PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could BB Handle TO If He Was A Patriot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haterproof said:
I've heard a ton of people say that there's no head coach who can handle TO.I beg to differ.I've always thought BB was the coach who could keep TO in check.What does some of you guys think?Could BB keep TO in check or would TO just destroy our team like he did the Eagles.

who really cares?

AzPatsFan said:
BB doesn't and won't suffer fools. He believes his time is too valuable, and life is too short, to waste. Duane "big Tuna" Parcels has demonstrated that he can and will suffer fools, and try to break them into being a Team players, sort of, if it can win him a game or two.

I can see Bill Parcels uttering that famous line "...What we have here ... is a failure... to communicate..."

Compare the common denominator experiment. Parcels rode Terry Glenn unmercifully, and got him to produce, while with the Pats. He did it again with the Cowboys. BB simply cut Glenn's ass and threw him off the team, and out of town. End of story.

Yup, and what the Patriots have done that is so brilliant is prove that you DON'T need to suffer these egomaniacal fools to win Superbowls or have success. Isn't that what we have been doing the last several years? Who cares if BB can "handle" TO or not...the fact is, the smartest way to deal with that jackass is not to deal with him at all....there's no need. He's not a Superbowl guarantee at all.

Haterproof said:
I've heard a ton of people say that there's no head coach who can handle TO.I beg to differ.I've always thought BB was the coach who could keep TO in check.What does some of you guys think?Could BB keep TO in check or would TO just destroy our team like he did the Eagles.

Nope...no...no way...never...TO can't even control TO.

Haterproof said:

very difficult to say but imho it is impossible to 'manage' TO (also for BB)

I would like to back up what someone else said. Dillon and TO are nothing a like! I couldn't stand it when some in the Boston media went after him and made him seem like a demon. I understand there probably wasn't a whole lot of news so why not make something up, but it was foolish. I never thought for a second that there would be a problem with Dillon joining the Patriots. I think some people just wanted to create a news story.

No.

And the front office is smart enough to not let him try.

I'm not sure BB could control TO if he was the coach of the Cowboys. But, if TO were on the Patriots I think a combination of BB and Brady might have some effect. I can almost guarantee Brady would have called out TO for wearing that stupid Discovery Jersey (not through the media, but in the locker room). T.O would also have no reason to call out a quarterback. He'd be playing with the best QB in the league. And all Brady would have to say is "And how many rings do you have?"

Haterproof said:

I think BB has perfected the whole "My mouth is moving but I'm still not going to tell you anything" routine. The media would eventually just get bored and stop asking him the same question over and over.

A few media members would then try to take things into their own hands by completely fabricating stories out of thin air. But to their chagrin, Belichick would remain unfazed.

I think Belichick probably is the only coach capable of handling Owens. Actually that is incorrect. It's not really handling Owens that is the problem. It's handling the media's insatiable hunger for all things T.O. that is the cause of all this controvercy.

The guy has a sore hamstring. Big f.cking deal. So does Chad Jackson and dozens if not hundreds of other players. He hasn't practiced. Big deal. He'll practice when he's healhty, just like Chad Jackson and dozens if not hundreds of other players.

This whole fiasco is a creation of the insufferable media. Say NO to Shallow America. Say NO to the media!!!

BelichickFan said:
Who knows. It's worth noting that Owens and Chad Jackson have had the same basic injury, though, and Belichck is letting Jackson get to 100% without throwing a pissy fit because his manhood is being challenged like Parcells seems to be.

Huge difference in the attitude of the two players. Jackson has probably worked hard on the classroom stuff and has a good attitude. TO is a douchebag with more baggage than a fully loaded 747.

Bill Bellichick is a coach and a teacher. The Pats philosophy is to build competitive teams with intelligent, blue collar, hard nosed, willing to be coached players and we know TO is not one of those.

You can take a mule to the river but it rather drown than be forced to drink the water. That is TO.

FSUPatsFan said:
I'm not sure BB could control TO if he was the coach of the Cowboys. But, if TO were on the Patriots I think a combination of BB and Brady might have some effect. I can almost guarantee Brady would have called out TO for wearing that stupid Discovery Jersey (not through the media, but in the locker room). T.O would also have no reason to call out a quarterback. He'd be playing with the best QB in the league. And all Brady would have to say is "And how many rings do you have?"
Lets put TO's past aside for 1 moment.Can you guys imagine some of the things Brady could do with a WR with TO's caliber?Hopefully Brady can get a TO type of WR without the baggage one day.I think Chad Jackson could be the chosen one.

Haterproof said:
Lets put TO's past aside for 1 moment.Can you guys imagine some of the things Brady could do with a WR with TO's caliber?Hopefully Brady can get a TO type of WR without the baggage one day.I think Chad Jackson could be the chosen one.

*Drooling all over myself* I can imagine. He'd be Peyton Manning. Except he'd have about 6 total superbowl rings to go along with the stats.

FSUPatsFan said:
*Drooling all over myself* I can imagine. He'd be Peyton Manning. Except he'd have about 6 total superbowl rings to go along with the stats.
I agree with you 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft