anything to do with ability.

Remind me why we cut Spikes again?

Pretty sure it didn't have anything to do with ability.
He forgot to insure with Geico.

geico-cowboy-gecko*400xx360-360-0-61.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk