PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coaching Changes Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who missed it last year, or those that want a refresher, here's a good story about Steve :

The education of Stephen Belichick

“He was helping me in college getting ready for games,” Harmon added. “He would tell me what he saw from their offenses, what I can be on queue for, what I should try to remember. You could tell that he was going to be a coach in college. You could already tell.”

Now Steve is his position coach. Remembering the Rutgers connection with Harmon and McCourty (and Ryan at CB) this is as good a transition to Position Coach as he could have had.

Last edited:

****, missed the multi quote on why anyone would listen to little BB...see above pic and stare. Also, said stare makes the Brian comparison moot, yet still physically entertaining...

Why are all the good o-line coaches older than dirt. Scar....Alex Gibbs...Joe Bugle...

It's a lost art. High schools still teach it, but most colleges are going spread...blah blah blah...or GTECH style read options....blah blah blah. Very few programs run pro style offenses, and the instructors needed to coach an offensive line, and scout for them are a dieing breed.

Look at him…would any self-respecting Safety listen to him for even a minute?

Besides being the HC of the NEP's son, Stevie B's qualifications to be a position coach on an NFL team
are…?
He has been with the team for a few years now it's not like they have him a job off the street. What exactly do you think qualifies someone to be a position coach?

Besides being the HC of the NEP's son, Stevie B's qualifications to be a position coach on an NFL team
are…?
Yeah, I'm jealous too.

Long snapping is a skill easily enough learned through repetition. Much easier than being born able to run a 4.4 and leap 30+ inches. Many lower level (hs) coaches will try to teach it to the less athletic, but diligent kids in their programs.

are…?

Do you think that BB would risk his coaching reputation for the sake of nepotism?? Do not see that, some coaches sons work with their fathers.. others know what it entails and shy away.

How time has passed, remember when Steven got busted in the Gillette parking lot at a concert for drinking???..

Do you think that BB would risk his coaching reputation for the sake of nepotism??

Smarter people than him have made stupider mistakes, so it is possible, yes.

No way is this nepotism.. This is a Patriots coach getting promoted after being an assistant for 4-5 years.

Perhaps the young man has earned the promotion (and none of us can know that), but it is absurd to suggest that he got access to the profession and job openings without the privileges afforded him because of the family he's in. Nepotism is just part of normal human behavior; we all want our loved ones to have a successful path through life. Heck, I helped my son get a job last year by asking an old friend to consider him for an opening she had. Did that fall within the definition of nepotism? Totally, because I had influence and used it to shape the situation. Was it a big deal? No, because that's how most of the world operates.

We don't need to make BB more pure than the rest of the human race in order to support him as the Pats' coach.

Perhaps the young man has earned the promotion (and none of us can know that), but it is absurd to suggest that he got access to the profession and job openings without the privileges afforded him because of the family he's in. Nepotism is just part of normal human behavior; we all want our loved ones to have a successful path through life. Heck, I helped my son get a job last year by asking an old friend to consider him for an opening she had. Did that fall within the definition of nepotism? Totally, because I had influence and used it to shape the situation. Was it a big deal? No, because that's how most of the world operates.

We don't need to make BB more pure than the rest of the human race in order to support him as the Pats' coach.

What an absolute pointless post. No **** him getting a job as an assistant was because of his dad. But this move is an assistant getting a promotion after 4-5 years.

What an absolute pointless post. No **** him getting a job as an assistant was because of his dad. But this move is an assistant getting a promotion after 4-5 years.

I'm simply responding to the position some have taken that nepotism isn't involved in this guy's rise into an elite job. You and others have categorically ruled out nepotism. Looking at only the most recent promotion is one view; I'm taking a systemic view that recognizes that every promotion is based on what came before it.

The NFL is rife with nepotism; it is why these same old lousy coaches and administrators keep getting recycled. It is at the heart of everything we complain about regarding Goodell, including how he got to where he is today. It is also at the heart of a lot of the mentoring that goes on that allows for knowledge and wisdom to be passed along.

Pro sports……can't date the coworker but can hire the relative. Still a man's world.

Greatest Brian Flores Moment: "Malcolm, go!"

Ha, good one. Possibly the great Patriots moment ever, although there are some other moments such as Ty Law with his INT in the SB or Willie McG. and his stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe