PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colin Cowherd claims something is going on with Mac that isn't good.

I actually like Cowherd, relative to the other talking heads. That said if you have something to say, don’t tease it and actually say it.

Mac Jones was caught doing THIS on camera during a game and you won't believe what happened next...

On reddit they said the context to this was they were talking about the 2021 QB draft class and there's a good chance almost none of them are NFL quality starters and those teams are probably in the market for another QB. That's what he was "alluding to". So Cowherd probably hinting in a weird way that the team is not convinced Mac is the guy and while he is here they'll still go back to the draft well again to try and find another QB.

And they should. That's how they've always done business and I wouldn't expect anything different. Not that Cowherd would know anything more about the Patriots than we do.
Being honest here, I’m hoping for the best and remaining optimistic that he will improve, he does enough things decently to justify that hope … but I think he is and will be a mediocre QB. I’d be 100% OK with bringing in an upgrade, by draft, trade, or FA, as long as they prioritize bringing in the LT1 and RT1 over everything else including QB. A WR capable of demanding special attention is also a higher priority than replacing Mac IMHO.

Colin Cowherd out here like the kid in 3rd grade at recess saying "yeah I know what 'blowing her back out' means but I'm NOT gonna tell you. but I do know."

I wonder when he heard and who he heard from. If it was during or after last season and from Joe Judge or Patricia, I'm sure he heard some things that aren't good, too.

Mac cannot get a break ... geez

Never heard anything good about Colin Cowherd either
Off-topic but I'm curious about your screen name. There was a well-known street poet in Boston by the same name.
He got radio play by several stations-the cool ones of course WGBH on Eric in the Evening, a great jazz program, as well as on WBCN, which back then was still a little bit counterculture. I moved to the South in 1991so we're probably talking 70's and 80's

But he won't say for some odd reason. Sounds like a load of crap to me. If he knew something he would say it.

So why even start this thread? I saw this same clip posted in the Pats’ reddit sub earlier today, not sure if that was you as well. Seriously, what value does this post offer, especially given that Cowherd, who is an absolute buffoon, offers no useful/concrete information to back up his clickbait claim?

Being honest here, I’m hoping for the best and remaining optimistic that he will improve, he does enough things decently to justify that hope … but I think he is and will be a mediocre QB. I’d be 100% OK with bringing in an upgrade, by draft, trade, or FA, as long as they prioritize bringing in the LT1 and RT1 over everything else including QB. A WR capable of demanding special attention is also a higher priority than replacing Mac IMHO.
That  could end up being true.
But it's too soon to know. Thanks to BB's insane decision regarding OC in 2022, we have much less of an idea what Mac is/isn't. He's essentially in year 2 right now. But we  will know by end of season if hh's a keeper. He has shown some improvement this year already, including more zip on some intermediate throws in tight windows, cooler under pressure.
Once we've seen the OL play together for 6 or 7 games in a row, we'll learn a lot more about Mac.
I'm not sure at this point exactly what Mac will be. Nobody is.
Oh,except of course, several geniuses who post here. Sarcasm not meant for you,AQPE, you know who the brilliant football minds I'm referring to are.
It's funny,don't think I've ever seen a single one of them break down a play

Mac’s planning to strangle Micah Parsons at midfield. You didn’t hear it from me.

This is going to turn into a weekly WWF style episode. Maybe he and Diggs will get into it this week when he slaps him on the ass and says "good play" offending said Diggs...

Feels to me like one of those situations where a "sports journalist" says something extremely vague that can't really be tied to anything, and then eventually when something else happens, they tie that past vague statement to this new event and say "See? I told you so, this is what I was referencing before, but couldn't talk about."

It doesn't really bother me. We went through 20 years of people ****-talking our QB. To be honest it kind of feels pretty normal. I hope Mac uses it as fuel.

Feels to me like one of those situations where a "sports journalist" says something extremely vague that can't really be tied to anything, and then eventually when something else happens, they tie that past vague statement to this new event and say "See? I told you so, this is what I was referencing before, but couldn't talk about."

It doesn't really bother me. We went through 20 years of people ****-talking our QB. To be honest it kind of feels pretty normal. I hope Mac uses it as fuel.
It used to be a thing in journalism where a reporter would hear something and then they'd have to get someone to confirm it on the record before they would report it. Then it went to a reporter would hear something and if they could get someone to confirm it off the record they'd report it. But with nonstop tv and everything, it's now if they hear anything, they'll report it, hence the Ben Volin thing when he got a random message about Mac and mentioned it on his TV spot. I don't mean to defend them, but there's this constant vacuum for content so they fill it with whatever they have, whether it's worth reporting or not.

What a weird thing Cowherd said.

"I heard something about this guy....not good".

"Coming up next on the show..."

Didn’t realize Colin Blowhard was still a thing …
Interested GIF by reactionseditor

No one on the record, some blowhard Cowherd says he's got something but won't say what it is. Sounds like ******** to me.

Colon Cowturd provides nothing of substance in sport’s talk. The week the Pats win big he’s Mac’s biggest fan, the week they lose it’s a mess over there. Any which way the wind blows. Who cares.

Mac Jones was caught doing THIS on camera during a game and you won't believe what happened next...
Oh god, please tell me it wasn't this one weird trick! :haha:

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Yeah, I heard he put a "student driver" sticker on his car...a foreign-made car...

...not good

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back