PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

C's vs Heat

Lebron also has a tendency to walk when he attempts his patented dribble penetration, but the refs also generally choose to ignore that. David Stern's NBA has always had this favoritism towards stars which is one of the many reasons the NBA has lost much of its popularity.

-Jamman

Not just Lechoke but Wade does it too....I counted 4 times last night that wade picked up his dribble and switched his pivot foot 3 times before passing the ball.....This is just ridiculous....

It is hard to think objectively when every time the C's would go on a run then the ref's would find a way to bring the momentum back to the heat.....The C's have trouble enough disappearing for stretches on offense for a quarter at a time but not being able to play defense due to getting whistled every 5 seconds or getting a T just because......Come on Kontra, if you didn't see this last night then you need to watch the game again.....I would say that no T's by the C's were deserved last night as these ref's felt they needed to make an impact on the game.....

Brady_to_Moss - Yes technically the heat got 7 points but if you look at it for example on the Allen "foul" the C's would have had a steal going the other way but instead a "foul" was called then the T and then Miami hit a 3 on that possession causing at least a 4 point swing......I understand what everyone says about the C's being old and such which means they have less room for error and when they are getting screwed on most of the calls as well just gives them no chance.....

If Allen was healthy and if they had Bradley..This series could go either way.. C's or Heat in finals. But no way they win this thing... They are going to go down 0-2 then win game 3..but lose 4 at home..and miami wins it in 5

The C's O is horrific. it's really just KG and Pierce. If one has a bad game..they lose

I think after this year i am done with the NBA...i can't stand watching games. Refs have too big of an influence

Last edited:
The asshat Battier was blocking Rondo out of bounds, which is against the rules. Typical Duke punk.

23 technicals called against Heat opponents, just 6 against them.

Rondo getting hammered in the head, than the phantom call on Pietrus on the end was a microcosm of the whole night.

You can't say the 7 points come off the total score, it dispurts the flow and what happens at the end is garbage points and doesn't tell the whole story. A correctly officiated game would of of resulted in probably 6-8 point lead for the C's at half making the 2nd half a totally different game.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

1. As I've stated in regards to the Pats time and time again, you can only blame the loss fully on the refs if your team plays well enough to win otherwise. Getting blocked 11 times, out rebounded by 15, surrendering all of those points in the paint, and having no shows by Pierce and Allen dont exactly count as playing well enough to win.

2. Rondo and Battier were jockeying for position in the paint until they went out of bounds at which point Rondo shoved him and ran his mouth in front of the officials. How does that not constitute a technical foul again?

3. When did Rondo get "hammered in the head"? If so, it's funny how you're throwing Miami under the bus for that, considering Dwight Howard is maybe the only person in the league that takes more headshots than LeBron and Wade do.

4. The C's entered the half tied and with all the momentum. They then lost it in the 3rd. Is that the refs fault too?

3. When did Rondo get "hammered in the head"? If so, it's funny how you're throwing Miami under the bus for that, considering Dwight Howard is maybe the only person in the league that takes more headshots than LeBron and Wade do.

When he did the fake spin he does. Went up and lebron hit him on the head and it was a no call. Don't think he hammered him..but did hit him. At the time the announcers said that should have been a foul. But that's the way the night went...

The problem with this team is that they're essentially a jump shooting team. They have almost zero inside presence which leads to their large scoring droughts. Against the sixers that failing was largely masked by the relatively ineffectual sixers offense, but it was readily displayed last night.

The question is, can the Celtics stifle the Heat's offense enough so that they can possibly counteract their offensive deficiencies. Maybe confusing them with a mixture of man and zone defense? The goal should be reducing their inside penetration, easy layups, and forcing them into taking jump shots.

Additionally, the Celtics need to consider reducing Ray Allen's minutes as he's a liability on both ends of the court at the moment.

Finally, the Celtics need to invest all their efforts in getting some bigs through the draft and free agency. Jags like Stiemsma and Hollins are not the answer. I'd also like to see them investing some energy in possibly looking for a small forward as Pierce's successor.

-Jamman

The problem with this team is that they're essentially a jump shooting team. They have almost zero inside presence which leads to their large scoring droughts. Against the sixers that failing was largely masked by the relatively ineffectual sixers offense, but it was readily displayed last night.

The question is, can the Celtics stifle the Heat's offense enough so that they can possibly counteract their offensive deficiencies. Maybe confusing them with a mixture of man and zone defense? The goal should be reducing their inside penetration, easy layups, and forcing them into taking jump shots.

Additionally, the Celtics need to consider reducing Ray Allen's minutes as he's a liability on both ends of the court at the moment.

Finally, the Celtics need to invest all their efforts in getting some bigs through the draft and free agency. Jags like Stiemsma and Hollins are not the answer. I'd also like to see them investing some energy in possibly looking for a small forward as Pierce's successor.

-Jamman

If the Celtics go into man with the Heat, they're going to get mowed down like grass. The 2-3 zone is the way to go.

LeBron's stats for heat vs pacers series

Game 1 - 1 foul
Game 2 - 0 fouls
Game 3 - 1 foul
Game 4 - 1 foul
Game 5 - 1 foul
Game 6 - 1 foul

Really? i cant decide which is more fake the wwe or nba?

-Jamman
High fives all around. It appears we view the Celtics through the same colored glasses.

1. As I've stated in regards to the Pats time and time again, you can only blame the loss fully on the refs if your team plays well enough to win otherwise. Getting blocked 11 times, out rebounded by 15, surrendering all of those points in the paint, and having no shows by Pierce and Allen dont exactly count as playing well enough to win.

2. Rondo and Battier were jockeying for position in the paint until they went out of bounds at which point Rondo shoved him and ran his mouth in front of the officials. How does that not constitute a technical foul again?

Rondo and Peirce continually went to the basket and what were called blocks sure looked like hacks to me. While on the other end were so worried about getting in foul trouble it resulted in easy layups or phantom fouls. That's why Rondo made the comments he made today, the Heat need to end up on the floor, also.

Rondo barely touched Battier, than Battier flopped. I thought that was a less blatant than Lebron's attempted elbow to KG.

Rondo and Peirce continually went to the basket and what were called blocks sure looked like hacks to me. While on the other end were so worried about getting in foul trouble it resulted in easy layups or phantom fouls. That's why Rondo made the comments he made today, the Heat need to end up on the floor, also.

Rondo barely touched Battier, than Battier flopped. I thought that was a less blatant than Lebron's attempted elbow to KG.

Apparently Rivers saw the same thing I did. He didn't see a team afraid to foul, just a team playing soft in the paint...

"I expect to be quote, unquote 'put on the deck' or whatever the case may be and then you go to the free-throw line," said James, who had 32 points in the Heat's 93-79 Game 1 win. "I don't need to prepare for something I already think is going to happen every game."

"We're men just like they're men; we're not going to let anyone just come and punk us," said Wade, who had 22 points in Game 1. "That is not our mentality, to go out there and make people hit the deck."

The Celtics' response was typical of a team that lost Game 1 of a series -- a desire to change the aggression level or increase physical play is a common response for a team that wants to shift the momentum in their favor. But this is a bit of an atypical problem for Boston, a team known for its defensive toughness and for punishing opponents with fouls near the basket.

Celtics coach Doc Rivers put a heavy emphasis on how the team allowed Miami to convert a whopping 19 layups and said that was simply unacceptable. Rivers wants his team to protect the paint better and be more physical, but made sure to stress he didn't want this series turning chippy.

Go ahead and do it. The Pacers did the same thing and still lost the series in six.

Last edited:
Apparently Rivers saw the same thing I did. He didn't see a team afraid to foul, just a team playing soft in the paint...

Go ahead and do it. The Pacers did the same thing and still lost the series in six.
The C's were smashed in every facet of the game yesterday Kontra. It would have taken a blind, deaf and mute person not to see or hear that. However, you have to confess that taking emotion out of the game, it was poorly officiated (for the phantom whistles and lack of consistent calls) and detracted from the flow and perceived spectacle that Finals supposedly embrace.

They need a tim duncan type..i love KG..but a big jump shooter..along with everyone else. If they had a true big guy..the could destroy miami with no bosh

They need a tim duncan type..i love KG..but a big jump shooter..along with everyone else. If they had a true big guy..the could destroy miami with no bosh
They had one and traded him for Jeff Green.

They had one and traded him for Jeff Green.

I didn't like the trade when it happened, but I wonder what the season would of been like if Green didn't have the heart condition.

Also Wilcox, who's nothing to write home about, but he's better than Stiemsma or Hollins.

I didn't like the trade when it happened, but I wonder what the season would of been like if Green didn't have the heart condition.

Also Wilcox, who's nothing to write home about, but he's better than Stiemsma or Hollins.

Also have to consider whether Perk would have re-signed

Also have to consider whether Perk would have re-signed
It doesn't matter as San Antonio looks like something else at present. I'm not sure either team from the East has the cattle to match up with their starters or their bench.

For the record, the 1997 Draft Lottery can go **** itself.

It doesn't matter as San Antonio looks like something else at present. I'm not sure either team from the East has the cattle to match up with their starters or their bench.

For the record, the 1997 Draft Lottery can go **** itself.

Oh the Spurs are winning it all....wayy too good

The C's were smashed in every facet of the game yesterday Kontra. It would have taken a blind, deaf and mute person not to see or hear that. However, you have to confess that taking emotion out of the game, it was poorly officiated (for the phantom whistles and lack of consistent calls) and detracted from the flow and perceived spectacle that Finals supposedly embrace.

I've already admitted that the officiating was firmly on Miami's side. I'm just not of the opinion that the officiating was the sole reason Boston lost Game 1. Hell, it's not even a big reason if you step back and really look at the game. Getting smashed on the boards and letting the Heat penetrate time and time again while being soft in the paint was. There was a time when the Celtics used to throw caution to the wind and just foul the hell out of penetrators time and again in the playoffs because they had enough big bodies to get away with it and not miss a beat within their interior defense. I don't think that's still the case, but I'm still expecting them to attempt it. If you're going to get called for the fouls anyway, you might as well make them worth it.

What did i say Kontra...Spurs would beat OKC

(know it isn't over yet..but WOW they look good)

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back