PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coaching Changes Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends. If leadership thought a change needed to be made at the top, its commonplace to phase out managers, groom- then promote their subordinates if the though that they would do a better job.

As you say its also common to wipe out entire departments b/c the entire bushel was rotten.

Yeah I've been with companies where both have happened. I hope the former is the case here.

You're right that's how it was worded. But he signed right up with Quinn so who knows.

Of course he did. He knows Quinn. That was the quickest path to employment. It's pretty similar to other people that get let go from their job. If they know someone in the same field, they got on the phone with that person pretty much immediately to scope out opportunities. Nash was fired. Let's hope his replacement doesn't suck.

Congrats to Steve Belichick on the promotion. Following in his dad's footsteps. Why fire the strength and conditioning coach out on his ass, though, just to keep his assistant and put him in the top position? If you're firing someone, wouldn't you want to start fresh and hire them from the outside?

You've never had an incompetent boss before, have you?

So basically no one knows how old Steve is.
He was 4 when BB took over the Browns (1991) so that makes him 29ish.

That Stephen Belichick is rising fast the rest of the NFL better watch out. Heir apparent to Bill.

Good for BB Jr. Having your dad be the poobah helps but I don't think BB handed him this job for nepotism's sake. I think he had to earn it and I bet Matt Patricia is comfortable enough in his role where he is ok with it.

If BB is anything like my dad when I worked for him he'll look out for him, mentor him but let him swim on his own and let him find his own voice.

You've never had an incompetent boss before, have you?

Oh, I have. And I had to learn their methods then unlearn them when they got canned. That's why I'm saying that hopefully it's a situation where the replacement has his own methods and won't just be following in Nash's footsteps.

28. Same age Bill was when he got his first Position Coach job.

(actually I think he's 29).

Had to look it up; he was born in March 1987, and turns 29 in a couple of weeks.

So it seems Brian Flores will be the next DC if Patricia gets a HC job
Was he the guy that sent Butler in the game on that fateful Super Bowl goal-line play? Not that he was calling the play but was it Flores screaming "Butler - go, go, go!!!!"

Last edited:
Hopefully this time they will have a suitable guy.. a prodigy watching every move and breath Scarneccia makes.

Hopefully this time they will have a suitable guy.. a prodigy watching every move and breath Scarneccia makes.

Why are all the good o-line coaches older than dirt. Scar....Alex Gibbs...Joe Bugle...

Look at him…would any self-respecting Safety listen to him for even a minute?

Besides being the HC of the NEP's son, Stevie B's qualifications to be a position coach on an NFL team
are…?

He played C at Rutgers.:rolleyes:

Edit: LS

Sometimes you don't need to be a bona fide player to be a coach. Just look at his dad.

Last edited:
Congrats to Steve Belichick on the promotion. Following in his dad's footsteps. Why fire the strength and conditioning coach out on his ass, though, just to keep his assistant and put him in the top position? If you're firing someone, wouldn't you want to start fresh and hire them from the outside?

Assistant Bill Belichick from Bill Parcells' 1996 Patriots' staff says hi. :)

Agreed on SB, congrats to him. In this respect it is tough for the son of the boss (and a legendary boss at that). People will assume nepotism as much or more than ability as the reason for the son's ascension within an organization. Maybe I see things through rose colored glasses(probably do), however, I don't see BB as the kind of man who would give his son a responsibility unless he feels confident his son will help the team succeed. It might be likelier BB expects more from his son than a non family member.

SB is a relatively young guy. I'm guessing around 30 give or take a year. Too bad he isn't a bit older, more experienced, and had earned his movement up the ranks already. I figure 5 more years on the sideline is about what we can expect from BB. Given the genetics, similar path to his dad, and if he demonstrated a dad like ability at coaching a football team, the possibility of SB being the next HC of the Patriots would have been at minimum exciting to watch unfold and, hopefully, succeed. Jonathan Kraft and Steve Belichick carry on the torch of success....what a headline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe