PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colin Cowherd claims something is going on with Mac that isn't good.

It’s a pretty useless thing to say if the guy isn’t going to delve into it. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t curious though. If there was an issue I’d imagine the local guys are far more tapped in to what’s going on than Cowherd.

TO: Colin Cowherd
SUBJECT: Mac Jones

I am a patsfans.com supporter, which essentially means I'm on the Patriots staff. I have it on good authority that Mac Jones punched Matt Patricia in the balls last year, which led to their falling out.

"Coming up on In the Herd, insider reveals that Mac Jones ....

Phil Perry said he had no idea what Cowherd is talking about. He thought it might be injury related at first.

I have a hard time believing that Cowherd would hear something that the local guys haven't. Schefter might get something the local guys might not. Even Glazer might. But Cowherd? Cowherd isn't that tapped into the Patriots organization.

My guess is Cowherd almost blurted an unsubstantiated rumor and walked it back. My guess it is much ado about nothing.

Even if the Pats decide to trade Mac, they aren't making that decision in season at least at this point and certainly wouldn't trade him before the trade deadline unless someone was offering something ridiculous like two firsts. The Pats don't have a back up they trust to start.

Mac Jones was caught doing THIS on camera during a game and you won't believe what happened next...

Mac Jones added 6.8 mph velocity to his passes with one simple trick (with a common household item, for just 3 minutes each morning.)

CLICK HERE TO LEARN THE SECRET…

Phil Perry said he had no idea what Cowherd is talking about. He thought it might be injury related at first.

I have a hard time believing that Cowherd would hear something that the local guys haven't. Schefter might get something the local guys might not. Even Glazer might. But Cowherd? Cowherd isn't that tapped into the Patriots organization.

My guess is Cowherd almost blurted an unsubstantiated rumor and walked it back. My guess it is much ado about nothing.

Even if the Pats decide to trade Mac, they aren't making that decision in season at least at this point and certainly wouldn't trade him before the trade deadline unless someone was offering something ridiculous like two firsts. The Pats don't have a back up they trust to start.
Who even needs a QB that bad.....

.... the Jets? LOL

Isn’t cowherd the one that said teams should trade multiple first round picks for Ohtani…
Stephen Colbert No GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Mac has an obsessive compulsive problem; he can't stop nut-tapping people when they least suspect it. He did it to Sauce just the other day, but people in the know have a long list of others he has done it to: for instance, Jonathan Kraft, Reiss, the hibachi cook at the place outside the stadium, his auto-mechanic, even Roger Goodell (though the word is Goodell enjoyed it). The Patriots asked Mac to stop doing it, but he thought they were joking (that was the moment he got Jonathan). They say Mac behaves as though he's in Middle School. But Mac says it's not that, he just needs therapy to deal with OCD behavior. No one knows what to do so they have brought up Alex Guerrero for some alternative solutions (that's the secret that Cowherd is referring to [I'm talking about the solutions themselves, not the fact Guerrero is helping him]).

Mac has an obsessive compulsive problem; he can't stop nut-tapping people when they least suspect it. He did it to Sauce just the other day, but people in the know have a long list of others he has done it to: for instance, Jonathan Kraft, Reiss, the hibachi cook at the place outside the stadium, his auto-mechanic, even Roger Goodell (though the word is Goodell enjoyed it). The Patriots asked Mac to stop doing it, but he thought they were joking (that was the moment he got Jonathan). They say Mac behaves as though he's in Middle School. But Mac says it's not that, he just needs therapy to deal with OCD behavior. No one knows what to do so they have brought up Alex Guerrero for some alternative solutions (that's the secret that Cowherd is referring to [I'm talking about the solutions themselves, not the fact Guerrero is helping him]).

Mac is an odd duck, as my Uncle Brenthal would have put it. To me, this is the most promising thing about him. As I contemplate Scrotumgate, I see the stuff of brilliance.

Mac snuck a peek when he was at the urinal. Not great...

Who even needs a QB that bad.....

.... the Jets? LOL

I am not saying anyone would do that. The Patriots don't someone who can step in and can start. So they won't trade Mac Jones unless they get something stupid.

I am not saying anyone would do that. The Patriots don't someone who can step in and can start. So they won't trade Mac Jones unless they get something stupid.
tom-brady-zoom.gif

Then you trade Mac. Lol

Off-topic but I'm curious about your screen name. There was a well-known street poet in Boston by the same name.
He got radio play by several stations-the cool ones of course WGBH on Eric in the Evening, a great jazz program, as well as on WBCN, which back then was still a little bit counterculture. I moved to the South in 1991so we're probably talking 70's and 80's
I've been badly mistaken for a poet before and I did pass out on the street at least twice that I recall but that's about it. So... sorry to disappoint.

So why even start this thread? I saw this same clip posted in the Pats’ reddit sub earlier today, not sure if that was you as well. Seriously, what value does this post offer, especially given that Cowherd, who is an absolute buffoon, offers no useful/concrete information to back up his clickbait claim?
You’re really that concerned with the bandwidth of this site? Maybe you should chip in. Offer something of value, yourself.

Being honest here, I’m hoping for the best and remaining optimistic that he will improve, he does enough things decently to justify that hope … but I think he is and will be a mediocre QB. I’d be 100% OK with bringing in an upgrade, by draft, trade, or FA, as long as they prioritize bringing in the LT1 and RT1 over everything else including QB. A WR capable of demanding special attention is also a higher priority than replacing Mac IMHO.
I mentioned this in another thread, but it bears repeating: they need to put another piece around him. The offense is constructed like it’s still the 2010s. He needs a true #1 before you can write him off. If the Pats give him that, and he still underwhelms, trade him for whatever you can get because the next couple of years are going to be deep at the QB position in the draft.

Oh yeah I know what you meant, I was just thinking out loud about who needs a QB so bad that they’d overspend. The Jets obviously come to mind. The Falcons make a little more sense as well. Maybe the Rams…

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back